main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No, it is not "standard infighting." This has not happened before. The CIA in the Bush years literally broke the law and the Geneva conventions. They murdered people. Tortured people who we know were innocent. The Obama Administration declined to even press charges, because that's how unusual this kind of infighting is perceived. Especially when re-litigating a past administration's actions. You literally don't know what you're talking about here.

DANNASUK likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In Michigan, there have been a lot of attack ads on Senator Peters for not producing economic help for small businesses, for not providing more unemployment benefits, for siding with Democrats in voting against the (Republican) relief bill, etc. These are half truths at best, but they could work if people don’t know any better.

His opponent is John James, a black former soldier who is naturally a warhawk and gun nut, a big Trump supporter, has been very clear about wanting to ban all abortion with no exceptions, is against LGBTQ rights, is a supporter of DeVos style education policy that destroyed our public schools, wants to repeal Obamacare and replace with nothing, extremely harsh on immigrants, opposes raising the minimum wage, etc. Pretty much everything I hate. I’ll be voting against him soon.

Rew and poor yorick like this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    No, it is not "standard infighting." This has not happened before. The CIA in the Bush years literally broke the law and the Geneva conventions. They murdered people. Tortured people who we know were innocent. The Obama Administration declined to even press charges, because that's how unusual this kind of infighting is perceived. Especially when re-litigating a past administration's actions. You literally don't know what you're talking about here.

4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, nah, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    " We will make America great again... again "

^ He really said this.

They're such a joke, my god. A serious, tragic joke.

6. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Do you care to explain, again?

Your point isn't a good one. Yes, it's true the intelligence agencies don't like their powers restricted. It is fully possible that they also dislike being criminally investigated. And it doesn't reconcile the contradictory nature of Senate Republicans' actions.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    In Trumpworld the country was on fire during Obama's term and miraculously recovered in January 2017, so that's probably the supposed recovery Pence is talking about.

Their white grievance messaging has been pretty consistent, which is why Trump's base is so fanatical. The rest of it, like the talk about how Trump supposedly built the greatest economy in just four years or that he'll rebuild that greatest economy after it was supposedly ruined by China (despite how many holes there are in their story), is just window dressing.

8. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Not really, because I don't feel the need to give you a history lesson. Russiagate is fake, hyperbolic junk, get over it.

9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Fake junk that Senate Republicans felt very comfortable calling out in dozens of ways except for a couple of very specific oes by the committees that studied it most deeply.

But yes, please take your ball and go home after assuring everyone you are somehow secretly right. This is not something we've seen from you before.

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That would be a better thing. Sorry. I'm really tired and it's been hectic at work, but positive.

I hope the storm victims get some assistance. Hurricanes get worse due to climate change.

Yeah, Trump should be tested for more than that. I was thinking more of the Hitler comparisons, ZanderSolo. But if anything, his emotions rule his mind, and there's not much there mentally beyond pettiness and resentment. I don't know if he has sypholis. I was wondering if he had claymedia. Sorry. Can't spell either of those, but you know what I mean. He's poisonous.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Glitterstimm, don't you think everyone is entitled to having their own opinion about this? As much as I don't want to get into an extended discussion about it, many of us have reached our conclusions based not in wild rumors and accusations, but on a lot of official information that has come from the intelligence agencies of the US and the Five Eyes.
    I wouldn't dream of trying to change your mind about the whole thing, but it is disingenuous to pretend that absolutely nothing improper happened. There's just too much evidence already out - and probably a lot more that remains classified. Because the IC doesn't like to compromise their intelligence sources, obviously.
    But there is plenty of information from official sources that strongly suggests Trump would already have been indicted if he wasn't a sitting president, and his own DOJ hadn't been there to help cover up what really happened and present a rose-tinted distillation of the Mueller report.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, I'm not going anywhere. Stop acting like a child

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Estimates for damages for Laura: $90 billion.
    Funds in FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund: $70 billion.
    Of which, Trump took $44 billion to pay for his unemployment 'executive order'.
    The only question is, with Texas and Louisiana traditionally red states, what is Trump going to raid next to pay for it all?

14. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    He'll probably promise the world, then do some awful publicity stunts like in Puerto Rico, FEMA response will be a pathetic but he'll say it's great, and try to keep the jig up till election day.

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't understand this comment. Is it some kind of "own" if a 70+ year old man has erectile dysfunction? How is it that you're fighting the toxic masculinity of the republicans when you're....promoting the same toxic masculinity.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, I don't give a **** about Trump's limp ****.

Edit: lol, I thought I was in the **** posting thread. Oh well, my point still stands.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Um. I may have inadvertently stepped into an alternate universe, because I find myself agreeing with you for a change.
    Yes I do believe an elected official should be examined by medical professionals for any and all issues which might negatively impact their ability to carry out their official duties and responsibilities. I don't think we have that in the US, but if we don't, we should.
    And let's not care about elected officials' ability to perform in their private capacity - whether they are men, women, or any other gender.

See? Any one of us can make an honest mistake and forget what thread we're posting in.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Take your own advice and discuss the posts, not the posters.

SuperWatto likes this.
  19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No ****ing when it comes to JC. FTFY

[​IMG]

20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The Republicans also sabotaged that economic recovery. They're perfectly willing to fund economic stimulus under a Republican president and deny it to a Democratic president...deliberately harming the country for partisan gain. Yes, they are that cynical and evil.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    And they've gotten even worse since then, as even with a Republican president right now they still refuse to vote for stimulus funding.

Well, they're probably also going scorched earth, not like the majority of the country would vote for them anyway, and the Republican base doesn't need stimulus money, they live on spite.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I laughed out loud at that one. Because it’s still 1863 amirite? And the Republican in question did not only freed the slaves in the states that seceded, not the four that did not? And he thought Black people and white people were truly equal, and never favored sending them back to Africa?

And racists did not bail on the Democratic Party and join the Republican Party more than 50 years ago after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act and Nixon ran against him using a Southern strategy which is currently being copied by Trump and his cult’s racist dog whistling about “the suburbs”? Featuring entitled white ***holes whining about being charged with a felony because ‘we’re just trying to protect our community from those Black people who refuse to let the police beat them up quietly!’

It’s a feature not a bug. It’s called making the Democrats kill their own Santa Claus.

blackmyron and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    And to think the democrats were all perfectly willing to support an even bigger stimulus package when th pandemic first hit, which if anything would have politically helped the present administration just ahead of the November election.

Mind-boggling.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

25. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Indeed, and I wouldn't quite call it accidental or unwanted on the GOP side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.