main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Coruscant, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    *makes my sig even longer just to annoy the dude I don't even know

oops, can't, there's a line limit*

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You keep doing this. You say, repeatedly, that you don't want this to be about you, yet your response to just about everyrhing has been about how it affects you. You are so defensive, you refuse to look at this from others' point of view.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think a lot of people have given their honest opinions about how they feel about things, why are you singling me out?

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Just ****ing stop.

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    At this point it's just trolling.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    See, you keep doing that You have weaponized both the TOS and the staff. Your little passive aggressive attempt to Drag Dave in to save you is transparent as glass.

Joystick Chevron and Coruscant like this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    No such thing, harpua.

A number of people have spoken up to give their opinions on the issues that have been brought up - and making possible suggestions.

It doesn't bother you when other people give their honest opinions on the issues, it only bothers you when I give my honest opinion.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    How is incessantly quoting Dave giving your honest opinion? Dave has a life, the school year has just started for him. He posted about it in the besties thread, but you are, apparently too self-centered to notice or even care. The staff do this **** for free, in their spare time. They are not here to cater to you.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Joystick Chevron and Coruscant like this.
  10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You objected when I gave an opinion on the issue of the signatures.

In doing that, I did nothing different from what others have done regarding other issues.

Why do you single out one person for doing the same that others are doing? It was said over and over that this thread was about issues, not about any one individual.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The point was, you look at things only as they apply to you. You do not give a **** about anyone else.

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    This is absolutely not the case, as the 17 pages of this thread attest, I appreciated each and every one of the people who chimed in. I particularly enjoyed reading @3sm1r tell us how the issue of graphic elements affected him when he's using the laptop, I also remember that @Healer_Leona chimed in to say how these graphic elements didn't bother her, personally, but could understand if it bothered others.

Saying something like the signatures doesn't bother me personally isn't "only caring about myself," but the exact opposite - it means "If other people are bothered by the signatures and want a change, I will support them" - it means I'm flexible to change things.

The problem, as your most recent posts show, is that you are criticizing me even when I do the exact same thing others just did, and you say nothing about the fact that others did it too.

Imagine 12 or more persons are doing XYZ
    You come in and point at me and say "She just did XYZ!"

That is in essence what you did when you objected to my giving an opinion on the signatures. I am waiting to see how others feel and we should give others a chance to give their opinions and we should listen to their opinions.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Frieda is at work, she can't use her phone at work. If you bothered to get to know anybody, you'd know that. Again, staff are not here to cater to you, around the clock.

14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm losing the main plot here.

If Tina is not violating any rule, then leave her alone.

If the rules are the problem, discuss how to change them. Ranting against her is not going to change anything.

15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I also fail to see where Tina is being selfish. I also don’t see why anyone would want to avoid her. She is posting in good faith and her asking for mod action is not selfish against the mods. I did not see where she demanded they drop everything, but it’s not unreasonable for someone to ask the mods for help when they understandably feel attacked.

16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    From the outside looking in, the longer this thread goes on, the more it just looks like an excuse to give a particular poster (@Princess_Tina) a hard time and to gripe about things common to many internet forums like signatures and game threads.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    "The rules" have never been a problem, until recently.

I disclosed something very personal, about losing a friend. Did she even remotely acknowledge it and try to understand where some people may be, emotionally? **** no, because it doesn't affect her personally. She just continued with her defensive, self-centered bull****.

I'm going against what I said earlier, though, about not sitting here, arguing all day. This is going nowhere. Have fun.

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nah it is not wrong, It's fresh. It's The Last Jedi of the JCC. It's art. ;)

19. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's over, harps. The community is already dead. Look at what's happening. You're now debating one devilinthedetails and one Emperor Ferus, silently backed by uber ****poster Iron_lord. It's just three or four users but they already outnumber you. Nobody else cares anymore. Everybody has already left. The ****posters have already won.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    It's pretty presumptuous that some users feel they have the right to label others as (insert expletive) posters.

@SuperWatto I don't believe we have ever interacted before this thread, so on what basis do you judge my quality as a poster? I adhere to the forum's rules to the best of my ability and strive to make intelligent, constructive posts.

21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Adding to that, ****posting is not the same as harassing a user across different threads and then getting mad that they still post and defend themselves.

I don't see why the Community can't leave Tina in peace and still have their fun.​

22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    @devilinthedetails, I just mean that the fate of the JCC is now decided by people who don't actually make any valuable contributions to it - in your case, none at all. Worse, people are leaving because of a certain person's posting frequency and nobody thinks that's an issue. Instead you come to that person's defense. Not having actually witnessed their actions.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I don't understand what you mean by "fate". I haven't seen any of your threads disappear. Just so happens that other users have threads they enjoy too. And don't deserve to be shamed for it regardless of how long they've been around.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. This, plus merging (or closing one or two of) the threads that are most redundant, may be good steps.

25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    +1

The Maverick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.