main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Tracing Point strikes again!

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    starting P3! incredible.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    max! enjoyed the merc scrap and struggles. another strong day for leclerc/awful day for vettel.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Congrats to Verstappen. I feel bad for Bottas.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Verstappen did a great job holding off both Mercedes, what a win. Leclerc had a good day too, finishing 4th after starting in P8, with just one pit stop.

6. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Race was pretty great, always something happening for the most part. Happy to see Verstappen win if only because it changes things up a bit.

heels1785 and EHT like this.
  7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    This coming weekend's race is in Barcelona, which is cool... great city. Although it probably doesn't really mean much, since it's a regular track like the other locations. Too bad there's no Monaco Grand Prix this year; I love watching people drive F1 cars like maniacs on city streets.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    love monaco, too. that usual monaco/indy 500/coca-cola 600 day is like christmas.

vietnam gp is also street circuit in hanoi, but debut race this yr was also scratched due to the pandemic. hope we get to see it next yr.

jcgoble3 and EHT like this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Monaco is kinda meh for me. I love the glitz and glamour, the thrill of watching these modern speed machines navigate a tight track with no room for error, and so on, but an hour and a half of follow the leader with no real action outside of pit lane has gotten boring in recent years. Modern F1 cars have outgrown the track to the point where passing is virtually impossible even with DRS. Just hold qualifying on Sunday afternoon and declare the qualifying results to be the final results. That's where the real excitement is at Monaco.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  11. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    First race I didn't watch this year. Don't think I missed much

12. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Dreadful showing for Ferrari. Their drivers are giving it all they have, but the car just isn't good.

EHT and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    this seems like one of those tracks where the gap between merc and everyone else is wider than usual. from the sound of it, red bull was not expecting to perform as well as they did in qualifying.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    renault 4 and 5?! what a day, their best yet (in current form).

max put in good work to get the podium.

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Another lap and Ricciardo would've had Verstappen.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Both drivers have been saying for a while that the engine in the current cars can't cut it on straight lines, which was seen again this weekend.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    vettel didn't make it out of q1. at monza, of all places. hate to see it.

..and leclerc out in q2. first time since the 80s that neither ferrari will start in top 10 here. team has a steep hill to climb.

darthcaedus1138 and EHT like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm not confident the result will hold, but seeing mclaren 2 and 3 is rather incredible.

edit: race of the year - absolutely incredible, one of the most memorable i've ever seen. hamilton going from the back to 7th was insane, too.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that was definitely one of the least predictable races in quite a while. Hamilton really gave that opportunity to the leaders with his penalty, as well as Verstappen having to drop out. But Gasly, Sainz, and Stroll all drove great... cool to see Gasly get his first win, and I think this was just the second time on the top 3 podium for all three of them. Still feel like Ferrari is cursed this season, though... Vettel’s brakes failing and Leclerc’s bad crash (just glad he was OK).

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    it looked like leclerc lost his brakes too, at first. turns out he lost the back end of this car accelerating into a turn. was glad he was okay, that was a hard hit.

max had a rough day, too. didn't quite hear what happened, just that he called in for an urgent fix and couldn't continue.

22. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Amazing race that I watched all of two nights ago. You really couldn't predict any of this would happen the way it did and that's why this sport is incredible. I was gonna say the season was pretty predictable but this threw a huge spanner in the works (just for this race, I assume the norm will reassert itself) that made it absolutely thrilling to watch.

Sainz was so close to Gasly at the end there too! Absolutely breathtaking.

Juliet316 , EHT and heels1785 like this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    vettel's signed for aston martin F1 (currently racing point) in 2021.

perez leaving the team at the end of the year without another seat lined up - lance stroll likely to stay, since he's the owner's kid.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I am afraid he will end up like Raikkonen, Hill or Alonso

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So I wonder if Aston Martin is stopping their co-sponsorship of the Red Bull team then, since Racing Point is being rebranded.

Edit: Just looked it up... and yes, the Aston Martin part of the Red Bull team will stop at the end of 2020.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020