main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    At least Randy's consistent and not a fair weather hater who's suddenly jumped ship to go after the Senators. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The intense rivalry between the Pirates...

I hate those guys.

...and Mercs was actually @galactic-vagabond422's idea. I just ran with it from Randy's point of view because I figured it was the best in character way to convey just how contentious things were between the two teams.

Vehn, jcgoble3, Trieste and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Speaking of a championship parade, I really need to get my post up for that. I intend to do that soon, whatever form it will take.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congrats @Jedi Gunny on the very long overdue win! Woohoo!

Trieste, Runjedirun and Jedi Gunny like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yes, that really just happened.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Knew it had to happen eventually.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I've been waiting for a pandemic to hit this game.

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This was a story-related request from @Vehn and isn't going to impact any other part of the game. That's pretty much all I know, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he does!

10 credits says it's going to be Arkham City in there. [face_laugh]

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, I'm back in the game. After considering my previous issues with posting consistency, I'm going to try a different style of posting. As discussed with @Trieste, rather than posting from the Officers' perspective, I plan to post neutral perspective stuff such as media articles and such discussing various aspects of the game. The first such post is currently planned to be draft grades. My hope is that these articles will produce fodder for your own posts. I will not make fun of anyone else's team (although I reserve the right to mock the Officers if I choose to), but teams that do poorly may get the criticism that the media typically would provide.

Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    With Horst as my player character I feel like you're tying one arm behind your back from the get go. [face_rofl]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, I said that because years ago there were a couple of issues with some media stuff that mocked teams. Also because I'm aiming for a more "professional" journalism tone, and mockery isn't really appropriate for the tone I want. However, an editorial or two is not out of the question (hence the Officers mention), so I'll make an exception for Horst. ;)

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Alana on the latest trade and its outcome:
    [​IMG]

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Almost took her with the 4th pick, then had thought to go out and try to grab the 5th pick and take her there instead. Just had a feeling she wouldn't drop to eight though now I am sure I will be told I'm wrong and I traded up for nothing. :p

Trieste likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This sentence is 100% going to come into play in my next post. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Season announcement! TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas

The 299 season will begin on September 6. To achieve that, I'm capping the draft length in the way we used to do back in the day. If someone doesn't pick by the end of the day, the next team up can make their pick.
    • August 31: Picks 8 & 9 (Geonosis)
    • September 1: Pick 10 (Ralltiir)
    • September 2: Pick 11 (Bakura)
    • September 3: Pick 12 (Geonosis)
    • September 4: Any remaining HSN draftees become free agents
    • September 6: Week 1 scores posted
    Time to get The Show on the road. ;)

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Also @The Jedi in the Pumas AND @jcgoble3 Let me know if you want a Skimmer Ade League affiliate. My only requirement is a team name, planet they are from and team colors. If not I'm making two teams up. Please let me know by Tuesday Sept 1st. the schedule will mirror the ELL schedule as it has the past couple of seasons.

Edit to add unless @SWNerd11 has any objections I'm also bringing back the Golden Knights.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    If you are going to create teams anyway, then the Officers will resurrect the Storm's old affiliation with the Commenor Gundarks, whose colors have not changed (check early LFL season posts in the library thread for the exact colors).

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Breaking news: Kerry Trieste resigns as Commissioner of the Bak10, saying she's giving way to a leader who can accurately express their place in GCAA limmie. As a result, this being becomes the new Bak10 commish:

[​IMG]

:D Couldn't resist @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] Hey I just go off of the BBC rankings you give me, and then cross reference that with my season die rolls!

Trieste likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    We all know you just love the drama of the Bak10 being underestimated and then finishing with the top 10 spots in the entire GCAA.

...only to have all 10 teams gone after the second round of the playoffs. [face_rofl]

Now Kerry's definitely going to have to go on the Pit this season to talk GCAA limmie.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh I eagerly await that. I also want to see Horst interview Carp after the first Miners/Mercs match up of the season. :p

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It took me a while, but I finally got up my post for the Cup Finals.

I was considering for a long while of potentially leaving the game once I finally won another Cup, going off into the sunset with a title since I really don't post here anymore and my life has gone in other directions. But now that I'm here, it feels like I should keep on going - have the defend the title, after all. Even if I don't post much, I'll still hang around for a while, just in case lightning strikes again. ;)

So thanks for putting up with me, and I hope to keep the Sens going strong for the next many years.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Trieste, jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Draft grades are up. I spent way too much time on these. Probably about three hours of researching team needs, figuring out who was still on the board when, and actual writing.

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Jedi Gunny that post was fantastic! It would have been a heck of a note to leave on...but I'm glad you're still sticking around!

@jcgoble3 I was expecting a B-, maybe a B if the reviewers were feeling generous. But a C-?

[​IMG]

:D

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Runjedirun like this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Limmie Weekly writers aren't the talking heads at HSN. Weekly holozine writers have plenty of time to write their articles and analyze everything, and as a result they tend to be tougher than the HSN folks who are put on the spot and rattle off grades on demand.

By the way, Limmie Weekly will be my primary vehicle for posting this season, though an occasional HSN piece can't be ruled out.

Trieste likes this.