main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ScorpionJedi, May 5, 2016.

1. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    I thought Alden did a great job myself. He had Solo's misguided self confidence and cheeky nature down perfectly.

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The anthology films are my favorites of the Disney era by far. I was hesitant too when the photoshopped pics of Alden in Han's OT outfit started circulating but I loved the trailers and loved the film. It was a fun story that had heart. Saw it 5 times opening weekend. [face_blush]

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Alden supposedly told a kid at an airport or something like that that they are looking for ways to make a sequel to SOLO happen. Thats what a RebelForceRadio mentioned on their program not that long ago from what I remember.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Three nights ago I finally watched Solo. And again 2 nights ago.

Brilliant film. Loved it.

And guess what? Han shot first.

5. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I don't hate Alden's performance but oh my word is it a pale imitation of Harrison Ford. Alden was better off playing Dash Rendar.

CampOfSorgan and LawgSkrak like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I wasn't impressed tbh

AnakinTheChosenOne likes this.
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Considering how strongly the role belongs to Ford, he did an amazing job.

8. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    In my eyes, the role now belongs to both Ford and Ehrenrich.

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He did a good job. Nothing mind-blowing, but considering the size of the shoes he had to fill, he did good. Wouldn't mind seeing him as Han again in the future, either in Solo 2, Lando or some TV series.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm watching the film as I type and I am LOVING Han! I don't know why I haven't quite seen it this way before, but Harrison was right: Alden nailed it.
    I actually just found a new level of appreciation for Han as a character. There's something about his mannerisms and attitude that sets him apart from every other major SW character - and the characterization of both him and the movie as a whole is absolutely true to who he is, as far as I'm concerned!

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Alden is an excellent and deeply underrated actor.

12. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    One line that stands out to me is "It's their planet, we're the hostiles". To me, that is perfection. And not just because of the way he says it, but because it reveals an unexpected side of Han (to me, at least) while at the same time being one hundred percent classic Han =D=

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    AH manages to just about pull off a role that is so iconic to another actor for over 40 years, like with James Bond every actor following Connery has needed two or three films to get established in the role and it's the same with Solo. Give AH and DG a few films and then judge them, to judge them on 135 minutes isn't fair in my opinion.

14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Another great Han moment:

-You could be detained just for having that.

- What good would that do anybody?

I love his superior attitude there!

Bor Mullet and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I judged Alden from those 135 minutes. I judged that he was perfect as a young Han.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  16. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Yes, Ehrenreich managed to be an iconic Han Solo after one film. And for the actors who had portrayed Bond after Connery, I thought they had done a great job in immediately establishing their own versions of the character. I never thought Connery was the best James Bond.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Craig is the best Bond. Followed by Connery. And then Dalton. And after them...the rest.

PymParticles and EHT like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Craig is the worst Bond. Grimdark "edgy" nonsense. Bond is supposed to be fun, and Craig's movies aren't. That's not on him though, but his portrayal suffers from the terrible scripts.

Ehrenreich turned out to be a great young Han though.

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Craig is just the best acting-wise, I think. And benefits from being directed by some of the best directors (Sam Mendes, for example). And the least chauvinist, which I appreciate. He can be a little dour, but I find some of his deadpan to be funnier than the normal camp (from Moore, mostly). Though I do have a soft spot for a lot of the camp, like in Man with the Golden Gun and the hilariously bad Moonraker. But most of the Bonds outside Craig are just too creepy, in the end.

That said, I get the critique as I probably enjoy watching the campy Bond movies the most. But Craig’s acting, and most of the films he’s in, are just of a higher quality, even if they stray from the original formula.

Anyway, Ehrenreich turned out to be a great Han though. ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    EHT and Lulu Mars like this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think George Lazenby got absolutely scammed by a subpar script and having his voice overdubbed during the whole sequence where he's undercover. I think he could have done a bang-up job if gotten off on better footing and chosen to continue. Best of all, as an Australian, he set the precedent for a Commonwealth citizen playing Bond, meaning there's a distinctly non-zero chance that we could one day see a very polite Canadian Bond :p

Also, Ehrenreich was a great Han.

Darth Chiznuk , Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    @TCF-1138 has directly implied that Die Another Day and the other Brosnan movies are not the worst Bond movies. Therefore, he must enjoy this scene. :p

[​IMG]

Yes.

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That scene is clearly a cinematic masterpiece.

Fun fact since we're talking Bond for some reason, Roger Moore used to live part time about a kilometer from me. Never met him, but I know people who did.

EHT, Bor Mullet and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    How to improve Goldeneye with one simple change!!!
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet, TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The turtleneck makes the scene.

TCF-1138 and EHT like this.