main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Dawn of the Jedi Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I want to mention my appreciation of Force Hounds. They’re Force-users and they wield proto-lightsabers, but rather than following a philosophy, they’re slaves.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I like the idea but they are too similar in powers to movie-eras Sith/Jedi and with their not-lightsabre do they feel like your standard John and Jann "troubled/conflicted and hot dark side user/s"

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Hmm.. Never thought about it that way

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who/which post are you responding to?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    We have some exciting news. Thank you, Marvel and Lucasfilm.

Amazon has a solicitation for Legends Epic Collection: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 1, due with a release date of October 27, 2020, and will bind together all three arcs from Dawn of the Jedi plus the Issue #0.

Personally, for me, being the fan I am of "ancient Star Wars," this is cause for celebration. After five years from the license shift, we can finally see all of Dawn of the Jedi back in republication status. This being Volume #1 also suggests we are going to get additional volumes that may likely contain the original seven mini-series for Tales of the Jedi (Beast Wars of Onderon through Redemption). Or those could fall under The Old Republic Epic Omnibus line. It will be interesting to see under which line those get republished.

It is also interesting to mention that some later publications of the Tales of the Jedi tradepaperback (that had the Beast Wars of Onderon and Saga of Nomi Sunrider) were labelled part of Knights of the Old Republic. I mention this because we already have an Epic Collections series called The Old Republic that has three volumes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is some copied info from the Amazon solicit:
    Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Tales of the Jedi Vol. 1 Paperback – October 27, 2020
    by Jan Duursema (Illustrator), John Ostrander (Contributor)

(some familiar names....)

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI - FORCE STORM (2012) 1-5, STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI - PRISONER OF BOGAN (2012) 1-5, STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI - FORCE WAR (2013) 1-5, STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI (2012) 0

The origins of the Jedi order are revealed! Journey all the way back to the beginning, more than 25,000 years before the saga of the Skywalkers, and discover how the Jedi began! Before lightsabers, before hyperspace travel, before the Jedi's message spread throughout the galaxy. When connections to the Force were strange and new. There, on a distant planet, a group of beings strive to balance the mysterious Force. Behold the Jee'dai! But a stranger is coming, one who has a connection to the Force all his own - and the doors to the galaxy are about to swing wide open!

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's a random thought.

We had eight Tho Yor monoliths. If we are to take it that the largest one was Mortis, then is one of the seven sent to the Chiloon Rift? It strikes me as a decent prison for the Bogan prisoners. I wonder what other stellar anomalies we could consider to be, at their heart, monoliths.

Perhaps Exegol is a grounded one...?

8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Could be that exegol is a grounded one.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That is a bit strange though. The first volume of the Tales of the Jedi collection has no Tales of the Jedi content. 8-}

10. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    I agree why did they call it tales of the jedi

11. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    The amazon listing appears to show the release date pushed back for Tales of the Jedi: Volume 1, Dawn of the Jedi.

It's showing Dec. 8, 2020.

Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Tales of the Jedi Vol. 1 Paperback – December 8, 2020
      • Paperback: 504 pages
      • Publisher: Marvel (December 8, 2020)
      • Language: English
      • ISBN-10: 1302926977
      • ISBN-13: 978-1302926977
    Source: amazon.com

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  12. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    That will be on my christmas list.

13. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Yeah, good timing. We have to be prepared for a sell out. The Tales of the Jedi omnibuses and trades have reached collector prices.

14. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Sorry, or not a sell out because it's Legends. I remember how Issues 0 and 1 went into third printings. And then the prices are up on the three tradepaperbacks. I'm laughing at myself for reliving those rare moments when Dark Horse had sellouts on first issues.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am endeavoring to avoid anything with a Legends banner though...

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering: why?

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I One Canon my bookcase. A big Legends banner on the spine just interferes with that.

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Do you prefer trades or the original issues?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I prefer trades just because issues don't last on the shelf as a rule.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Same here

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Myself, I tend shift between different formats. I don't have a preferred format for reading comics. Each seems to offer something different.

For Dawn of the Jedi I purchased every issue as a single comic and got duplicates. I was putting sets together for people.

There is a third member of the creative team who was cool to talk to. Dan Parsons did the inking on all the issues. He did quite a bit of inking for the team of Duursema and Ostrander.

Having a complete artwork presentation bound into a single Omnibus would be super-nice:

Complete cover art for all 16 issues
    [​IMG]
    Flores Variant for Dawn of the Jedi #1
    [​IMG]
    Third Printing cover art for Issues #0 and #1
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Concept character art sketches that were put up on the internet
    Creator Interviews

I don't know if we will get any artwork from the short story Eruption or the novel, Into the Void.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  22. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    The release date on TFAW.com is listed as November 25, 2020.
    Amazon has December 8, 2020.

Those are the release dates I can see right now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    darklordoftech and Gamiel like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who are the duo on the cover?

24. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    My best guess is young Axl Rose and Angelina Jolie as Tomb Raider!

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Comixology has the release date as November 25, 2020.

[​IMG]
    Available on November 25 2020

Comixology Description

Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Tales Of The Jedi Vol. 1

Collects Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force Storm (2012) #1-5, Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Prisoner of Bogan (2012) #1-5, Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force War (2013) #1-5, Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (2012) #0.

The origins of the Jedi order are revealed! Journey all the way back to the beginning, more than 25,000 years before the saga of the Skywalkers, and discover how the Jedi began! Before lightsabers, before hyperspace travel, before the Jedi’s message spread throughout the galaxy. When connections to the Force were strange and new. There, on a distant planet, a group of beings strives to balance the mysterious Force. Behold the Jee’dai! But a stranger is coming, one who has a connection to the Force all his own — and the doors to the galaxy are about to swing wide open!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Jedi Knight88 and darklordoftech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.