main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Don't tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing :p In terms of weather, I know it looked like it was going to start cooling off here a bit, but today was quite warm.

Also, I know there's a few Sims fans here. I played it off and on as a pre-teen/teen, mostly 2 and a bit of 3 - I actually bought 4 a few months ago because it was only $6 but I haven't played much because I just didn't really get back into it for a number of reasons plus running it on a laptop is just a nightmare. But anyway there's going to be a Star Wars Expansion pack! It actually looks pretty awesome. I'm not going to buy it but someone should so I can live vicariously though you!

Lady_Misty and mavjade like this.
  2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I saw that and I'm not sure what to make of it. The Sims isn't like any of the Star Wars games I've played so I can't tell how it'll work. I'm still going to get it though, but it's Star Wars. I could do a Let's Play if you want?

Briannakin likes this.
  3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’ve never tried the Sims. Let me know if this one is worth checking out.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I had no clue he was sick.

Lady_Misty and Gamiel like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Neither did I. So very sad.

Edit: I was just scrolling through reddit and it seems like the diagnosis was kept very private.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heartbreaking. I knew his work too briefly.

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I like it, and it's popular on youtube. If you want to check out some youtubers then I'd recommend James Turner, Deligracy, and The English Simmer. They tend to do Let's Plays based around the latest pack as well as house builds and stuff. The Sims 4 has been out a while now though, and normally when a Sims game gets this old there's a new one announced, but they've said The Sims 5 is still a ways off yet.
    I didn't recognise the name so I had to look him up. He was great as Black Panther. :(

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, I was quite heart broken about Chadwick Boseman, he was a very talented actor and quite the philanthropist. We actually found out watching the Yankee game last night because it was Jackie Robinson day (so all the players had Robinson's number 42 on )and Chadwick Boseman had played him in the move 42. I guess the announcers saw it basically as it was put out that he had died.

Lady_Misty and DarthIshtar like this.
  9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I love that movie and that tradition. :(

Jedi Knight Fett and mavjade like this.
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Found an old CD with all the original fics that have been truncated by the boards. Read through (they are okay considering I was 16-19 when I wrote them). I was even considering doing a repost of some of the better ones but some of them reference or use a character that was created by someone who is no longer on the boards... had debate about the ethics of it with husband but didn't come to a resolution.

Le sigh.

11. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    What a relief... 3 years ago my mother got a cancer diagnosis. Radiation treatment seemed to have cured the cancer but in her last follow up check in CT they discovered a swollen lymph gland. Alarm bells pinged off even though the doctor was quite certain that it was not cancer (yet). But they want to monitor in case some of the crap had spread, thus, an extra check before the originally scheduled one. Results came today and everything looks good, and lymph gland is returning to normal size again.

Lady_Misty, Kit' , jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Woohoo [mention]CaraJinn [/mention] that’s amazing news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaraJinn likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic CaraJinn @};- @};-

And Kit' -- the thought of you reposting anything makes me [face_party] and [face_dancing] as Kithera and her group of friends and family have become habit-forming [face_laugh]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    CaraJinn and Kit' like this.
  14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Stephanie, the friend who was in the hospital with pneumonia and sepsis last week due to COVID-19, is now in the ICU while they decide whether or not she needs to be on a ventilator in a medically-induced coma or if she can continue to just work with a respiratory therapist. She’s a cancer survivor who had issues with a pulmonary embolism last year, so I’m more than a little scared for her.

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh no Ish! That's not good. Big hugs to you and also to her. @};-[:D]

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - it's actually a different universe but I think you'd still love it. @};-@};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    For those that need some good news: my sister Kathy had her baby, online I'm calling him Stanley, he's really cute. Evan's Eye Doctor Appointment went well, he screamed bloody murder when they put the eye drops in, but there weren't any lesions on his irises so now we have a baseline for his future appointments; his sweet older cousin Chibi wanted to go show so she could show him that it wasn't scary but she had school and only one person was allowed to go with the patient.

The weather here is getting cooler and I soon will be able to bake some of my favorite breads and foods that I can't make because of weather.

I will share pictures when I make them.

amidalachick, DarthIshtar and Gamiel like this.
  17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There was an update from Stephanie’s husband that since he’s put out a request for prayer and fasting, she’s made significant improvement and they’re no longer considering a ventilator. I got literally dizzy with relief when he posted the news.

18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Having been watching the sims community... I can tell you all there is a mix of "We didn't ask for that! Baby update! Bunk Beds! Cars! Gah!" and "Oh, cool! Yay!!" and everything in between...

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [:D] for everyone's good news!!

I'm so happy it's a holiday weekend here in the US, I can really use that extra day off. I just realized the other day I haven't taken a vacation since I started this job in November. We were supposed to take one to go to Celebration but well, that obviously didn't happen so I didn't request the time off. For the first time in my adult life I have a job where I don't have to plan my vacation time a year in advance and it's caused me not to take it at all.

amidalachick, Gamiel and DarthIshtar like this.
  20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I just found out that I can only carry over 80 hours of PTO and so need to use a day and a half of vacation before Halloween. This has never happened before, since I’ve been to Italy, Turkey, Greece, France, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Spain, Morocco, Portugal, Malta, and a lot of states in the years I’ve worked there. I’d have bigger problems if I hadn’t just taken 6 days off to go hiking.

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Today is my 15 year board-iversary [face_hypnotized] (I only noticed because I got a trophy.)

So I bought some fabric the other day, had to get a bit extra because it wasn't wide enough for my pattern. It was close to the end of the bolt so I just took the rest of it making it almost 6 yards. It was decent fabric because I'm making a gift, so while it wasn't crazy expensive, it wasn't cheap either. I washed it so I could start to cut out my pattern and as I folded it, I realized it wasn't what it had said on the bolt and I couldn't use it for what I bought it for. :_| I'll find a way to use it, I already have an idea for a yard or so, but still. Also, it means I have to get more fabric and I have fewer days to actually make the item.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Happy board-iversary Mav!!! But ouch! That sucks! What type of fabric is it?

I'm having a heck of a time finding fabric I like these days. I'm currently working on a baby quilt for my quasi-step-sister (It's so colourful I'll have to post pics) and it's almost done, but I'm not sure what my next project will be, other than some cat beds out of some scraps I wanna use up.

So... how is everyone doing?

I had a bit of a victory a few days ago. Basically my (half) brother is getting married next month (very small ceremony due to covid restrictions) and I have just had a heck of a time finding a dress for it - so has my sister. It's an autumn outdoor wedding up north but my sister and I still wanted to look good without freezing (our abusive former step-family will be in attendance ugh - and they always bullied us for our looks - I was "too scrawny" and she was a bit on the heavier side, well, now my sister is smaller than me and I've buffed up thanks to all the adaptive sports I've been doing). Anyway the bride wants everyone in "colourful" attire and that's just not me. Then theres the whole thing with not wanting to be too dressed up, wanting to be able to wear the dress again, I have the added issue of needing to be able to put on the dress by myself (seriously, how do abled-bodied people put on dresses with back zippers???). ANYWAYS, SO I finally found this navy tiger dress and it came today and it's perfect and I love it.

I've got a navy and white face mask to match... and a pair of navy doc martins to wear because I need something to make me feel strong. Because this wedding is on the anniversary of my father's death and I'm not okay (it's not about the wedding, it's more about seeing my former-step-father).

ANYWAYYY! That got way darker and longer than I intended. Sorry! At least my angst is bringing my muse back out from the vacation it's been on.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    mavjade and amidalachick like this.
  23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Can't speak to dresses, but the one time I had to wear a wetsuit with a back zipper, I gave up and asked a stranger to zip it up for me every time I needed to.

24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    It's a skill.

amidalachick, Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah I hate doing zips up at the back and I’m
    Able-bodied. A friend of mine has lots of dresses that are structured like that and she uses something like this - it's a back zip helper :)

Also congrats @mavjade for your board-versary :) @};-

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    mavjade and amidalachick like this.