main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Shadowsun

Tempt me!! Tempt meeeeeeeee!!!!!!! =P~[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]=D=

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Sinrebirth , Shadowsun and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright well I think I will accept character sheets, if I get enough people (four or so) then I think I will launch.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chessboard: The Laws of Deception

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

-Sun Tzu

The year is 66 BBY.

Through the shrewd manipulation of events by the mysterious Master, two unlikely individuals meet far before their time, to play out their future in a game of strategy and power. Before one was even a Sith apprentice, before one became clouded to the future by the dark side, a young Palpatine and wizened Yoda met in the professors office on Nouane.

A chessboard was set out for them already.

The Black King was in the hands of Palpatine already, pushed into his palm by his aloof Professor, suspected of murder of his fellow student, Tarsus Valorum. So when he crossed paths with the Jedi Grandmaster, investigating said death, Yoda knew that this man was why he had been led to Nouane; to play this game with an otherwise ordinary teenager; the board was ready.

All Yoda had to do was play.

OOC: This is a spiritual successor to @Winged_Jedi's game, Chessboards of Power. The scenario is pure Epitaph fluff, but essentially the players may take control of Yoda or Palpatine to, well, play the ultimate game of Chess.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/chessboard-the-laws-of-power.29819251/

Old game for reference.

Thoughts? [face_innocent]

Kalio_Dynkos likes this.
  4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    People's thoughts on a classic Pokemon game? Probably set in one of the more earlier regions, Kanto, Hoenn, etc.

Follows a typical tale of a Pokemon trainer, fairly chill and calm compared to some other games on the boards. Essentially a nice and nostalgic Pokemon RPG.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Darth_Elu and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I would love this!

Darth_Elu and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested... [face_whistling]

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  7. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Excellent!

[​IMG]

Currently have my eyes set on the region of Sinnoh, from the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum games. Thoughts on the RPG being set here?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Original characters or we can play as canon?

TheSilentInfluence and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Hmm... I am still considering, but at this point I think both is fine.

TheSilentInfluence and Darth_Elu like this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I'd prefer original for myself, though I don't mind canon characters being an option. Just FYI, I mainly have knowledge of the original 151. Though there are a few of the newer ones that I've noted and like. :p

11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am considering Cynthia :p

Good thing you chose Sinnoh as that was the last region I played in.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions so no complaints from me. :p

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I feel old. I’ve only ever played the original Red and Blue games. Lol

Ok, done chatting casually in the IM thread. :p

14. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Any thoughts on a 'The Boys' RPG?

I think it is a little niche and there are already two other superhero games (although this would likely be very different).

I haven't really planned anything out just curious if there would be any interest.

15. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    You know my answer.

[​IMG]

Shadowsun likes this.
  16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    [​IMG]
    :p

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Anything based off The Boys (though I haven’t seen the show) would have to be seriously watered down. Lol :p

Master Vo'Un'Var and Shadowsun like this.
  18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Yeah... yeah it would have to be... still the central themes I would still want to keep. (Superheroes being... self-absorbed 'jerks', was going to use a different word...[face_laugh])

19. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

Shadowsun likes this.
  20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Coughs politely

After some input from various sources, whose help I'm thankful for, I've finished an OP for a potential Dune game. So my question would be how many think there is enough interest in one to consider running it, now?

21. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    THE SPICE MUST FLOW

22. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    If allowed, I can share what I have here and see what you all think.

23. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    I would be keen to see what you have so far.

24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Ok, minus artwork, which I still wish to add, after finding good pieces, here it is:

“The year is 10,192. House Atreides has been eliminated on Arrakis and their mortal enemies House Harkonnen have resumed control. However, rumors are emerging from the sands and spice harvests are being disrupted. The time is ripe for dissent and discord to emerge.”
    One year has passed since the legions of Harkonnen swept onto the face of Arrakis and ambushed the Atreides. To all outside knowledge the entire House Atreides was destroyed, save the Mentat, Thufir Hawat who has replaced the deceased Piter de Vries. Only the Harkonnen, House Corrino, and the Sardaukar that were disguised in Harkonnen livery know that it was not just the efforts of the Harkonnen alone that destroyed one of the Great Houses.

Rumors abound though. The Court on Kaitain is even more rife with intrigue, with conspiracies, and with rumors. To one side stood men in Guild livery, to another stood the black garbed Bene Gesserit. Spread across the throne room were men and women, nobles of the Houses, in uniforms or dress that matched that of their House. Those of the Great Houses stood closer to the throne, those of Houses Minor toward the back of the hall. Mentats in service to a House stood near the Lord or Lady of the House, to provide their services the moment it was required.

Upon the dais several figures could be seen. To the left of the throne an older woman, the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam sat, disquiet at the loss of Jessica, even a year later, hidden in her features. A senior Guild navigator, one who had not yet fully undergone the change, stood to his right. There was no Mentat but other rumors told that the final figure upon the throne had Mentat training. The Emperor Shaddam IV.

He lounged upon the throne, surveying the various people gathered there, a small smile touching his lips at how easily identifiable the various factions were. He, above others, knew the validity of the rumors that were circulating. It seemed that his Sardaukar and the pathetic Harkonnen troops had not completely wiped out the nest of Atreides. Or, that was what his spies seemed to indicate.

Spice harvests were not at the limit of the quota, even with the terror that Baron Harkonnen’s nephew, Rabban, had been inflicting upon the populace. The reports from the Governor’s Office there were that rabble in the desert were sabotaging carryalls and harvesters. But the spies reports spoke of thought out tactics, of battle language very reminiscent of the Atreides. To date the spies had not been able to infiltrate the sietch’s, as though there were active resistance among the Fremen to outsiders.

Each month he had the CHOAM Company raise the quota, in part to drive the Harkonnen to their own destruction, but also to drive the competing Houses to believe that they would be the successors to the Harkonnen and reap the spice profit. Which was why the Houses were here now, why they had come, to hear the latest news of Arrakis and plot further to raise their own prestige. That was the devil’s pit that the Landsraad was.

A deep, sonorous tone sounded. At the noise the heads of each House moved toward the hold short line, their Mentats following. As each reached it, they bowed deeply as the Mentats queued behind them. Shaddam sat more formally on his emerald throne now, a scowl on his face as he looked down on the gathered nobles.

The Guild representative and Mohiam were whispering in either ear and he waved a hand to have them step back. A deep baritone rolled forth from his mouth, “CHOAM profits are up but spice production has begun to falter. Therefore lesser incursions into the deeper desert by Houses other than that of the Harkonnen has been authorized. The Guild,” he gestured to the representative, “is preparing to lower rates of transport by 10% at the current time as long as spice production returns to quota levels.”

A harsh glance from Shaddam and a rustle from the Sardaukar lining the walls stilled the murmurs of the crowd that followed his pronouncement. The Emperor had just declared open season on spice mining, if the Houses could find the funds for transport. There was an air of amusement from the Guild representatives that stood, isolated to one side of the chamber, and a low buzz ran through the Bene Gesserit contingent on the other side of the hall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the game:

The game is set in the second and third year between when the story in the first of the Dune books by Frank Herbert is set. It begins one year after the Harkonnen had retaken Arrakis and will lead up to and possibly beyond the events where Paul Muad’dib and the Fremen begin their crusade to retake the planet.

Available character types:

Great house noble
    House Minor noble
    Guild navigator
    Bene Gesserit
    Mentat
    Fremen

Rules:

Please PM me your Character Sheets first for approval
    No God-modding
    Obey the Boards’ rules
    The GM’s word is law
    If you have to pause your participation or would like to withdraw please notify beforehand so that I can accommodate
    Have fun

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Character Type:
    Physical description (picture if applicable):
    Height:
    Weight:
    Skin color:
    Hair color:
    Eye color:

Personality:

Quirks:
    Likes/dislikes:
    Strengths/weaknesses:

Weapons (if applicable):

Short Bio:

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Obligatory first draft comments which will undoubtedly be something you have in mind but if I get the obvious out of the way I look smart.

Pictures. I needs pictures (of Timothee).

As I say, pictures.