main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Elizabeth2020

Elizabeth2020 Jedi Padawan

Sep 14, 2018
    It’s 2020 and I literally just saw this reply! You’re a miracle worker and this is basically the BEST thing about this stupid year, thanks! Wow, I’m impressed!
    Anyway you can find the full version of it’s sequel? Called Broken Vows???

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Unfortunately I couldn't find that one. :( The only place I could find it posted was here and the wayback machine didn't get the whole thing. I tried to see if I could just find Scruffy-looking anywhere else, but other than where I found the first story, I didn't see anywhere. There is a way to email from that Moons of Iego site, that maybe you could email the author and see, but who knows if that email still works. Sorry I couldn't be any more help!

Gamiel, Elizabeth2020 and Kahara like this.
  3. Elizabeth2020

Elizabeth2020 Jedi Padawan

Sep 14, 2018
    Thank you for your kind and prompt reply! I really appreciate you going “above and beyond” for me! Kindness of strangers, indeed!

mavjade , pronker and Kahara like this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hi.
    Do you know of any stories where X Wing Pilot action is done well?
    Flying their X Wing, locking on target, talking to their Artoo unit, messing with their shields, chatting to other pilots, "They're coming in too fast!" etc.

I'd like to read how folks do it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    If I recall correctly, @Lane_Winree had some good X-wing fics with a bit of action. Unfortunately he was more active pre-move so much of his stuff is unfortunately truncated but a lot of his stuff can be found on his live-journal (just google his username and it will come up).

Kahara, pronker and GregMcP like this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Our very own @Thumper09 and @Mistress_Renata have some awesome pilot fic that you may want to check out, too! In particular, these stories immediately came to mind:

Just recently, Thumper's Summer Olympic Thread, Stuck With You, has some 'slice of life' moments with two X-wing pilots during the Rebellion that hit a wonderful variety of tones and situations, and Seven Seconds is an awesome bit of writing featuring another OC rebel pilot that I can't recommend highly enough. Taking Notice definitely hits the astromech part of your request, as well.

Mistress_Renata's Mercy Flight is an amazing squad-fic. Tense with action and drama, and some of the best written X-wing action sequences I've had the pleasure of reading on the boards; it's just as good as reading Stackpole's profic X-Wing series. Dreg Squadron, where the heroine of Mercy Flight was introduced, is another fantastic read. You can't go wrong with any of these! [face_love]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Are there any good rex fan fics out there?

pronker likes this.
  8. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Are there any good fics where the Vong invades the Galaxy during the Clone Wars?

pronker likes this.
  9. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Looking for PT/OT or even PT/Post RotJ EU time travel fics. Bonus points for ones with happy endings.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I highly recommend Enter the Foreign by @ViariSkywalker. Fic is still in progress, with several spin-off vignettes set in the same universe based on some of the characters from the original story.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    pronker likes this.
  12. AnAluminumFalcon

AnAluminumFalcon Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2021
    pronker likes this.
  13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Unfortunately, that one is NOT on her FFN page... https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1113886/AnakinsFavorite

The fics for Lane Winree can be found here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1632781/LaneWinree51

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    GregMcP, Gamiel and pronker like this.
  14. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    [double post]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  15. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I'm looking for a particular story. An OT AU. Han Solo was a Padawan at the temple right before The Purge. Was rumored to be Anakin's next apprentice, had a double bladed lightsaber. Cut himself off from the force, eventually found out by Luke and Leia. I believes he goes to Dagobah and I could swear all 3 of them end up going to confront Vader and the Emperor. I am pretty sure Leia is turned.

Kahara likes this.
  16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Folks? I'm forgetting who wrote it right now, which might be why I cant find it: poem called Eyes Blue, Spirit True.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's posted HERE on the boards, by SilSolo. I can't tell if it's truncated or not. I tried to find it on the wayback machine with an old link I found, but it wasn't there. :(

pronker likes this.
  18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ^:)^[:D][:D] thank you, Mav!!!!!!

And I looked... no, I'm pretty sure it isn't truncated. (SilSolo! It just wasnt coming to me. Seriously. Thank you!!)

pronker likes this.
  19. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    Are any of you aware of a fanfiction set in the Legends universe, in which Anakin’s Force ghost appears to the Skywalker family and explains why he fell to the Dark Side? It would be interesting to read it. It would be preferable if this fanfiction was set before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but at the same time after the Young Jedi Knights series. It would be preferable, in fact, but not necessary.

Kahara and pronker like this.
  20. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @The Emotional Jedi , I've definitely seen Legends stories along those lines but can't think of many in that exact spot in the timeline offhand. This one is an old favorite of mine from way back, if you don't mind truncated stories (most of the chapters are very short so it's more intact than some): https://boards.theforce.net/threads...amesake-in-which-both-anakins-appear.1567223/

It's an older story, quite possibly posted pre-AOTC if I remember right. It does happen post-Vong War but seems like it must have been written while the series was being published..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    DaenaBenjen42 and pronker like this.
  21. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    in this one she is 10:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2369737/1/Heart-of-Darkness

pronker likes this.
  22. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    pronker likes this.
  23. Angelina_G

Angelina_G Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2022
    The fic is Balance The Force by Lilith Sedai
    I got recommended to this series by an LJ post.

It's Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan Prequel AU.

Apparently the series contains five works, while "Galactic Gladiators" is available on MA archive through wayback machine, the second work "Rogue Jedi" is not.

I checked for the author's account on AO3 and turns out she deleted her account, and seems like the work is written lately so her archived personal website on wayback machine also does not contain the series.

Would anyone happened to have saved the series or that you know of her posting the work somewhere else that's still available?

Thank you so much!

*I'm not sure if these requests are appropriate in the discussion section here, pls notify me if it's not and i'll delete it

Mod's note - Hello! I moved your request to the right thread, but I removed the link, as we don't allow linking to offsite content that don't abide by our same TOS - the rating on this one was just a bit too mature. I still left your request open, just in case someone is able to help you, and they can PM you with the link if they have it. ~ MJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2022
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking for a fic where Luke met Force Ghost Anakin Skywalker on Zonama Sekot at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, some Force hi-jinks ensue, Luke gets visions of DNT/LOTF/FOTJ, and works to change the future. TIA.

Kahara likes this.
  25. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    It’s not exactly a FanFiction, but I’d be interested to know if somewhere there’s a rewritten version of the Prequel Trilogy, in which the Jedi are free to have romantic relationships and attachments, in which Anakin and Padmé's love is not forbidden and hidden, and in which Anakin falls to the Dark Side for another reason (no matter what reason, the important thing is that it has nothing to do with attachment....). And for God's sake, a Trilogy that keeps the politics, and that doesn't replace Naboo with Aldeeaan (like 90% of Prequel rewrites do).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Kahara likes this.