main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Moff Gideon (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think an older Merrin will resurrect Maul - or a even clone via the Sith Eternal or Death Watch - or a descendant since we know Nightbrothers and Nightsisters survived & Dathomir is an extremely powerful Dark Side of the Force world where anything is possible with the World Between Worlds(am sure there is more than one entrance).

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    With Exegol and the Sith Eternal in play, this comic might as well be canon. Not happening in the Mandalorian though. Maul would roflstomp Gideon, Din and turn Baby Yoda to the dark side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Vialco and CampOfSorgan like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    this is just so good... I can't wait to see where they take his character. The villainous motif is perfect.

whostheBossk and CampOfSorgan like this.
  4. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Merrin resurrects Maul, Ashoka brings back Kenobi from the WOW, and they face off again post ROTJ. Baby, we got a stew going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    How that work, i mean Obi wan burned his body inluess they put his spirit into another body.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

TheYodaPagoda and Bossk_Baby like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Seeing as this is post Empire, I wouldn't be surprised if he took over a remnant and gave himself the title of Moff

Snafu55 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We don’t know either way I think anyway

10. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    How cool would it be if he was an Inquisitor? His costume looks like he could've been in that group but I guess he doesn't have Sith eyes. I was playing Jedi Fallen Order again and Second Sister tells Cal pretty much the same thing Gideon says when he has the group cornered.

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  11. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    I think his appearance poses a lot of interesting questions, he was so successful in conquering the Mandalorian's, why would someone who achieved so much be left behind after Operation Cinder? A man of his skills would surely be seen by Palpatine as a useful piece to play with in his Contingency Plan.
    I suspect he's a boots on the ground middle man for the the contingency/Imperial Remnant/Sith Eternal - tracking down the child to "harvest" the "material" for "dark science" "cloning" experiments focused on producing a body suitable for the return of Palpatine...

TadoFett and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Would be even cooler if he’s just a Moff who was once an ISB Officer.

TadoFett and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  13. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    And NOT force sensitive. Just a rogue officer who assumed command of an Imperial remnant.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He's a Vader and Takrin fanboy.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not everyone needs to be force sensitive to have power and I mean power in the sake of power (leadership)

16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    It’s tempting to see Gideon’s story as linking to the Sith Eternal, but for some reason that doesn’t seem like the most natural fit to me, despite the time period. Maybe it’s because the show has so far felt fairly independent from any other storytelling. I would imagine its whole storyline, including the villains ultimate goals and the heroes’ eventual main journey, would work without referencing the Sith cult.

Considering the setting, it’s perfectly possible that Gideon has no superiors and is in charge of his own Imperial remnant in this part of the galaxy, with everything else happening somewhere else. I also don’t think he himself will likely be Force-sensitive, at least not in any way that would result in his being a copy of Vader. His strength is in information, so if he ever has any kind of Force sensitivity, it would make most sense for it to be something more subtle related to that.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would prefer him NOT to be in any way affiliated with the FO. Just a high ranking Imperial who carved out a fiefdom to rule.

TadoFett likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Way I see it, the name Gideon means basically a destroyer , the one who has a stump in place of a hand . Probably he's a corruption of the Bible's version of the figure of the judge, Gideon. I would think this guy fancies himself a judge, possibly he is an Inquisitor or something close to that, I think he feels he's a holy man in divine service to the Sith Emperor - who would be very much alive and active whether he knows it or not. But I think that savior complex and Imperial loyalist aspect of his character makes him a cultist and zealot.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    TadoFett, Alien Vanguard and Kole like this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Pity Moff Gideon doesn't have the Knights of Ren as his henchmen...maybe then they could have been used to their potential in this tv series [face_whistling]

I do wonder how many troopers and ships he has at his disposal...?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I would theorize he at least has a few light cruisers, maybe a few Raider-IIs for rapid deployment and Gozantis to carry his TIEs, but not much in the way of a fleet. A significant enough force to call himself a Moff rather than merely a Captain or Commander.
    According to Battlefront 2's campaign the Empire lost most of their Arqitens so I doubt he would have one of those, and a Star Destroyer would probably attract too much attention from the New Republic.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I gathered that Moff was simply a former title, and did not indicate that he’s got a force large enough to justify it. But we’ll see.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    In a recent interview, Esposito said the TIE fighter was essentially another relic in Gideon’s possession, like the Darksaber. Whether that means he doesn’t have other TIEs or just that even one TIE is now an unfamiliar sight, I’m guessing we’ll find out. If he had access to a squad of Death Troopers, I’m guessing he probably has much more under his sleeve than what we’ve seen. I think it would make sense that we’d see primarily smaller cruisers under his command, perhaps culminating with a Star Destroyer as his flagship, but in this time period it would have to remain hidden away.

One consistent description of Gideon is that he is has access to a lot information. He seems to lead more of an underground operation than what we’re familiar with in the EU in terms of Imperial remnants. The forces we saw in S1, barring the ending, were mostly hidden away, after all, and this would parallel the way the Mandalorians exist in this time period as well. So I can see his forces becoming increasingly more visible as the series goes on.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's the fun thing about Moff Gideon, yes he is "Technically" the Nu Canon equivalent of a Imperial Warlord but unlike the Bantam Era which essentially was a "Warlord of the week to eventually be defeated and nothing changes" Moff Gideon will probably have a far more compelling arc to him as well as his impact on the story and motivations.

Sauron_18 likes this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe he is a Warlord. We already have another example in canon with Moff Adelhard. Maybe Gideon is public enemy No. 1 to the New Republic. The era isn't all that fleshed out yet. All we have right now are Prequel character backstories and politics, not post-war conflicts.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Independent NOW...But if certain rumors are true...It might not be...Unless said rumors are merely one and done episodes that are more backdoor pilots for grander things.

Granted Gideon's story is perhaps connected to the wider story of Mandalore which has playing out throughs Star Wars since TCW.