main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ScorpionJedi, May 5, 2016.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I know I’m a little late but I’m sorry I can’t let this stand...
    [​IMG]
    :p

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You know I'm right. :p

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We know you think you're right. It's OK. :p

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Everyone makes mistakes, oh yes they do. Your sister and your brother and TCF-1138 too.

EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm gonna ban you! :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He's right.

wobbits likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yes, he is.

Well, that was an eventful year.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Alden Ehrenreich gave a terrible performance in Solo. When it comes to Star Wars, that's usually due to the script, not the actor. This time around, both were to blame. The guy's likeable enough, he just can't act.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’s just as good an actor as Harrison Ford, IMO. Gave a great performance in Solo. Not an imitation. A believable take on a young Han.

StoneRiver, wobbits, TX-20 and 4 others like this.
  13. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    While it's true that if Harrison Ford and a six ft block of wood played a scene together, it would be difficult to decide which was the better actor, I couldn't disagree with you more about Alden Erenreich. I never once believed that he was playing a younger version of Han Solo.

14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It's always funny when a keyboard-warrior feels the need to act as if he had more knowledge about acting than those who do that job professionally. Clearly all the people in the movie-industry that worked with Harrison Ford and who were along for rise to super-stardom and being one of the most famous actors ever should have known that he wasn't actually good at acting [face_clown]

It's one thing to dislike a performance, but to denigrate one of the most famous actors in the world over his acting ability in such an over-the-top manner says more about the person who makes such a comment than it does about the actor. It's not that hard to apply logic and reason instead of straight up black and white thinking.

Same with Ehrenreich. No, the performance wasn't terrible at all. Though at least that is a somewhat subjective matter. But to state that he "just can't act" is simply asinine. Someone who can't act doesn't land the roles he got, nor does he get recognition at awards.

Sarge likes this.
  15. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Lighten up pal, it was a joke. I like Harrison Ford. In fact, he's one of my favorite actors, and I'm reasonably certain I could distinguish his performance from that of a block of wood. Well, I suppose if the block of wood was particularly talented, I might have some trouble, but barring that...

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Remember when everyone was up in arms that they cast Alden Ehrenreich as Han, and not some kid who did a passable voice imitation in a few YouTube videos? Man, that was a fun time.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Some nice early concept art Han Solo look.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    *shudders*

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I called them the Ingoobers.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I know a lot of people don't like the Solo naming scene, but that's not really my focus during that scene, I'm focused on Han actually joining the Imperial military.

I know the old EU had him joining, though I don't remember the details. I do like that he doesn't earnestly join in Solo, however. He only joins to escape, which makes it believable for the character, and fits perfectly with Han's impoverished background. A lot of people only join the military to escape their situation.

It's a bit dubious how quickly he's able to join in such an advanced society, without so much as a medical exam, but then we see what he's being sent into, and that explains it. They're recruiting cannon fodder, they'll take anyone. Taking people without much vetting was not uncommon historically, though that was during a time with little record keeping, but then we know Han didn't even have an ID chip. Sometimes the military was explicitly a way to escape one's crimes.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    nm

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I know this is probably going to be a controversial take but this is the best live action SW film that LFL has produced since the Disney acquisition, imo. Alden Ehrenreich is really good in this and has charisma that is lacking from Felicity Jones in Rogue One for instance. The characters have simple but believable motivations and the (imo excellent) cinematography, while controversial at the time, makes some scenes feel like moving oil paintings. I also think it has by far the best creature and set designs. It didn’t deserve its fate.

Happy Sando likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I love the movie, but no, it's not in the same league as Rogue One.

TCF-1138 , EHT and Sarge like this.
  24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Not in the same league because Solo is in the higher one.

Happy Sando likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's one for the unpopular opinions thread.

EHT, Happy Sando, TCF-1138 and 2 others like this.