main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who Should Direct the Next/Future Star Wars Film(s)?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 14, 2019.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. I saw Following in an art house years ago and spent half the film going "What? What did he say?"

That said, I desperately need an edit of Star Destroyers dropping out of hyperspace with the soundtrack replaced with each new Destroyer's arrival being accompanied by "BWAAAAAAARRRRRRMMMM"

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Dave Filoni? *ducks in anticipation of squishy organic projectiles*

2Cleva likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah he's not there yet. Jon Faveru should give it ago.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Its pretty clear he and Favreau have the keys going forward. Considering what we saw in the ST that's a good thing. This article is about The Mandalorian but reflects all of Star Wars:

https://ew.com/tv/mandalorian-season-2-first-look/

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Dave Filoni in a few years sure. but not yet.

6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Considering there won't be SW movies for the next few years, he'll be involved in the next one.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Not Taika's the next one sure. Filoni still needs more practice in live action. His episode of the mandalorian is the most either hate or is meh on. Plus he'll to be too busy to creat his own universe in tv realm. someone is calling it the filoniverse.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  8. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    No matter who directs it - Filoni will be involved. Taika's intro to Star Wars is through Filoni with Mandalorian. Fav made it clear stories going through Filoni of what makes sense in the GFFA and a set of SW rules - all things the ST ignored.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They should hit Spielberg up again to see if he has changed his mind.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe a little be he very busy with being one of the main being behind Mando and helping with animations and other shows. Sure he could help out. But will help as mutch as he did with the ST or more.

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Filoni didn't help with the ST - they were flying by the seat of their pants on that one. Can't put that mess on him.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    there's evidence that contradict you statemeant. Wether you liked them or not he was involved. Hey he recently praised RJ for helping come nito live action. and has great respect for him and his movie.

13. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    LOL - we already know a whole lot of positive things are said about LFL when people are under contract with LFL and it changes when they aren't under contract anymore and instead tell the truth.

But if someone is on the crusade to still defend the ST or RJ or anyone in charge of that train wreck - then God bless them.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Or some loves it like FIloni. like he did the PT and Lucas who was charge of that train wreck. see it's that simple

15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Someone who has been busy harping on how the ST ruined Star Wars for more than two years now, clinging to every obscure rubbish report he can find to badmouth those responsible, really shouldn't be the one who says that others are on a crusade...

You really show all the marks of a conspiracy theorist. Everyone who disagrees with your view is "on a crusade". And anyone famous who dares to say something positive about the movies couldn't possibly mean it. It's truly odd to believe that everyone who just so happens to align with your views must speak the absolut truth (even if they didn't say those things and got their words twisted in the worst possible way), while those who don't align with your views are either lost or forced to be nice about something they "actually" despise.

How someone can be so lost about the concept of people being capable of sincerely holding a different view than you is beyond me. Five seconds of logical thinking would already tell you that your concept of what people "truly" believe couldn't possibly make sense. All you have shown to others are insults. Not an ounce of respect for anyone. Guess what, you don't define what Star Wars is, nor do you get to say what kind of beliefs other people may hold. Nor do rubbish lies from people suddenly turn true just because you want them to.

A rational thought would be to say that there are quite a few who dislike how the ST turned out. A rational thought would be that there are also tons of people who did like it. It would also be rational to assume that some of the people involved weren't happy with how things turned out, while others have far less issues or were happy. Not sure why it is so hard for some people to realize that, and to argue in good faith. Pretending that someone must be on a "crusade" to defend freaking movies is just not sane at all. Neither is pretending that someone who you admire couldn't possibly like something you happen to dislike.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The fact of the matter is the ST isn't hated or disliked as some fans imagine. and yeah he's the one on a crusade.

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    LOL - just calling it how I see it, just like John, Daisy, and everyone else involved.

I'm sure there are many people who love it but the ST was clearly a choose your own adventure production and LFL finds itself at the appropriate place with Star Wars because of it.

I'll leave it at that.

guittarjedi likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is not the forum to discuss those hated films. It's either in their own designated forum or the Unban Request forum.

PymParticles and 2Cleva like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    MODified: This is where I exceed the bandwidth on my mercy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2020
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He won't even do another Indy with them. He's done.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Bummer.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Unpopular opinion, but I think Spielberg is way past his prime. When you’ve been making movies at his level for this long, I think you simply lose touch with what feels authentic. And so his films all start to feel so self-consciously Spielbergian. Almost as if he’s now imitating himself.

Plus, I think his means of emotional manipulation is a little heavy for Star Wars. A little too in your face. Star Wars works best when it isn’t so overt about what the direct wants the audience to feel.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Agreed, plus Star Wars needs some YOUNG blood

People who have more Star Wars experience beyond the years of 1977-82

Also if its true James Mangold might do Indy then I'm excited for the prospects

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    But the young blood keeps on screwing up.

guittarjedi likes this.
  25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, all things considered, Spielberg would be a good guy to give a shot to. I don't hate the ST, but I think it is a drag that they couldn't move further beyond the "good but certainly not great" stature. I had a lot of hope that TFA was a setup for a great trilogy, it just never materialized. I enjoyed them more like I might enjoy other high-end popcorn affairs, but was not captivated like I was with previous SW movies.

I don't see any new school vs old school advantage at this point.

Spielberg probably doesn't want any part of all the SW fan drama when he doesn't have to. He can let his accomplishments stand in greatness as they are, where others that obviously can't be said of since they are still building their careers.

I think the Mando makers are really the most sure bet at this point since they have made a modern day SW production that is great already. R1 guys did a good job also, although I don't know how they would do in creating "new era" SW movies.