main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just looked on Amazon UK - only Hondo they have is a Funko Pop.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Never order from EB Games, guys. I just went in to pick up preorders for the first wave in the new packaging, and the boxes were demolished. The only good ones I got were Ackbar, Snowspeeder Luke, and Kamino Clone Trooper. So now I have to run around my city to different stores to get exchanges and refunds. They also have a couple of the figures missing. It was an absolute joke.

TIE Mechanic likes this.
  3. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    Wow, I've not experienced the like from EB/Zing. Mighty Ape has crushed everything I've ordered to the point that I won't use them again, but not EB/Zing. I'll keep an eye on my next order (The Mandalorian Stormtrooper 6 ").

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  4. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    That must have been very annoying. Some places might stock collectors items, but they just don’t understand/care about collectors. It’s important to collectors to receive their boxes in good condition, but it’s also just good customer service. Regardless of what I’m buying, I expect the packaging to be in good condition because it shows that the store have handled/transported my item with a modicum of care. EB Games should have apologised and offered to arrange for replacements/refunds, instead of making you run around their various stores. I wouldn’t give them my business again.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I just got out the whole Ghost Crew for first time together.[​IMG][​IMG]

IG: @jedisufism

6. TIE Mechanic

Sep 1, 2019
    EB games pre-order of the Mandalorian Stormtrooper 6" figure arriving today. I hope it isn't trashed. [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  7. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Gaming Greats Darth Nihilus has just been announced and it looks awesome. The GG line is really stepping it up with this figure. Got my pre-order in.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    LOVE IT!!!!

9. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Happy to see Nihilus, even if some details (long skirt for example) are not there.

[​IMG]

10. TIE Mechanic

Sep 1, 2019
    The Black Series figures are really quite superb lately. My Stormtrooper figure (see above) showed up in perfect condition and this is the best rendering in a Hasbro/Kenner figure I've ever owned.

11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I love NIhilus.........even I can't understand what he says.

12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I pre-ordered it. I think Nihilus is a pretty intriguing spectre of a Sith Lord. I imagine one of the statues on Exegol was him/it.

13. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Nihilus is important because it’s the first Gaming Greats figure that isn’t a reworking of an existing figure. I’m hoping that we’re going to see more figures from KOTOR. HK-47, Bastila Shan and Darth Malak would sell very well.

Now that we’re experiencing a break in new movies, I’m hoping that Hasbro will start to explore some more options for figures. The old EU is full of fan-favourite characters that would make great figures. I think that, if Nihilus sells well, Hasbro might start looking at characters from the old EU books and comics as well.

RafSwi7 and Dawud786 like this.
  14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Isn't there part of Maul used for Nihilus?

15. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I’m not sure, but I think you’re right. The torsos look very similar.

Dawud786 likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Nihilus looks great. Satele Shan and Darth Malgus would be amazing Old Republic GG figures. I just don't know if they're popular enough to be made, but we'll see. How about some more TFU characters? Starkiller, Rahm Kota, Shaak Ti (Felucia)? There's so many great options.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  17. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Malgus would be very cool and there should definitely be a Starkiller and Shaak Ti at some point. With the Old Republic figures, I agree that there is a question hanging over their potential popularities. That’s why I think Darth Nihilus is a good test piece for Hasbro.

Nihilus looks very cool, but he’s a pretty minor character. He featured in a 16 year old video game and is referenced in a few Legends novels and comic books. If Nihilus sells well, it should prove that there is a market for these lesser-known characters. This could open the door for more esoteric figures like Darth Malgus and Satele Shan.

18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Good points I would defenitly buy malgus and satale shan

19. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah, there are some new elements but the body is clearly based on Maul. This concept (by Drewton on reddit) shows how Nihilus figure should look like (if it had more soft goods):
    [​IMG]
    I do hope for Malak and Bastila. They might not happen but one can hope considering that we already have three KoTOR related figures.

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Just got the snowspeeder.[​IMG]

TIE Mechanic and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  21. TIE Mechanic

Sep 1, 2019
    That looks awesome. I...must...resist...

Dawud786 likes this.
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I waited it out and got it for almost nothing. The price dropped and I had enough Amazon rewards points to get it for under $5.

Crazy, huh?

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That's an awesome deal

Dawud786 likes this.
  24. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    I don’t know if every Target is doing this, but the one near me was clearancing out old Black Series figures for $9.99. They only had Yavin Luke and Rey from The Rise of Skywalker. I have both, but grabbed another Rey figure so that I can pair it with a Ben Solo (if Hasbro ever makes one) or give that one a custom yellow lightsaber at some point.

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Got Count Dooku and Zorri Bliss Black Series at Meijer, i wasn't even looking. Like Star Wars collecting sucks right now, nothing on the shelves what so ever. So that was a nice find.

Dawud786 and Dannik Jerriko like this.