main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The choose rule tested at the All-Star race is now a permanent rule for all national series starting this weekend at Michigan. All tracks except Daytona, Talladega, and road courses will use the rule, which is essentially unchanged from the All-Star Race version, except for a few "subtleties" to handle free passes, wave-arounds, and full fields. Daytona and Talladega are excluded to minimize teamwork strategies, and road courses because "one to go" (when the choices are made) doesn't always happen at the start/finish line.

In other news, beginning next weekend at the Daytona Road Course, starting lineups will no longer be set by random draws, but instead by a mathematical formula that considers finishing position in the previous race (50%), owner points (35%), and fastest lap in previous race (15%). With the introduction of this formula comes the return of the Busch Pole Award.

Finally, the remainder of the 2020 schedule, including the playoffs, has been announced. Cup playoffs are unchanged from the original schedule, but Xfinity and trucks have been realigned to bring them closer to the Cup schedule, which eliminates Michigan and Mid-Ohio from the Xfinity schedule and Canadian Tire and Eldora from the trucks schedule.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this track is so weird - no catastrophes like yesterday (yet), but only feels like 2-3 cars have a chance to win.

i think it'll end up being the 9, but i hope jimmie sneaks in.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    bobby labonte has signed on to drive in tony stewart's new SRX racing series. hell yeah.

so far the roster includes stewart, labonte, tony kanaan, and paul tracy. would not be surprised to see jimmie johnson and matt kenseth join at the end of this nascar season. hoping they get some more open wheel guys in, maybe even f1 - jensen button would be a good add - he's got commercial relationships with stewart, and has shown interest in stock car racing before. juan pablo montoya, dario franchitti, list is endless. could shape up to be very cool.

also, we were due for a new title.

4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Awesome news. SRX seems to be shaping up as something really cool. I’m definitely excited.

Cmon Jeff, you know you want to. (Gordon obviously but I’d settle for Burton)

Dagobahsystem and heels1785 like this.
  5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay! I love the new title!

[​IMG]

6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    SRX sounds intriguing.
    I've been out of the loop as I hadn't heard of it. Sounds like a good roster of drivers are signing up.

mnjedi, heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

johnson's darlington tribute car is for both richard petty and dale sr. one of the best ideas to come from this trend.

8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    That is a good looking car.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Really want the die cast for that one.

10. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Nice thread title heels.

I've got about 5 NASCAR cars still in box. They are the small ones, like matchbox cars.

One is a car for the Atlanta Motor Speedway with the date on it where I saw my only in person race. I believe Matt Kenseth won in a shootout with Jeff Gordon. That was one of the best sporting events of my life. I hope to go to another race someday.

The other 4 cars are for Dale Jr. and Kyle Busch. With different paint schemes for each driver's pair of cars. The ones I bought at the track you can open the rectangular box and take them out and then put them back in, the others are what you'd find at a big box store in the toy aisles.

heels1785 , jcgoble3 and Juliet316 like this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the decision to make the final regular season race at Daytona was insane. but its made for an incredible "playoff bubble" race between 21, 24, and 48 - and so many others looking to win and get in. unfortunately looks like jimmie may not get into the playoffs. for a driver so immensely talented (and enjoying a great season), hamlin sure does create a lot of wrecks.

congrats to byron on his first career win. great driver, the absolute worst sponsor.

Juliet316 and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    if harvick doesn't end up winning the championship this year with the season he's had, it's likely i'll be raging against the playoff system.

what an incredible season its been. 8 wins, 18 top 5s, 22 top 10s, 0 DNFs. few more to go.

Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Harvick needs two more wins to get 10 in a year. Most wins since 2007

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    jimmie johnson has signed into a partnership with chip ganassi racing's indycar operations. unsure if it will be as a part-time driver (he's done some well-publicized testing) or as a team owner/partner. competitively, indy's basically a three-team operation atm, with penske (pagenaud/newgarden/power), andretti (rossi/hunter-reay/hinchcliffe), and ganassi (dixon/rosenqvist) - JJ would be hugely influential in continuing to grow the sport, whose popularity has lagged behind F1 and NASCAR for decades.

Juliet316, Dagobahsystem and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    bubba wallace not returning to petty motorsports.

i'd say hendrick, in either an existing (48) or renewal of an old (5) seat, is just about a lock. outside chance he goes to ganassi to drive the 42.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

he's a racist pos, and has always been the afterthought wallace brother when it comes to racing. hopefully he's never heard from again.

Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh I saw he got suspended but not the why - **** you Mike Wallace.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yikes.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    42 cgr seat will go to ross chastain in 2021. has a long relationship with that team, and was assumed that he'd take over the cup ride when larson was fired.

has a rippling effect, with only one more high-profile seat (48) projected open for next year, and a lot of names moving around and/or up. penske has to move cindric up, to either their stable or wood brothers'. SHR can hold briscoe for one more year (max) before giving him the 14/10, and hendrick is in the same predicament with gragson/jr motorsports.

the window in which most of these new drivers have to perform or lose their ride is realistically 2 years, at this point. 1 for some.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    holy crap. michael jordan and denny hamlin, longtime business partners, are creating a one-car stable for 2021. bubba wallace will be the driver.

this has been a rumor for months, but dismissed as an absurdity. incredible to see, michael jordan in nascar as a team owner!

Juliet316, Dagobahsystem and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully his management is better of it than it is of the Hornets. :p

*I kid with love; seriously this is very good news*

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    it looks like the charter purchased by hamlin/jordan was the germain racing #13 (ty dillon/geico). i think ty is an easy pick to go to the 43/petty motorsports, who have an existing partnership with richard childress racing - ty and austin dillon are childress' grandsons.

it is possible that tyler reddick leaves the 8 team for hendrick. he was vocal in his support for bubba and against donald trump, and mr. childress is one of the most outspoken supporters of mr. trump in the sport. i believe rcr forced tyler to remove some social media posts supporting bubba, which i imagine has not cultivated much trust. there's also likely a rub between reddick, one of the best young drivers in the sport, and rcr, who runs **** equipment and is barely competitive these days.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Signed up for the free version of the Peacock network this morning (if your wondering, all you need is your email and to come up with a password), and they've got Dale Jr's Lost Highways docuseries (which he travels to abandoned raceways) on the free tier if anybody's interested in watching (looks good so far)

25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    @Juliet316
    Thanks for the heads up; I'm tuning into Lost Speedways right now.
    It does look good.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.