main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Mace Windu Disney+ show (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Daxon101, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://thedirect.com/article/star-...du-prequel-rumored-to-be-in-early-development

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I’m not sure I buY this one, but thank goodness they are finally doing (or thinking) something in the PT era!!!

Sitara likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That would be cool as hell! Please do it, LFL!

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing rumours for these mother****ing Disney + shows!

Everybody renew your subscriptions, I'm about to binge some Mandalorian episodes.

BigAl6ft6 and Princess_Tina like this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It could be pretty cool, I agree. But I do think this is just one of many of those ideas they were said to be throwing around about TV series'. Doubt it actually happens.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A show about young Mace could have a ridiculous amount of potential. I hope they do it. I want more Coruscant, more Jedi Temple, more Jedi. And Mace Windu could be an excellent character to explore that pre-PT era through.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm Excited if this turn out to be true. This means more Jedi Dooku!

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    There's also nothing stopping them from retconning his death in RotS. If they found a good story to tell about him surviving Order 66, I don't see why not. Plus, the actor seemed interested when asked about it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    There is no need to retcon it.

It's similar to retconning grand moff tarkin's death in episode 4. Doing these stuff will just make the death completely meaningless in the star wars universe.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Oh, no, no, no, no, no. IMO, having him live would kill a powerful scene. Sorry Samuel, you're dead.

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You know what, I'm not the biggest fan of Mace Windu as a character (I think he's kind of a jerk), but I'd definitely be down for this. I'd vastly prefer the Young Mace story this article is positing rather than a "Windu Lives!" narrative, which would feel eye-rollingly cheap. Getting to see a younger Mace Windu, and seeing what in his training or early years as a Knight led him to become a prime example of everything that had become wrong with the Jedi, in respect to an over-adherence to rules without introspection, a willingness to forsake the ideals of the Jedi to serve the Republic's interests, and a blinding arrogance, would not only be illuminating for the character himself, but for the Jedi as a whole.

12. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    Yeah, I also think that's not a good decision. It would become similar to the way they brought back Darth Maul which imo wasn't a good idea.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah don't give credence to Star Wars' Theory's bad exuse of fan made MAce Windu lives. Let's go Young Mace, the Mace comic gave some insight into him as a young Padawan and we know now in canon he's had the purple lightsaber since he was a youngling. With this we can see the growing friendship with Mace and senior jedi Dooku. And young Qui Gon and Mace. Maybe we can see Dooku's other apprentice. See A young Mace beocming a jedi knight at the end of the first season.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Many would say it paid off with darth maul.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maul proved you can do it right with a good story. Mace other then being another order 66 survivor surfs no purpose. We already have other jedi helping out the early rebellion in Kanan, Ezra, and Cal Kestis.

16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    There are many jedi hiding after ROTS. What happened to them is up in the air. Kanan isn't the only one.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, many would say it paid off with Maul, but many would also say it didn't pay off with Palpatine. The more characters you pull those "psyche, they ain't dead!" moments with, the more it cheapens the impact and finality of death as a story device in Star Wars as a whole. I'm also not crazy of too many Jedi surviving throughout the Dark Times. They had to find creative ways to write Ezra, Kanna, and Ahsoka out of the story so they wouldn't impact Luke's journey in the OT, and if Mace services RotS, then you're either going to have to find some excuse as to why he isn't involved in the Rebellion in some capacity, or just kill him for real.

Deliveranze and antitoxicgamer like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok lets say this is old Mace runnig from inqusitors And LOrd Vader while having heavy with flashbacks to his younger days as jedi padawan in the republic. similar to how Kenobi will have flashbacks to the clone wars. But this show will be mostly in the past and only little in pst order 66 era. And unlike Kenobi this ould run for 3 seaosns of him survivng posr order 66 and we having explored his past. Maybe Mace Windu is the first jedi rebel leading a small rebellion with extremist Saw Guerra. We know by the time of fallen ordr most of the jedi are gone and few still around and by rebels the jedi are beginnig to be a myth. Sure we can Have Mace live past one year before Lord Vader comes and kills him. could be intresting.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The era between TPM and AotC has been barely explored in the new expanded universe. 10 years and nearly no one want to do anything with it. I understand why most of the story are between RotS and ANH, GL was working on a live-action series and he left plenty of notes of what life was like under the Empire, but what I don't understand is why not have that same energy for the pre-AotC era? However, if they want to something with Mace Windu, I would prefer the pre-TPM era. As for Mace's survival, when you have something like the Force, plus what GL/Filoni and Co. introduced in the animated series and what they did in the ST, it's clear that on-screen death no longer means anything. If a storyteller has an idea about a particular character, they would do it, no matter if it makes narrative sense or not. The books will do all the explaining like usual.

Deliveranze likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

We will get young and old Mace Windu just the same as with the rumored Lando tv series. This could be exciting for upcoming black actors. Who do you think should play an arrogant young Mace Windu.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Same reason Yoda wasn't involved in the Rebellion i suppose. you can't really assume everyones life will go that particular route after order 66.

There is also that character from Fallen order.

22. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Yes, please!

I've wanted to see more onscreen Mace for a while now. If they are going the young Mace route that's kind of surprising. What he's doing post-RotS, assuming he survived his "death", strikes me as having a lot of story potential. He was the most dogmatic and institutional of them all and it would be fascinating to see how how responds to the loss of the Temple and the Order. But I would definitely take a prequel, especially if it means more PT content. And, if Samuel L. Jackson is involved, we may be able to have our cake and eat it too!

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The show will center around a young Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn and Count Dooku protecting an adorable Baby Obi-Wan from nefarious forces.

Watch Three Jedi and a Baby Obi-Wan exclusively on Disney+! :p

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Or how about Teenage Mace with older brother Qui Gon and father figure senior mister Dooku. Oh and thor in a cute alien child they all three must protect. let's go back 20 or so years before TMP, before or after Kenobi is born.

25. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    For me it didn't. Because Palpatine was never a type of master to leave his only apprentice to die.(The apprentice that he trained for some years)

He did come to save Vader. So if Maul actually survived then Palp would be the one to put him in the bacta tank.