main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It specifically says she's "not a frontline combatant", which allows for the odd union dispute.

Vialco and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That is an excellent point. I'm used to thinking of Jedi Masters being Generals and warriors.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I feel Maz Kanata is more interesting as an alien force adept of one of the many traditions that Star Wars weirdly tries to ignore exist.

She's more Voss than Jedi.

4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Unconventional headcanon:

The Unknown Regions barrier is the result of a collision between two galaxies that became one and formed the GFFA. With remaining separated matter forming the satelite galaxies. Over time as they normalized into a new spiral galaxy the barrier grew less and less dense and permeable slowly.

The UR horrors are the leftovers of the original inhabitants of said other galaxy and ancient myths about the barriers creation recant a battle between the gods of our and the other galaxy as two pantheons battled, killed and ultimately merged into a new set of ancient pantheon for the merged galaxy with survivors/remainders of both old pantheons but also some pivotal figures lost to the conflict.

The galactic Yin and Yang dichotomy inuniverse stems from the ancient view of all things other galaxy being unknown, feared, bad. But this "we are good and best" misconception ignored the dark spot within the own galaxy, as well as the light bright spot within the other new galactic half. Hence were the Jedi born of the other galaxies light amongst the darkness, as the Sith were born of this galaxies suppressed darkness in an ocean of light.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like it. A lot to think on.

6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    The conclave on Exis Station was the first step in a process of the Jedi (led by Nomi ********) establishing a Jedi Council(s) and a stricter code of conduct for the Jedi. Vima ******** romanticized an earlier, more open Jedi era and became something of a knight errant. She trained many apprentices and her errant knights were largely ignored during the first Jedi purge. Many of these knights would go on to form the backbone of the reconstituted Jedi Order (which would ironically come to resemble the post-Exis Jedi Order structure in a relatively short time).

Nom von Anor likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    This got me thinking about Mandorla
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandorla
    and now I miss Vima and Nomi a lot! Damn name issues preventing more stuff about them. They were such great characters. I'd have loved to see how the cancelled book would have woven them into the KOTOR lore and added to the upcoming Mandalorian Wars as well as Revan and else.

Given a Sunrider focus and the books name clearly being Mando focussed by title, I still believe it would have brought back some older ideas KOTOR couldn't use due to name issues about the Sunriders, or else Bastila would have been Vima. Bet the book would still connect them so that Bastila Shan somehow.

I mean, the Mandorla intel we have is this:
    And Bastilas parentage is this:

Well, Vima is not Helena... but Mandorla features a scavenger hunting artifacts and Bastilas dad was a treasure hunter... coincidence?

Nope, intentional I'd say! Maybe Vima is the mother of Bastila after all, and Helena only was a foster mom, which adds to why she gave Bastila up to the Jedi order so freely. However Nomi and Vima might have died and vanished from the storytelling tapestry, this book would have given us their linage!

And if Bastila is her kid and a Sunrider, then that means Revan's kid and lineage with her through TOR leads straight to Vima da Boda! What a legacy for Old Vima to not only be descended from the Sunriders but the legendary Revan. From Jedi and Sith both. That'd add to her baggade and Vergere-esque ways I bet.

Golbolco likes this.
  8. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Sorry, Maz Kanata is actually the frontwoman for the Galaxy’s coolest rock and roll band; she was exiled to Takodana when Palpatine dubbed her too rad for the Empire.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    She can be both of those things.

JediBatman likes this.
  10. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    You can be both a Jedi and part of a rock band. Exhibit A:

[​IMG]

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Jedi Covenant actually is a major reason why Jedi celibacy was invoked as it was a dynastic clique of "Elite" Jedi from ancient families.

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Aramardia was a Bellator-class.

Vialco likes this.
  14. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Many planets are infested with Porgs post-TLJ.

15. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Hondo sells them as deluxe food. Chewie agrees but only so long it happens without him having to see it.

Gesendet von meinem FP2 mit Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I kinda like to think the 1-6 film novelizations are the Legends versions of what happened. This way Legends feels like one complete story separate from the canon and the actual movies. The prequel novelization have too much legends material referenced in them to be completely canon even though elements of them are. I wish I could take the 2008 clone wars show out of Legends completely but people tell me it’s referenced in Fate of the Jedi.

17. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Wasn't Aramadia basically just a thrust-ship, and the name was wrongly applied to another Black Fleet SSD? Seems the simplest way, to me.
    For other such ships, Pride of Tarlandia was maybe a Praetor I, possibly a Bellator; Firestorm was a Tector; Ilthmar's Fist became Harrsk's Shockwave; Aurora was an Assertor-class, and Megador's a Mandator 2 or 3 (my headcanons...) Oh, and Luminous is the Bellator on page 200 of Guide to Warfare, briefly in NR service... neat.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    This isn't just your headcanon, it is actually the case. They are only canon "when they align with what is shown on screen."

StartCenterEnd and PCCViking like this.
  19. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Yeah but technically aren’t the final six films part of legends?

20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Legends headcanon: With the hotly debated parentage of Mara Jade never settling down, for all we know she could be of dathomiri, hapan, naboo, mandalorian, good, evil, jedi or sith or even Tagge descent with likely candidates in all camps, and hence potential relatives like sisters, clones, lookalikes and imposters too around.

What are the most favored by fans and their story implications?

Mara Jade Palpatine? (with who? Ta'a chume? Talzin? else?)
    Mara Jade Kenobi? (with Cerasi, Siri Tachi, Satine Kryze or Bo-Katan Kryze as potential mothers?)
    Mara Jade, a Nightsister child?
    Mara Jade as part of evil experiments by Jenna Zan Arbor as her mother?
    Mara Jade related to Domina Tagge?
    Mara Jade as Shira Brie's sister?
    Mara Jade as a rogue Hapan?
    Mara Jade as the daughter of the redheaded Naboo handmaiden?
    Mara Jade related to the Sunrider / Shan / Revan / da Boda family lineage?
    Mara as a clone of any aforementioned redheads? Maybe even like in KOTOR comics a female clone of a male character?
    Mara Jade Pallopides?
    Mara Jade random noname?
    Mara Jade as Baby Ludi?
    Mara Jade related to Talisibeth Enwandung "Scout" Esterhazy or maybe to Etain Tur-Mukan?
    Given the Kemp clones of her... Mara Jade as a clone of someone important or far older whose genome had been kept in a databank? Vima or Nomi Sunrider or else?

Did I miss any?

Also my Mando headcanon:

Unpopular headcanon theory... The Child is carrying the spirit of Palpatine post Endor. That is why the Empire needs it to extract it into a clone body via the kaminoan cloners. It is a failed experiment of the Sith/Plagueis attempting to clone Yoda before the Prequels that got reactivated via the contingency to carry Palpatines spirit for it was the only body strong enough to carry his presence and not wither like all the previous clones did. The Child though does not know what it is carrying and acts innocent as ever.

When Sith Eternal snatch it out of the Mandos hands by impersonating Jedi, Sabine and Ahsoka arrive too late and continue to chase the Sith Eternal all while looking for Ezra into the Unknown Regions.

Change my mind!

21. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Mara Jade was born in 17 BBY. Most of those theories for mothers goes out the window.

22. Urple

Urple Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2019
    I'm sure I'm in the 82nd person that has said this, but....

I think of The Clone Wars TV series as the canon version of those events but I don't include it in Legends. The EU has more than enough Clone Wars stories, and everything from the Boba Fett YR novels to Labyrinth of Evil is a pretty good arc that doesn't need the show to confuse things.

Besides, Ahsoka is a canon character - she doesn't feel right in the EU without a chance for her story to continue past the Clone Wars.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Another crazy headcanon:

Ahsoka died in the canon universe during the Second Battle of Malachor at Vader's hands.

The Ahsoka from the Legends universe wandered into the canon universe via the World Between Worlds.

Voltron64, PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Are porgs to be the Star Wars answer to tribbles?

25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    "Do they still sing stories of the Great Porg Hunt?" :p