main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Exactly my point on choosing Mara. How many outfits would Luke have that aren't his usual black tunic? Mara would have several different gowns and dresses to choose from.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    AllTheSingleMaras likes this.
  2. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    In the spirit of Christmas, which blurred by, who is a better gift giver? Luke or Mara? Make your case.

Tython Awakening and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I don't want to decide. You get a different gift from each of 'em.

@AllTheSingleMaras
    Can we do a one-off with you again in Guardians of Light over your library card? :cool:

4. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Lazy answer! Luke is a thoughtful giver, but Mara is up on trends. IMO.

And sure!

Tython Awakening likes this.
  5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I think Luke tries really hard, but often misses the mark, or doesn't get the reaction he expects.

Mara is reluctant and rarely gives gifts unless she has to, but if she does voluntarily give a gift, it is going to be amazing.

6. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Yas!!! *snaps fingers* I think the same. Jaina and Jacen probably would ask “presents! Yay!... wait...did aunt Mara buy these? Then it’s probably more pictureless Jedi texts. Thanksss uncle Luke...”

Anedon and Tarsier like this.
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I gotta be honest. I can kinda see Mara giving gift cards.

"Aunt Mara... one hundred credits for Blasters Are Us?"

"Hey, you try and figure this out, farmboy!"

:p

8. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Mara literally having a meltdown in the toy aisle, and defaulting to a weapons surplus.

PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Even better, Mara starts playing in the toy aisle. :p

"Ah, Mara, we're supposed to be getting something for-"

"Here comes the X-wing diving in towards this really sweet Death Star playset! Pew pew pew! Vroom! EEAAHHHHHH!"

Okay, I have no idea what the onomatopoeia for a TIE Fighter's engine is supposed to be. :p

10. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    I think EEAAHHHHHHH is pretty accurate. Lol

And this is why Jaina likes flying x-wings, because Auntie Mara spurned the pink and red Naboo dolls in favor of x-wing and TIE fighter models for her niece.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  11. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    I’m a junkie the needs a Mara Jade fix! Come on! Where’s the discussions on this fabulous lady???

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I got a custom six-inch Mara Jade a while ago off of eBay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dropped and broke the lightsaber. A little glue helped out with it.

Tarsier likes this.
  13. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
  14. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I WANT!!!

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    She's beautiful, isn't she. :D I don't own a six-inch Luke, which is something I think i should remedy one of these days.

16. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    I almost did, had an amazon giftcard from my birthday in January... but my purse broke and everyone told me to get an electronic toothbrush instead. So I caved. I probably made the mature decision... but UGH... my shipper heart was just like... BUT I WANT LUKE AND MARA TOYS, WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND???

Tython Awakening and PCCViking like this.
  17. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    So another fan theory to the Emperor and Mara relationship is that maybe he knew more than he was letting on with the whole Mara and Luke thing. Think about it. You make it your best assassin's mission to kill a threat, and you do it because your right hand can't seem to do it (because Daddy Vader is wavering), but then Mara fails but could easily go after them... and you say "Nah...go on vacation instead." It just doesn't add up for a guy who is always 10 steps ahead.

So I propose that Palpatine sent Mara to do the job, while consulting with some kind of Night Sister Seer to see how much this Skywalker punk is going to mess up his plans of ruling the galaxy. Seer confirms ALOT. So Palphatine grumbles, but then inquires about his Mara Jade. If she is successful and her role in his rule. If she can be trusted. And then the Seer spills all about Mara's power and potential, warrior status, a loyal servant to her Master...and that "Luke Skywalker will suffer many 'little deaths' at the hands...and more... of Mara Jade". So the Emperor is all happy.... until he realizes that the Seer is speaking through innuendo and that really Mara is going to be tied to Luke romantically, with a strong legacy, and living in the light with her new Master....
    And Palpatine just LOSES it. He obviously kills the Seer. Feels betrayed and is contemplating killing Mara via Force. Instead he has a Hand contact Jabba about apprehending Mara in trying to kill Skywalker, not wanting them to meet at all...and tells her to wait for further instruction. But she is the last thing on his mind. Luke must be turned. MUST. For if he is turned then Vader stays by his side, any prodigy of Mara will be made to follow darkness, and the powerful Skywalker line will be made to serve him FOREVER.
    But of course. His plans fail, Vader betrays him, and he reaches out to Mara in a last ditch effort for revenge...thinking that this Last Command will make it IMPOSSIBLE for Mara and Luke to be on the same side....and hopefully result in one, if not both, of their deaths. Instead, he just made the sexual tension more palpable, admiration grow thicker, and allowed for a slower burn to solidify their determination that they complete each other.

You can pry this headcanon from my cold, dead fingers....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= That works for me. That's why Mara is unable to carry it out during the entire Thrawn crisis. She's inexplicably drawn to Luke with his marvy self LOL

19. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Hi! I'd like to be part of this!

Tarsier likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome, Sadie!!! [:D] Never, ever too many L/M fans. ^:)^

Sadie Erso and Darth_Elu like this.
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Can I actually join? I really like Mara but don´t really like her and Luke as a pairing.
    In fact I kinda still carry the torch for Mara/Lando.

22. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    There's no actual "joining" - anyone and everyone can post here, you just need to keep the topic more or less about Mara, without bashing Mara. (I'm not a mod of course, so obviously defer to them for an actual definition, that's just my general understanding of fan clubs like this.)

You definitely don't need to ship Mara with Luke to post here! It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, the way a lot of people assume that if you like Mara you must ship her with Luke. I'm sort of a reluctant L/M shipper, but actually at the moment I'd love to explore an aro/ace Mara....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Anedon and Iron_lord like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Anedon -- hi there. No, you don't have to ship Mara with Luke [face_laugh] although I most unashamedly do! [face_love] Mara/Lando or even Mara/Kyp fanfics if done well can and do capture my notice. I just don't like Luke without a soulmate to ease his burdens and share his joys :rolleyes: Darling dude deserves some lovin'! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

AllTheSingleMaras likes this.
  24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    I never really felt Mara being Luke´s soulmate, they are kind of different in a lot of ways. Luke always tries to see the best in people and goes to insane lenght for the likes of Vader because he has still faith in them. Mara is much more cynical, for her one partially overheard conversation was enough to decide to murder her nephew.

I feel in therms of personality she is much closer to Lando, like both did dark things in the past and where inthially somewhat opposed to the other heroes. Both have more realistic worldview, both do become good but never quite loose their edge and remain anti heroes. Also both are very flirty.
    Also when Lando eventually got a wife she really felt tagged on, just as if the writers remembered Lando wasn´t married so they quickly wrote something in that direction but it doesn´t seem to have any build up, little substance to it.

As for Luke for me its always Callista....

25. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I think that it why Luke and Mars ended up together, optimist and cynic. They balance each other out. Here is a reason Mara fell in love with Luke, “When I first met Luke, I was under a compulsion to kill him. Generally not a good sign for a lasting relationship. Such was his courage that he did not run, and did not strike me. He accepted me, as no one else had done before."