main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Socially awkward Anakin did not bother me; I just couldn’t stand whiny Anakin. That’s why I liked TCW version slightly better—still showed his burgeoning darkness (choking Poggle) but many, many fun moments.

christophero30 likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I liked Anakin’s complaining (whining) it made sense to someine who is told he’s a Jedi messiah, and who demonstrates great power but gets treated as a second class citizen by the Jedi Council.

Anakin complaining about not being a Master was balid, he’d proved himself in the Clone Wars and Ahsoka would have likely become a Knight had she not been framed for Barris bombings and was betrayed in trust by the Jedi.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I don't mind a little whine. I can understand some of that angst when it comes to Anakin's past, especially as a Padawan. I would like a show that explores Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship in those adolescent years. I thought they dialed Anakin's sarcasm up a little too much in TCW. I much prefer an Anakin that can have fun but can have a consistent undercurrent of darkness like Republic comics Anakin. TCW Anakin's dark moments felt forced to me a lot of times.

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    you made a force pun.

PCCViking and Deliveranze like this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Luke Skywalker being a all powerful grand master is honestly not that interesting and kinda against the idea of the character.

6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Anakin's saber seems too light. ;)

Maybe socially awkward isn't the right term but he definitely has his non-filtered outbursts like his father

"What a piece of junk!"
    "Doesn't look like I have much of a choice."

And Obi-Wan's reaction to "You bet I could! I'm not such a bad pilot myself! Listen, we dont have to sit here and listen to this"

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    “But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”

8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I used to bulls eye womp rats. They're not much bigger than 2 meters. So 7 foot rats. [face_sick]

9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    You know even with their awkward/whiny moments, both Anakin and Luke were barely 20 years old at the time. Understandable IMO.

Kylo whining and having temper tantrums at 30 - definitely off putting and not understandable.

10. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Couldn't agree more. Watching Jedi GOD Luke Skywalker slaying down the entire First Order is something I did not need to see.

@wobbits I don't think they were shooting for whinny with Kylo. I think they wanted it to come across as more of unhinged. Execution is obviously up for debate.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean look who his uncle and Grandpa are....Whiny Ben Solo....Yep...He's a Skywalker.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Darkhorse Comics’ Anakin was my favoriite. But it is easier to cover a breadth of character developement in the writtrn medium. Movies have such a short span of time to cover a subject or character as complex as Skywalker.

Deliveranze likes this.
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He's an over-achiever :p

14. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I suppose if you're 30 and blame your parents for everything Kylo would be a role model. :p

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That’s most 30yr olds these days. As they live in their parent’s homes. :p

christophero30 and Princess_Tina like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I think both Republic Comics and the movies beautifully feel in-tie with one another. I wish TCW could have explored the complexity of Anakin like the comics did with 7 seasons.

Jedi Knight Fett and Kato Sai like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

In hindsight i still like the Republic Comics, like most of the EU, they just weren't "True Star Wars" to me.

18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I appreciate that when I look into the Clone Wars multimedia project, I always feel like I'm following from a pinpoint between the films and the same characterizations. I see Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor in the EU. Superficially, it was cool seeing how Anakin got his scar, first used Force Choke, etc. but more interestingly, seeing Anakin during the Battle of Praesitlyn which gets him nominated for knighthood, Anakin eating bugs [face_laugh] in front of a disgusted Obi-Wan, the Battle of Rendili where Anakin proves himself as a newly minted Jedi Knight, rescuing a young Boba Fett from Asajj Ventress, etc. just makes me feel more at home with the PT.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree, film and comic Anakin are robust and well developed. I was telling the other member why we can’t expect the film Anakin and his complexities to be develed into at the level of the comics. :)

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

TCW Anakin will always be my Anakin at this point...Noting beats 7 Seasons of T.V ...espcially since I don't like comics in general.

See i just don't care about consistency in continuity or characterization because I sorta see Star Wars project as it's own individual continuity depicting things differently even within the same universe.

Consistencey does not mean quality

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Unpopular opinion, I think Rey looks better in the Grey and white outfit combo of TLJ over her more white outfit in TFA and TROS.

[​IMG]

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I really dislike the Legacy Comics they are essentially every edge lords dream come true and I am so glad they aren't part of Star Wars anymore.

23. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    John Favreau is extremely overated *for now*

People are acting like he is some savior/messiah when he's only made one season of a show. Let get a little more proof before we go crowing people...

24. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I still don't get what's so grating about the Tosche Station line. What's a teenager stuck on a farm like Luke supposed to say? "Sure Uncle Owen, I'd be more than happy to cancel my plans and clean up your dirty droids, sounds fun"?

Honestly I'm glad Luke and Anakin have these moments where they're ''whining'', or moping, or venting. It's better than them being perfectly mature or "cool" all the time.

Sarge and Emperor Ferus like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah grey jedi is fan fiction and will be canon. Pablo Hidalgo has Stated that fact. Even GL didnt like it. Either they are jedi, sith, lightside user, darkside user.

antitoxicgamer and Kato Sai like this.