main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Good point, but it could be along the lines of eating a bone in steak. We eat everything around the bone the best we can, then discard what we cannot reach when finished. There could be Boba Fett chunks spit out with the armor. The chunks the Sarlacc couldn't reach.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you, I've been afraid to post in this thread because of the over top bashing of Fett over the years. I completely get why people believe he's overrated and shouldn't be brought back, especially when your just talking about the movies. Heck, I myself prefer Jango Fett for the most part in any case.

But the hate brigade for the character has gotten old and has invertedly swung back around to make him almost underrated in my eyes, as weird as that sounds. I confess there is some nostalgia at play here for me as well, as a lot of those Boba Fett one shot comics that Dark Horse published are what got me into Star Wars comics in general. Unlike most characters in this franchise, Fett more then most can indulge in black humor and darker storylines, as displayed in those aforementioned comics. As you said, the character has a lot of potential and I hope The Mandalorian taps into that.

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    There has to be a least a mention of the Fetts surely... Hope so

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Looks to me in the scene where Mando is on the speeder on tatooine that he’s got Boba’s armour on the back

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I just watched a trailer breakdown video and it covered that very point. It does indeed look like Boba Fett's armour he's carrying.

TadoFett and Aah Fisto like this.
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if Rex poses as Boba?

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Mando vs Cobb Venth duel and he made a deal with Boba, who's just naked in some small ally.

Merric likes this.
  9. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I still want boba to crawl out if the sarlacc pit... Prob the scene ive wanted to see since the Disney era.. Please make it happen!!

Crod1992 and TadoFett like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well this is 5 years past that, though we could see it in a flashback with Jawas stealing his gear.

11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its a flashback thats not really needed. just explain where the jawas got the armor from and let the audience put the puzzle together.

Shamear and TadoFett like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    One shoot comic of Boba's survival.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Flashback scene on Tatooine with the Sarlacc Pit in the distance. The glow of a jetpack is seen rising in the night sky.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The first episode of season two starts where the fifth episode of season one left off with the mystery man walking towards Fennec Shand’s body. There’s a quick flashback to the Sarlacc and a bloody hand reaches up to climb out of the pit. Then we’re back to the present and the camera pans slowly up to reveal the mystery man is a scarred Boba Fett.

Or something like that. :p

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Don't think he'll be too convincing dressed as Boba and being twice his age. Might help is he leaves his walker at home.

16. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    Please make it happen

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He was also the only one who has the cojones to take on Luke in ROTJ and nearly bested him. Boba would've killed him too if it wasn't for...luck.

Crod1992 and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The difference is that with Lucas it was the creator who did the "retcons", which in itself doesn't particularly work as a term since what really was what never was truly established in the first place. Until he committed to it in final form it was all up in the air be it Vader, the Clone Wars, the Jedi et al. He can do whatever he wants and it's fine because he's the architect. Those after him have to adhere to his structure then build on it not say that they have to do foundation work.

When dealing with material that comes after the creator from multiple authors which simply doesn't work or make sense with the Lucas text then that means they weren't serious about paying attention anyway.

That Lucas said that Boba Fett survived but Sidious is dead so in that narrow context the former's appearance in The Mandalorian is real but the latter's in the ST isn't.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Lucas has toyed with the ida of Palpatine surviving. He says Boba survived and made an arc of Maul surviving. I think if he made his sequels we would probaly still have Palpatine but in small doses.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Boba Fett getting out of the Sarlacc Pit is completely different to Maul. It's really no more than another serial cliffhanger get out except by a bad guy instead of a good guy. I don't think any of the previous victims were giving a rocket pack when going in. Besides that the entire area was rocked by the barge exploding.

In terms of the character a far more interesting time for stories is between ROTS and ANH anyway.

I doubt it because from what bits have been revealed it was about doing an actual continuation and doing new things as opposed to retelling the story. The Anakin and Sidious arc was told in 6 movies and finished.

21. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Maul was a Sith lord and they said Maul used the dark side of the Force to survive, and Fett doesn't even use the Force, so not sure how these two are even comparable.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett surviving the sarlac seems more likley then Maul or Palpatine.

23. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Probably, but the point is Maul and Palpatine can use the dark side of the Force to survive, it's a power that even people who live in Star Wars calls it ''sorcery'',

[​IMG]

So that's a power that Boba can't use. So it doesn't make sense to compare them with each other, Maul and Palpatine are even unique between these ''sorcerers'', as they are Sith Lords, who are usually above of the Jedi, especially Palpatine.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    MAul is more of a warrior and Palpatine a sorcerer and necromancer.

25. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    I didn't know you can only be a warrior and not a sorcerer at the same time. Mandalorians were aware of his special powers, which is why they made a special capsule to hold Force users back, which includes Maul.

[​IMG]