main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    I love the songs in Star Wars Kinect.

"Princess in A Battle" is my favorite.

I also choose to believe that "Empire Today" is a real recruitment jingle in-universe and that Boba Fett made a mint off the commercials.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    antitoxicgamer and darkspine10 like this.
  2. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    In my opinion Star Wars Kinect is the best Kinect game of all time.
    It only had problems due to this that kinect itself wasn't powerful enough.

Star Wars Kinect was also the most ambitious kinect game that I've heard about.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The Mandalorian series as a whole is overrated. First viewing you are bespelled and are like ”this is great! This is great!” Subsequent reviewings and you are like uh, “he basical walks around, shoots, Baby Yoda looks cute and repeat and repeat.”

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Most SW fans seem to like the Mandalorian which is a minor miracle so the credit is probably deserved.

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I get that and being first live action SW series is huge.

I just upon rewatch of episodes don’t feel as jazzed by the show.

christophero30 likes this.
  6. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I thought it was just decent the first viewing and that continued into the second. It has a good story, but half the episodes are borderline filler. It’s fine, but definitely not top tier.

Kato Sai likes this.
  7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Rebels is underrated, especially among other more popular Star Wars shows like The Mandalorian or The Clone Wars.

It has it's flaws, like Ezra being annoying at times and the fact stormtroopers rarely could ever hit anything got old fast. But overall I loved seeing the growing Rebellion from the point of view of a small rebel crew from a backwater Outer Rim planet. In particular, Kanan Jarrus has in recent times become one of my favorite Jedi of all time. His journey from a self doubting, fearful rebel just getting by to an almost full fledged Jedi Master was exciting for me to witness. All the other characters (for the most part) I also greatly enjoyed, especially Hera and Sabine.

8. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Agreed, although I will never forgive this
    [​IMG]

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, that was one of the more cringy moments in the show. At least it only happened in two episodes though.

anakinfansince1983 and Sarge like this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Episode 4 is the worst IMHO. At-ST, and none of villagers die.. sure.

Deliveranze and Darth Buzz like this.
  11. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    OP Vader is lame.

It's really annoying how Lucasfilm just loves to show us how "Badass" Vader is. They even go as far as adding that scene at the end of Rogue One which screws the opening of episode 4.(Since if Vader was that powerful, then episode 4 would begin with Vader slashing Rebels like bread and butter.)

Vader should be as powerful as Anakin that has lost 50 percent of his potential, not some kind of god.

Unfortunately Lucasfilm likes to show Vader as a god to not disappoint Vader fanboys.

Starkiller beating the crap out of Vader was one of the most satisfying Star Wars moments for me.(I also hated the ending of JFO where you have to escape from Vader instead of fighting him.)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Deliveranze and Count Yubnub like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, the situations are different: Rogue One vs ANH. At Rogue One, he was trying to stop them from escaping; at the beginning of ANH, his Star Destroyer had captured the Tantive IV, so the situation wasn't as urgent.

wobbits, ThisIsTheWay, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  13. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    I think both situations were equally urgent. Since in both of them, he was trying to take back the plans from the Rebels. Since those plans were deadly in the hands of the Rebels.

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Agreed and in ESB we.see Vadee r fught similiar to Rogue One when he faces Luke.

[​IMG]

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    even at 50 percent Vader is awesome. Best villain ever. His tragic backstory only adds to his awesomeness.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Darth Vader is meant to be OP, Vader let Luke beat him.

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You mean in ROTJ?

18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    That is interesting. I think Vader was conflicted in ROTJ, so he was not as powerful with the dark side. I did find that fight a bit confusing the first time I watched it, as Vader seemed so superior in the Force in ESB.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah in ROTJ, but he was always OP.

20. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    Nah. If he was OP then he could easily kill the emperor.

In ROTJ, Luke with few months training managed to beat him.

Vader didn't even manage to stand for few minutes after the fight(Alongside the final section of his battle with Luke.) which shows he wasn't that powerful due to the how damaged and broken his body was.
    Also, he barely could handle Luke's lightsaber blows at the end of fight.(Which he desperately tried to defend himself from Luke and in the end his stamina ran out and allowed Luke to cut off his hand.)

"Lord Vader was a broken shadow of his former self."

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The emperor could kill Vader and Luke with his finger tips. He's as mutch as a sith god there is. Vader is OP but no where Vader's level. Luke is just the average jedi knight. Vader is conflicted and dosen't want to harm his son. It is now confirmed he saved Luke from killing Palpatine.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    He does give me chills when he throws his Lightsaber at Luke in ROTJ:

[​IMG]

23. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    I forgot to add this, but if Vader was that OP then on Echo base he would at least kill some rebel soldiers.

Vader was more a general than a warrior from what it was shown in the OT movies.
    Yeah he was good in 1v1 battles(Especially against non jedis and Obi Wan) but not in 1vsMany battles.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well we have book and youtube short of him killing soldiers on Echo base, and he was both a warrior and general as Anakin and Vader.

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Respectfully, its hard to support that claim when there are no scenes in the OT of Vader fighting mutiple combatants.

Sarge likes this.