main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    On the Potter game WB will do what was done on Ender's Game if they can. The 'we already paid for the rights, there's no profit cut for Rowling' card.

solojones likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The two Shadows of games are terrific from a gameplay perspective, meh from a plot perspective, and "I wish I could kill you to death" from a ~serious Tolkien lore~ perspective. Everything else is pretty forgettable.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I made the mistake of picking up The Third Age for Xbox at the Flea Market. The game itself was serviceable enough, but have you ever wanted to be a group of nobodies who are following the Fellowship around Middle Earth while occasionally getting glimpses of them and fighting less exciting versions of their enemies? Because that's what this game was. "Oh look, that's the thing Pippin accidentally dropped through the hole and it landed a few feet from us!"

solojones, Point Given and Ramza like this.
  4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ah yes, Lord of the Rings: Apollo Justice Edition. I remember even the positive reviews were baffled by how the game kept reinforcing how completely unimportant everything you did was.

Point Given and Lord Vivec like this.
  5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Lord of the Rings had surprisingly good video game tie-ins. The Two Towers and Return of the King on PS2 were both great, as was Battle for Middle Earth on the PC.

I never got on with Shadow of Mordor, sadly. I might give Shadow of War a go when I get my Xbox as it's on Game Pass.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    How dare you slight Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead like this.

soitscometothis and Ramza like this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Tom Stoppard used "being an unimportant character" to make a lot of interesting points about the medium. I assure you, Apollo Justice was the more correct comparison. :p

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I meant to quote Vivec not you. But.... Yes.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Watch Dogs 2 is free right now on the Epic store. Good game, highly recommended. Much more fun than the first one.

soitscometothis likes this.
  10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Considering that I was just playing the original Watch Dogs earlier today... yes, Watch Dogs 2 is much more fun.

Ugh. Aiden is such a boring fool, and the weird "not-Chicago" is offputting. There's just not much thought that was put into designing the world, whereas WD2 captures San Fransisco/Marin County/Silicon Valley pretty well.

Watch Dogs 3 sounds ambitious, but we'll see what happens. I also wonder how well the 'near-future' is going to be handled, considering the other two were set in contemporary times.

solojones likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am excited for Legion, but there are so many other games coming out soon. I will probably just wait on that one since I want to play it on PS5 anyway... But have too many PS5 games already to play in November and December! So yeah, will wait until that one is cheaper. Especially since I will already be dropping like $120 on Valhalla, yikes.

blackmyron likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's terrible, isn't it? All these great games to play but you can only do one at a time.

Meanwhile, I really need to get around to playing Dad & Boy, sorry, God of War.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You absolutely should. For my money, God of War is the game of the generation.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The Witcher 3 would like a word.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Was it just me or did Final Fantasy XVI look like it was trying to imitate Witcher's style?

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Quite possible, although given the track record anymore I wouldn't take literally anything about that trailer as gospel for the final product. Up to and including it being called Final Fantasy XVI, now that I'm thinking about it. :p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Final Fantasy Versus XIX

Ramza likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I see it more as influenced by FFXV and FF7R. SE have had a good few goes at nailing a more real-time system, starting with FFXIII. FF7R is where it felt like they had finally cracked it. FFXV had some good elements in its combat system, but some awful ones too.

20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Much like The Neverending Story, the Final Fantasy series is a lie.

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I've not liked a non-online Final Fantasy since IX. I never really played XI and only briefly played XIV. Although I've heard good things about it, I find it hard to get into MMO's these days. I'm at least somewhat optimistic for XVI as it's being directed and produced by the guys who brought XIV back from the dead.

FatBurt likes this.
  22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've not liked a Final Fantasy since IX

I loved the look of XV but can't deal with the obnoxious characters.

FFXVI looks like it has potential based on the screenshots and game play reflected. I'll need to see more but if it comes with FF7R combat style then yes, I'll probably get it. I'm due a Decent FF, will this be the one?

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Wait so you didn't like FFVIIR? I loved it.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't hate but didn't overly like XV; but I have liked the previous titles going back to VII. Of course whenever VII: Remake Part 2 comes out, that will be #1 on my games radar. I couldn't tell too much from that XVI trailer. It's not going to be another boy band group roaming around trying to save the world, is it?

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No, it looks like more classic High Fantasy as a setting.

Jedi Ben likes this.