main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A "bridge" film between ROTJ & TFA would have been interesting....

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by QUIGONMIKE, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Clone wars saved the PT, and another show for the ST will do the same Dave Filoni will make sure off it. He likes them and will want to connect with them.

Samayel_ and Wilhuff's Slippers like this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    What a silly statement. The prequels didn't need 'saving'. If one doesn't like the PT, they aren't going to be improved by TCWC. As someone who believes the ST is creatively bankrupt, no amount of cartoons will make it any better.

cwustudent and Nom von Anor like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is not the forum for this. And some of you are far too much aware of it.

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't think we'd need to see the Jedi or anyone from the OT. I think they could do a political space drama about the rebuilding of the republic. I'd be down for that.

5. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Leia was pretty central to the goings on of this time... I can't imagine it done without her/Carrie.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    She eventually moved away from it though. You could focus on what happens after that. There could be off-hand dialogue with someone asking whatever happened to Senator Organa and someone giving a quick answer that alerts the casual audience to what we who follow the EU already know. Also maybe those who are concerned about the return of the Jedi. Those who are old enough to remember the Clone Wars and knee jerk responses to certain aspects. There is more to Star Wars then the Skywalkers. That is what Disney needs to keep doing like they have with the Mando series.

7. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I'd say this is by far the most interesting historical era of SW that hasn't been covered, so of course this needs to happen. But it can't be live action, so a Clone Wars type series is a perfect solution. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mark Hamill did the voice of Luke. A series that showed how in the hell Luke went from the guy we knew to the guy we saw in TLJ is IMO pretty vital in terms of making sense of the overall saga.

The only better time period IMO would be the period between ANH and ESB. That would be the most fun to see. The OT heroes in the glory days. Luke is still the young hero, unaware of his lineage, and Han is still cocky and arrogant, as is Leia.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean i think that's sorta the plan...Although maybe with Multiple series

We have Mando which is obviously Post Jedi
    We have Squadrons but that deals more with fall of the Empire
    A rumored Rebels Successor show post Endor that's gonna deal with the Ezra/Thrawn stuff but probably tie into the wider narrative .
    Then that rumored Ben Solo project.

So I think it's less ONE MOVIE or MOVIES and more series and other tiny projects that fill in the gaps of the between Ep 6 and 7.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The best way to do it is. Have a showlike the Luke and Ben show. And have 3 big storylines that go trough the entire show.

1. Luke takes on Ben Solo as his first apprentice and together they have jedi adventures looking for artifacts of old jedi and sith lore. Looking for new and potential students. Growing a jedi schoool. With hints of the dark side growing inside Ben.

2. Leia Organa is in the New republic and says goodbye to her son, we see how new republic works as goverment. See how they deal threaths such as pirates and crime syndicates. Leia serves as the Padme in political episodes and arcs.

3. Han Solo deals with racing and how that world works. This will deal with underworld crime, Han won't be involved but try to get the kids he's mentoring out of crime. Maybe Hondo gets involved.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Vader Bob likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Why can’t it be live action?

11. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    TCW created and executive produced by GL. Filoni is rather limited in his own projects without Lucas' ideis and involvement.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    But they began to be perceived more closely. The series closed many plot troubles of films. For example, Bob's line of revenge for the death of his father.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't see Filoni being limited, rebels didn't have a bug budget. I say the final arc of the clone wars shows Filoni's mastery.

Samayel_ likes this.
  14. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    Limited as a man of ideas and fantasy. Building worlds, creating myths. Again, Season 7 was based on Lucas's concepts.And before the final arch, there was Ahsoka's arch, which Filoni also wrote, and it turned out to be mixed. As were some of the Rebels episodes that Filoni wrote himself.

Filoni played the same role on Ressitanse as Lucas did on TCW. And this magic scarcity and routine of ideas Filoni s very noticeable compared to Lucas's creative spark at TCW.

He is a good director, but when the conceptual basis belongs to another: Avatar, The Clone Wars, Mandalorian (while the episode that he wrote himself is rated the worst, although not bad).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I agreed he is not GL or on his level. But he has done good with both Rebels and resistance both are for younger audience. He came up with more force lore and expands on the Mortis gods with world between worlds. He can create intresting worlds like WBW, Intresting new animals like force wolfs, space whales. Bendu. With Mandalorian he is with Faveru in creating the story and tie ins.

16. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    Rebels is not bad show, but it was mostly about the lines and characters from TCW / EU.

Resistanse is a very mediocre show. And the fact that it is designed for children is not an excuse. Even the same LEGO SW shorts and series do a much better job of being a good children's show.

Samayel_ likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rebels with out being a TCW sequel and EU becoming canon is still. great Kanan is the best character with Hera and Sabine. Chopper is king, ghost is a great ship ZEb and Kallus are fun to watch. Ezra went from little annoying kid to a good jedi character. And it good to show the growing rebellion. It can work without those things.

18. Vader Bob

Jun 8, 2020
    More or less the plot of Bloodline sans Luke's part. Some of the characters can probably be tweaked to flow better into the sequels. Probably would make a great animated show.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this would take 10 years after ROTJ whe he starts trainning jedi so 15 between this and bloodline. We could see the seeds off the growing darkness in Ben and the new republic being incompetent ot dangerous threats and Leia being frustated.

20. Vader Bob

Jun 8, 2020
    Bloodline was about 20 years after ROTJ iirc, but yeah, kind of the build up to that. I like the dynamic of Luke accepting Vader as his father while Leia struggled with it. Would make for some good force ghost opportunity with Luke and dialogue between him and his sister. Narrative wise they'd have to be conscious of not simply making it a rehash of Clones though with the Leia/Padme, Luke/Obi, Ben/Anakin similarities.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think in this show Luke would be more like Padme and Leia more like Anakin. I think at this time he's already accepted who is father is and talks with his force ghost. The TROS junior novel mentions of Obi Wan and Yoda contacting her when she was younger, maybe we could see that in one episode. I think a show with 3 different storylines like Clone wars did many times can work to explain what Luke, Leia and Han did during the early late early years. A Luke and Ben show is rumored, so even if am wrong and it's olny Luke and Ben there's still mutch to explore with Luke and how he deals with his father and his newphew. We now he was in talks with his father and two jedi masters.

Vader Bob likes this.
  22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I’m not sure Boba Fett had any type of revenge in TCWC,,, surely that would have involved playing a part in the death of Mace Windu? I think TCWC allowed for more exploration of the dynamics between, for example, Obi-Wan and Anakin... which allowed fans to see more of that ‘good friends’ vibe (which was always an expectation of fans), which we saw briefly in ROTS, but which was absent from the first two films. And I’m certainly not going to argue with someone who believes that TCWC improved the PT for them (as it’s their perception). But in my experience, most people who state that TCWC improved the films, liked the films well enough anyway... so TCWC is just more material to enjoy involving those characters and situations. Those that don’t like the PT, usually (IMO) use TCWC as a stick to beat the PT with... e.g. Anakin is less ‘annoying’ than he was in the PT. ‘Maul has more of a character’ than he had in the PT etc. etc. but that’s just my opinion

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    Without watching the series, this storyline with Boba went nowhere. It makes sense that the viewer was expecting the continuation of this story in ROTS. And a more detailed disclosure of Sifo-Dyas. But none of this happened. And the show helped with that.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett was gonna kill Mace Windu in episode 3 but it was scrapped.

25. DartJackson

Aug 26, 2020
    This is a fairly well-known fact. It's good that all this was implemented in the series (albeit in a different way). And this applies not only to this story.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020