main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Official "List Your Complaints about Rogue One" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BretHart, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    She arrives in Tantive IV but it is damaged and in need of repair along the way? Or she arrives in a different ship but waits for Tantive IV to be repaired before taking it to Tatooine? Why? Bail waits for her to arrive before leaving for Alderaan, so he can give her the mission in person (presumably unsafe to send that message remotely)?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think she was on Tantive IV, aboard Profundity, during the post-Jedha briefing. Bail doesn't need to send for her, he needs to send for Obi-Wan.

He speaks to Captain Antilles, and Antilles, presumably, returns to his ship and speaks to Leia:

SENATOR MON MOTHMA: Despite what the others say, war is inevitable.
    BAIL ORGANA: Yes, I agree. I must return to Alderaan to inform my people that there will be no peace. We will need every advantage.
    SENATOR MON MOTHMA: Your friend, the Jedi.
    BAIL ORGANA: He served me well during the Clone Wars and has lived in hiding since the Emperor’s purge. Yes, I will send for him.
    SENATOR MON MOTHMA: You’ll need someone you can trust.
    BAIL ORGANA: I would trust her with my life.
    He turns around and leaves, greeting Captain Antilles on his way.

BAIL ORGANA: Captain Antilles, I have a mission for you.
    CAPTAIN RAYMUS ANTILLES: Senator.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. That makes more sense.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If only just this moment....

[​IMG]

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Those are two diametrically opposed missions though - so it doesn't make sense for him to tell her that before the actual mission. Taking the plans to Tatooine would delay their arrival at Alderaan or Yavin IV considerably . Nor does it make sense for him to go to Scarif with her, and only leave her ship after the battle.

The Tantive IV only taking the plans to Tatooine instead of back to the Rebel leadership because the Profundity was disabled and boarded, works better IMO. Leia has her own different mission to fulfil, but she's forced to take the plans with her and combine the two missions, because of the way the battle ended, and because of how vital Kenobi is.

Sarge and Princess_Tina like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, this doesn’t really need to be so complicated. Leia and Bail arrive together on the Tantive IV. It docks with the Profundity to undergo repairs while Bail attends the Rebel meetings. Leia doesn’t attend because she isn’t a Rebel leader yet. At this time she’s still keeping up the pretense that she’s an Imperial Senator. Bail then gives her the mission to retrieve Obi-Wan and heads back to Alderaan on a different ship. Before Leia can leave for her mission Raddus decides to take his forces to Scarif and since the Tantive IV is still docked with the Profundity Leia is pulled into this. Afterwards she decides to proceed with her mission as planned only now she’s also become custodian of the stolen plans as well.

Avnar, EHT, Iron_lord and 3 others like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That.

EHT, Iron_lord and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  8. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    The bolded is the missing link to make the series of events have an internal logic - I don't think it can be made to work without this. It seems far-fetched to me that Leia is not a Rebel leader until the end of ANH, but I guess that is what we have now. Well, at least until they inevitably tell a story pre-RO of Leia as a Rebel leader.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Council meeting was for high-level alliance leaders and the people briefing them on critically important intel (Jyn), and it’s 100% plausible that Leia simply isn’t high level enough to attend such an elite meeting. Doesn’t mean she’s not a leader. Just not at that level yet.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  11. imperial scum

imperial scum Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2020
    My only complaint: Why is R1 the only good Disney movie.

To be honest, the characters suck and the story is boring, but i had low expectations.

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm surprised this thread got past 2 pages...

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Though most of the complaints consists of people who love the movie trying their hardest to come up with small details they didn’t like as much. Like me. For example, I thought one (just one) CGI shot of an AT-AT blowing up didn’t look entirely convincing... ;)

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I mostly just complain about self-proclaimed superfans of RO not knowing the difference between an AT-AT and an AT-ACT. [face_shame_on_you]

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Touché! I knew they were a different model, and considered Googling it to get it right, but laziness got the better of me. And now I’m paying for it. Shame on me.

Chancellor Yoda, EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You know a Star Wars film is great when you struggle to find things wrong with it! I can list about 5 things I dislike about RO...but for ROTS (for eg) I can only list 5 things I do like :oops:

Bor Mullet, CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And we will never let you stop paying for it. :p

18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Rogue One remains my least favorite Star Wars film, but I don't have the stamina to continuously post what I don't like about it (also partially because I still think the film is pretty good overall).

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Rogue One is not one of my favorites (it's somewhere in the middle of my ranking), but I still can't find much fault with it. It's impressive how few flaws it has.
    Uh, I don't like that Raddus' role is too small, I guess? :p

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Such wisdom.

21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    It's taken me nearly four years of watching Rogue One to find a complaint.

At the battle on the surface of Scariff when the U-Wing drops off some troops, one yells, "For Jeddah" as they depart the spacecraft. It comes off odd and feels out of place.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Darth__Lobot and The Exogorth like this.
  22. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Really? That makes total sense to me given what's happened.

I can't think of anything except the final shot of Leia saying "hope", which I think would have had more impact if we'd seen her from behind.

23. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Yes because no one knew what happened to Jeddah. No one in the Rebellion knew it was destroyed by the Empire that it would prompt such a reaction.

24. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    How do we know that?

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, they knew about it. They have a big meeting about it, where the council decides not to fight, and Jyn and the gang decide to go on their own.

LedReader, Sarge, EHT and 2 others like this.