main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hanna s2 e8
    The series has slowly grown on me, as has Esme Creed-Miles in the title role. Didn't realise she was Samantha Morton's daughter. Anyway, looking forward to series 3.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I haven't seen Broad City, but def watch 30 Rock if you haven't. Right along the lines of the shows you listed.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely have, but wouldn't mind revisiting it as my wife has not.

4. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Lucifer S5 Episode 8.

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Bewitched "The Catnapper": Private detective Charlie Leach returns and kidnaps a recently transformed ad campaign executive (who was turned into a cat by Endora).

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Second episode of Transplant. I missed the pilot but got the gist of what had happened in it. It's ok. I might keep watching it for a few weeks and see how it goes. It's interesting seeing a medical show set in a socialized healthcare system (the show is Canadian).

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [​IMG]

Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Kurisumasu Pudingu no Boken (Zenpen) Purinsu Kara no Irai (2004) – Joji Shimura, Naohito Takahashi

The show takes two episodes, of which this is the first one, to adapt the Poirot centered short story, The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding. This is really the show at its best, in my opinion. Hastings and Mabel aren’t entirely sure about this “old-fashioned” Christmas that Poirot is taking them on, but soon enough there’s a mysterious note to confuse things further. Meanwhile, three youngsters decide to stage a fake murder for Poirot to solve; but when the prank is revealed the “fake” murder appears to have become all too real! I really liked the kids in this episode; they’re very anime and a lot of fun. This is the show using the strengths of the anime element to do something a little different from any other Christie adaptation. And what a cliffhanger! Really great episode. 4 stars.

tl;dr – series combines a strong story with some strongly anime influenced characters to create one of the best episodes of the series so far; and what a cliffhanger! 4 stars.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Watched the last episode (Season 2) of Harley Quinn on HBO Max. IMO that has to be the absolute funniest animated series since the early years of The Simpsons. If HBO Max knows what's good for them, they'd front the bill to extend it to at least another season.

Dagobahsystem and Princess_Tina like this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Something where Gordon Ramsay abuses a chef in a restaurant that offers Mac & Cheese on it's menu.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    A bunch of 4th Doctor, Doctor Who episodes. :p

"The Masque of Mandragora." It was really interesting and I want to rewatch it soon. There were some real neat scenes.

"The Robots of Death." This was terrific and a true DW classic; I can see why it is popular as I loved this arc.

Halfway through watching "The Hand of Fear" right now, it's good so far.

These Tom Baker series are awesome.

11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Parks and Recreation 3x04

Got into the show a couple weeks ago. As silly as it sounds, it makes me want to have that kind of community. A couple episodes ago was the Freddy Spaghetti concert and I thought: If I wasn’t so old I would totally want to do something like that.
    (Edited to comply with thread)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Dagobahsystem and Princess_Tina like this.
  12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
  13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Fixed

I will add that 3x02 Flu Season was all too familiar to me.

I actually want the hyper energetic and healthy lifestyle of Rob Lowe’s character Chris.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Princess_Tina and Coruscant like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I added this to the OP for clarity.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Coruscant like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm 3/4's of the way through season 1 of Better Call Saul, and I'm really enjoying it. Maybe more than Breaking Bad. The stakes are much much lower (right now) compared to BB, and it's really more of a character driven slow burn narrative.

16. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    The Mandalorian s1e1 & 2. I'm really enjoying it so far.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Raised by Wolves. I'm on episode 6 now starting 7. I wonder if perhaps the voices in the Mithric leader's head are from his physical transformation, or to do with the artifact they found after he touched it.

18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Rewatching The Crown S3 - the one where they go to the moon.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh well forgot their face transplants were just that. Still, certain folks hear voices and see people so the source of those things is the big mystery.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Kurisumasu Pudingu no Boken (Kohen) Oke ni Tsutawaru Rubi (2004) – Daiki Nishimura, Naohito Takahashi

This wraps up the story of the Adventure of the Christmas Pudding with a lot of flair and energy. I think this two-parter is probably the best adaptation of the series so far. Like I talked about last time, this one brings a lot of anime energy with the kid characters and the plot is fun. This one wraps up the episodes of this show aired during 2004, but the first season (well, only season, I suppose) isn’t over yet. Next time, we’ll be back with Miss Marple, I think, and I hope the show can continue the kind of quality it’s reached with this two-parter. 4 stars.

tl;dr – this episode ends the two part adaptation of The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding with high energy and a lot of fun; the series’ best adaptation so far. 4 stars.

21. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Season 2 of Umbrella Academy on Netflix. I've never read, seen or even heard of the comic its based on, but I think they bring some crazy ideas to the screen and it works with all the time travel, the organisation and the powers of the family. I loved season 1 and enjoyed this one too with its Kennedy 1963 Dallas setting. Looking forward to the third season.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The wife and I just finished Season 1 of Broad City. I don't know if you'd classify this as "cringe" comedy like "Pen15", but there is some cringe mixed with some very "over the top" comedic situations set up in the back drop of New York City. There are two main female characters. One woman is stuck at her job cleaning toilets at a fitness center, why the other woman has an office job and gets away with doing zero work all day. You kind of hate them at first a little but then you grow to love them. If you're looking for something new with high energy and some good laughs, then you may want to give this show a whirl.

Darth Guy likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Toys That Made Us: Transformers

I'm going to be watching this Netflix series out of order and certainly not all of the episodes. Just episodes of the toys that I'm familiar with and have played with in the past. This episode gave a history from the ground up of the Transformers franchise; starting from its roots in Japan. It was pretty interesting. I was surprised they gave a brief mention about the Go-Bots toy; which was a direct competitor at the time but I'm sure not many kids these days have a clue what it is. They were like the poor man's Transformers.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Padinton Hatsu Yonjigojubun (Sono Ichi) Satsujinsha no Noru Ressha (2005) – Masakazu Yamiya, Naohito Takahashi

This episode kicks off a four part adaptation of 4:50 from Paddington which has one of the best high concepts of any of the Marple novel. An old friend of Miss Marple’s is on a train journey when another train, the 4:50 from Paddington Station briefly runs alongside on a parallel track. Through her train window, the woman believes she sees a murder take place on the other train. This episode is able to actually give Mabel a lot to do, because there’s a young woman in the novel that the series able to basically replace with Mabel. Once the amateur detectives think they’ve figured out where the body was thrown from the train, Mabel goes undercover as a new maid working in the mansion on that estate. A lot of times Mabel just kind of hangs around in the background, but I really liked the way this episode (and this four-parter as a whole) really foregrounded her and let her have her own scenes and things to do. This is a great story and this episode sets up things nicely for what looks to be one of the better adaptations of the series, if they can keep this quality up. 4 stars.

tl;dr – series finally gives Mabel a lot to do in this excellent opening chapter of an adaptation of one of the best Marple novels, 4:50 from Paddington. 4 stars.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Watched Nightmares and Daydreams from avatar the last airbender a filler episode, but it does have some of the funniest lines of the show