main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes, I had a duel back to back.

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @clone commander bossk

As @Kato Sai clearly deduced. That last trouncing was indeed 'a taste of your own medicine', and as you can see, it doesn't taste good. Now that we are here, perhaps you can learn the 'do nots'.

You controlled my character and stabbed him, inflicting damaged and had him performing actions determined by you. That's a 'no-no.'

Not only did you do it once, you did it twice.

I accepted the 'stabbing' damage out of 'courtesy' and did not contest it and even went along with the breach of dueling etiquette, but then you broke out of 'force stasis', having no force powers of your own and attacked with your grappling hook. Another 'no-no'. Which prompted the response and damage inflicted by my character, for the intent of teaching you what godmodding looks like and why it is very much frowned upon. You went and bragged in other threads and that's perfectly fine, it's even encouraged. Like in the WWE , if you're going to be a heel, go all the way and own it.

Your character is alive, if barely, in the lower areas of the Arena. Which means he can live to fight another day. Feel free to write how the medical droids save his life and thank the Pitmaster, whom you have already summoned, that the NPC droids are there to do just that.

As for leaving the thread, that is your choice, you do not have to, just take the lesson and learn. You are new, but that does not excuse you from breaking the rules. Learn and improve. Your character can have another duel with anyone who agrees to it, at any time. Remember, knowing how to lose is just as important as winning, but above all these, is fair-play.

Because with 'fair-play' I can almost guarantee you will enjoy many duels and make friends in the process. That last engagement, will have the opposite effect.

Respectfully yours,

grey

@Nehru_Amidala

I would like to award @Kato Sai ( Darth Tormentum ) a Prestige Point (+1) for deducing Lord Manticore's reasoning for his actions with such clarity. He hit the nail on the head and didn't waver while doing it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows low to Lord Manitcore @greyjedi125 *

You do me great honor.

I must confess I was thrilled to see you in action my Lord. If you wish, I can repair your staffsaber, It would be my honor and a delight as a saber enthusiast. I understand if you would prefer to do that yourself. Let me know.

*Bows low to the Slayer of Jedi Masters, and The Mighty One Over Mandalorians*

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    You have my permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows on one knee and lowers head and mask to chestpiece*

Thank you Master @Nehru_Amidala

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: A classic case of someone new to the this whole thing, jumping in without asking questions first. And you know what, that's ok. We've all done it at some point or another. So don't feel too bad @clone commander bossk, just take the lesson from it and improve.

The god-modding damage and controlling another's character. This has been answered chiefly already. Unfortunately, you broke this rule a couple times and so it was returned to you. Understandably, this was largely because you were unaware of the RPing etiquette. This helps you. Those who know of the rules, but choose to ignore them anyway, now those are the ones who will truly be in trouble.

The changing of your character. I assume you meant @greyjedi125 stating you were a trandoshan? Everyone else seems to have missed the understanding of this question. I have not. Grey, my old friend, you might have gone too far on this one. *turns to Bossk* However, I believe the mistake was made due to an assumption based on your screen name. Clone Commander 'Bossk'. An innocent mistake, but one nonetheless.

About needing to leave now. No, the fights are for our characters only and not truly between one another. Just because you lose does not mean you are banned from the thread or anything, so no worries there. ;)

I urge you once again to check out the thread I've spoken to you in private about. The Imaginatrium. It'll go a long way in helping you figure out how we do these kind of things here and soon enough, you'll find yourself actually enjoying the duels. Promise! :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    So, this is why I woke up in the middle of the night, I see. [face_thinking]

I agree with everything you stated my friend, but I have to clarify a point. Manticore ( my character ) simply stated ( and assumed ) his opponent was transdoshian because it was yelled by a single supporter in the crowd and the placard 'revealed' as much. How does that in anyway change the character?? *( even if he was from a different species underneath the helmet?)o_O

Indeed, there are no hard feelings on my part whatsoever, if that needs to be clarified, then let it be clear. The Rancor Pit is for everyone, newbie and oldbie alike, and lessons are learned here by both groups. As is, I don't wish to belabor this point or clog this thread with this topic. I pray we all come out the better for the interaction, and I shall bring a fare share of republic credits to wager in the mandalorians future duels. After all, he did reinforce the Sith Temple's broken door with beskar plating. ;)

May the Force be with us, always.

[face_peace]

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Thanks a lot Darth-Elu!

I apologise for the godmodding greyjedi125,i had only looked at the rules of this thread and i wasn't aware of RP rules.I think this may of arisen from my character not having a name. Therefore people refered to me as bossk in the stands,perfectly reasonable.

Sorry about the trouble,hopefully we can all be friends now.:)

Sarge, DarthIshyZ, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    There's no reason why we cannot be. We can do more together as friends, and that's not me being cheesy ( well, maybe a little bit ). *extends hand in friendship, but keeps an eye out for that hidden dagger! :p

10. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    *takes hand and shakes*

Sarge, Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and 3 others like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is this the part where we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya? ;)

12. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    That would be sweet but... um... uh... it would be strange... Jedis holding Siths' hands... Awkward...

Sarge and clone commander bossk like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It happens, check out Star Wars The Fate of the Jedi books.

[​IMG]

14. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    Kato, can you see me holding @Sinrebirth 's hand? No way. Or @Lady Belligerent .... No wayyyyyy.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What about mine? :p

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I could hold both your hands. ;)

Sarge and Sadie Erso like this.
  17. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    *Rey avatar stares at him*
    I know that you Light Side-ish so... maybe...

18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ Please don’t double post.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  19. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh I am all Dark Side, but as I said in a profile post, the Jedi and Sith occasionally team up against a common enemy:

[​IMG]
    Darth Marr (Sith Lord and Dark Councilor) and Satale Shan (Jedi Master)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  21. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    But you never act like the Dark Side when I'm around...

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Sith Code says, “Peace (no war or end of war) is a lie, there is Passion (ardent affection, love),” so that is dark side, the Jedi Code says “there is no Passion (love), there is serenity.” :p

23. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    @Kato Sai ,
    You need to see my posts about Love(Passion) in the Jedi thread.
    I think you are way too light too be a Sith. I mean, you have never scared me like the others.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Hahaha, well its because I believe the Sith can be more than just intimidating. Emotion which we embrace has a variety from negative such as anger and positive such as joy.

The Jedi don’t believs in emotion, “There is no emotion, there is peace.” And yet they say “trust your feelings.” :p

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004