main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    So... it'll be John K. Rowling next year?

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    What do you mean by that? I am not saying it’s official or confirmed, I am just it’s likely to happen So it can compete against Star Wars, Middle Earth, Marvel MCU, and Game of thrones universe.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Glad to hear JK has little to no role in the new game. It’s time she leave the franchise for good

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Won’t she still be getting money from it?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably. Yes but she’s ultra rich anyway. Me buying a game isn’t going to change that or not.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  6. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Is jk Rowling sell more film and tv shows copyrights of Harry Potter to Warner brothers like what George Lucas did selling to Disney?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I guess even when this game does get made, it will not be considered canon.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t see why it couldn’t be canon to say the movies? I mean they’ll have very little to do with the books or movies

10. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah I knew that part of it not taking place during the movies. I am just not sure of the canon level.

Do you think HBO max might make Harry Potter tv show spin offs or peacock maybe?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Depends on what Warner wants to do with the property.

12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

Ok cool but I think it’s most likely to happen at some point.

Especially if HBO max wants to really compete with Star Wars and etc.

13. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I don't think WB can do anything they want with HP IP because JKR has retained that. I think they just have agreement with her to turn her stories into movies, games, etc. Not to create new stories. So if they want new HP tv shows or any new stories, it has to come with JKR agreement.

14. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I also agree on that too but it does seem to me she is losing the Harry Potter franchise due to her transphobic comments.

That’s why I think we might have a better chance for tv shows of Harry Potter content as she is slowly losing her rights.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She still has final say. If she wanted to I am sure she could pull out of working with Warner

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It's my understanding JKR has full rights to Harry Potter. She is however in a partnership with Warner Brothers for movies.

My guess is some day we see a 7 season Harry Potter TV series retelling the books. But that could decades off.

Someday we'll also see the further adventure of Ron, Harry, and Hermianie in movies with the original cast. Just too much money in that. Those might be orignial works without books.

17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I still believe we will get tv shows of Harry Potter at some point, more like later than sooner. Especially since middle earth, game of thrones, Star Wars are starting to Get those kinds of treatments.

Walking dead is becoming a universe full of upcoming movies and tv shows.

Batman has and is going to have lots of multi universes movies and tv shows. Both live action and animations which I am excited about.

Sorry if I am a little off topic, it just we live in a time expansive entertainment.

It’s exciting.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how everyone hating JKR will effect future movies

19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Effect maybe, but no more movies or no tv shows, I doubt it.

20. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Looking forward to the game. JKR will rebound.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Weren’t people freaking out about Johnny Depp right before Fantastic Beasts started? And he has rebounded a bit right?

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Depends on the outcome of the libel case, would not be surprised to hear about recasting plans.

23. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    How is she losing her rights. Not sure what you mean. I mean there are rules and laws here. She won't lose her IP unless she wants to give it up like GL did. Any hate she is getting from twitter and internet has no power over anything. WB also won't do anything to upset her because she can take her toys and go home. They need her more than she needs them. I don't know how far reaching their deal with her is. For example, can they turn HP into tv show being it live or animated or do they only have the right to do the movies they did and future reboots. Do they have the right to turn any new stories to movies or do they have to get new deal like if they want to turn Cursed Child into movie for example. All I know is, HP IP is hers legally. No new canon stories be it whatever media can happen without her involvement or blessing.

As for me, I don't want new tv shows or movies. If any new stories happen, I want her to write a book first. Is bad enough we are getting FB story adapted through studio notes, director, actors, etc. We are not getting full canon from her to us directly. Is more like secondary canon because of all the hands it has to go through. HP movies don't come close to the books and it is sad that we can't have that same experience with FB. Still hope she releases her OT FB scripts or turn them into books.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s because by this point it’s more or less proven that Amber was the one who abused him and is a lier. JKR thinks what she says is correct so unless she changes her wrong opinions no one will change how they think of her.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I can see what your point being made and you are correct, and I do think there will be some Harry Potter tv Shows

The reason why I believed that Jk Rowling was losing the Harry Potter franchise is because she has less say in the video game coming in 2021.