main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Who do you want to appear in the Kenobi show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 11, 2020.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's Disney.
    They have to make a live action version.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I get the sense Disney are fully aware of how popular clone wars is and would like to bring as much of it to live action as possible.

DarthKreVass and CampOfSorgan like this.
  3. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Bail Organa. Some kind of holo-message where they discuss their relative roles and what they intend for Luke and Leia's futures. Cause I kinda wonder what the plan was before R2 crashed on Tatooine and Obi-Wan died. Like if R2 never came, Kenobi certainly wouldn't have let Luke remain a farmboy(?) And Leia would eventually need training.

TadoFett, CampOfSorgan and GregMcP like this.
  4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Padme

Billy_Dee_Binks and Merric like this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Anakin/Vader, Bail, Mon Mothma, the Lars and little Luke for certain.

Sandpeople, Jawas, Jabba's thugs, swoop gangs, Watto, Chalmun and his cantina patrons.

black_saber likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Disney doesn’t control Lucasfilm that much

7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Padme is dead.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Flashbacks with Padme.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  9. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Enough with the flashbacks. All I keep seeing is flashbacks with this person, and with that person. Flashbacks with all the Clone Wars characters. Based on the comments in this thread, the entire show will be one big flashback if everyone were to get their way. If you want all these flashbacks, just go watch the prequels instead. This is nothing more than mining nostalgia.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I suspect the flashbacks in the kenobi show will be done sensibly. fans would love to see all the characters again. but the creative team probably have to work for story rather than work for cameos.

The one character or cameo i do wonder if they will squeeze in is a young ahsoka for at least one flashback scene. even if its not for a big role. just to cement her role in live-action during the PT. as if they do a flashback and not show her. it would continue to not feel like she was ever apart of the live-action stuff. and i suspect thats the opposite to what they want.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    TadoFett and CampOfSorgan like this.
  11. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I don't mean to imply that flashbacks or even cameos cannot be done effectively. I'm having a little fun with so many characters being suggested to appear in a flashback. Same with cameos. Some make sense. Some are very creative, but others not so much, and that's what needs to be refrained from.

With Ahsoka, maybe it feels like she was never a part of the live action stuff, because she was never part of the live action stuff. Her inclusion would just be another attempt to have a secondary, at best, character wedged into the story in an attempt to make her feel more a part of the story that she was never a part of to begin with. She was never mentioned in the movies, but yet they try to make her an integral character. I like Ahsoka, and I get she is a fan favorite, but I think they need to leave her as an ancillary character on the fringe of the saga on the whole. I personally feel it works better for her character and her character's development because keeping her on the fringe allows the writers far more flexibility in telling her story, and allows more creativity in telling her story. And it can be done without disrupting the established canon and story line.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    To be fair we don't know what the story will be or what the flashbacks would intake. they could have Ahsoka appear as a hologram to relay an update or important message of sorts, Anakin thanks Ahsoka and thats the end of her cameo. that would be anough to solidify her part really. it wouldn't need to be about her or anything.

As for mining Clone wars. i have a feeling they are only just getting started with it. and if they do make an Ahsoka show, who wants to bet that they won't call up Hayden to appear in it? whether force ghost or flashback?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    TadoFett and CampOfSorgan like this.
  13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Has anyone actually brought up the potential of characters from Kenobi by JJM appearing in this?

Emilie Ravin from Lost as Annileen.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible but I hope it’s only like Cameos

15. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Watto-Watto is still down on his luck and blames the Jedi for it. Young Luke barters for parts at Wattos junk shop. Watto recognizes the name Skywalker and finds out he lives with the Lars's. Putting two and two together and knowing that the Empire eliminated the Jedi, Watto tries to find a way to profit off his knowledge of Anakin's son. Kenobi, trying to live a life of peace and non-violence, must try to find a way to keep that from happening. Either a heartwarming tale of Kenobi teaching Watto forgiveness or a moral conundrum of Kenobi debating whether he has to kill Watto (and possibly finding a clever way of stopping him without it)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    B3 likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’d like to see a flashback of Annileen.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  17. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    I like to see Boss Nass.

His actor likes to return to his role according to this video:

18. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I couldn’t agree more, and maybe we could have more episodes than each season of the mandalorian. The obi wan show is a limited series.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  19. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    How did I never know that Boss Nass was Brian Blessed?!!!!

It’s so obvious [face_laugh] He was born about 15 minutes up the road from me too

antitoxicgamer likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I get the feeling Kenobi is a play it by ear plan, if it receives huge critical acclaim it could be expanded, may be a second season with longer episodes or even a feature length finale
    Because Boss Nass never said...."Gordon's alive?"

Aah Fisto likes this.
  21. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope the obi wan show gets a second season because the more Star Wars of movies and tv shows of quality and quantity the better.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  22. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Nabrun Leids (the Cantina alien with goggles, white flight suit and four arms). Just as a passing character.

The original Brainiac guy that got edited out of the Special Editions (I think).

And lots of new characters please.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  23. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    I just want it to be Ewan Mcgreger alone in his house on tatooine going about his daily life. No dialogue just one uncut shot.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  24. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'd expect at least to se Beru, Owen and a young Luke. After all Luke is one of the main reasons for Obi-Wan to settle down on Tatooine. Secondly, Qui-Gon should be there, either as a voice only or they could keep him a little bit transparent and blurry to help disguise the aging of Liam Neeson (who of course needs to be in the role). I would also expect to see Anakin in some sort of flashbacks. After Mustafar Obi-Wan must have had more than his fair share of flashbacks of his padawan for a while.

Seeing Ahsoka "live" would be interesting, but I guess she wouldn't make much sense for the plot (whatever that may be), so I'd settle with a visit of Asajj Ventress and a good old 'saber fight instead. In theory she could be out on a job as bounty hunter to reveal Luke's identity.

Much as I like the novel "Kenobi" I believe adding an Annileen to the story would not fit well with Obi-Wan's story from the movies, but maybe A'Yark could be somehow implemented in the story, though not as a central figure. [face_thinking]

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    For 6 episodes.

Obi-Wan Webcam.
    Pay extra for the Uncut After Dark package.

B3 likes this.