main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I agree. I think it was meant to be the wrap up Celebration immediately after the ST ended, and that it would have been very ST focused with a few scattered announcements in between. There would likely have even been ST related panels with the big stars of it being able to talk more candidly about it, as well as the first time the ST actors did signings and photo-ops.

I don't think they anticipated such a strong backlash to TROS either, so that kind of turned Celebration into not being the victory lap they probably thought it was going to be when it was first planned. And then Covid happened, and with overall the lack of announcements, it wasn't difficult to postpone it for two years.

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I think that if Cele. would have still happened, it would've been a very uncomfortable outing! wearing a mask all the time, hot weather,smokey air, distancing! you'd probably miss every panel you signed up for and the lines would've been forever! I'm glad it was cancelled, I was even going to try to go to GE.

3. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I got the link for the early shop access, and I want the Mandalorian t-shirt and pin combo, but I’m afraid that will sell out if I don’t jump on it right at noon. $50 though...

4. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    So I sent an email to Reed like 80 years ago about me not getting emails. This was before they rescheduled the convention. At the time, they told me they couldn't help me but would forward my email to their "technical team."

Well wouldn't you know, I've gotten all the emails from Reed regarding the shopping event! Glad to finally be getting emails from them.

5. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I have had the same problem, I have tried multiple times to add my email to their newsletter signup (no luck) and I have tried to contact them on different emails that to some extend have been contact points before. This year I sent them an email in January (heard nothing back), again in June where they promised to forward it to their operations team and big promise, that now it would be ok. BUT IT WASN'T as I haven't received the "info about items in the shop" (sent I think 2-3 weeks ago) and "The shop is now open" email as others have. So now I have tried again. But I don't have much hope. They promise again, that they will forward it to their operations team and NOW I will receive the emails. Yeah right, I need to see it to believe it. Too many letdowns.

I have received the account activating mail and the confirmation email regarding the shop, but everybody somehow got them, so that say nothing about their ability to send me the generic info mails, that many others get. I am so tired of them and their sh**ty way of operating their business. I mean how difficult can it be to add me to that list? I have used the same email for the last seven Celebrations I have attended, so I would think it should be in their system.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    My ESB 40th anniversary shirts that I got at the Celebration store says it shipped yesterday

Darkslayer and LAJ_FETT like this.
  8. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I got an announcement about my order too yesterday, I forgot to order the lunchbox, ugh!

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm not a big shopper normally, the only thing that really spoke to me in Chicago was the Death Star succulent planter. Hope they bring something like in in the 2021 store.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Last week a friend came up with a group cosplay project for Anaheim, and it got me really excited. Both for Anaheim, but also for something new with cosplay, I have been quite uninspired when it comes to SW cosplay for basically the last year, but this could be fun (and it looks comfortable and easy to pack as well).

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I saw someone selling this costume on Facebook last night

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    star_wars_is_good likes this.
  13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I admire cosplayers who use masks, I don't think I would be able to wear one for a long period

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can tell you that wearing a Batman suit for nine hours straight is tiring.

ChrisLyne and Princess_Tina like this.
  15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I couldn’t do a mask either. I remember seeing a mask less Wookiee in line for SWCE2016 and the poor guy was dripping with sweat before the doors even opened in the morning.

16. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Just wear an air conditioned Darth Vader suit or Storm Trooper armor! you have the "mask' already in place! but, no long term, all day and night masks! plus wearing masks all the time on planes, airports, hotels and public transportation, then all day at a convention! UGH.

17. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I got my Mandalorian shirt and pin combo a couple of weeks back. I like the art style of the pins better than last Celebration.

Anyone think they’ll reopen the store for Christmas?

18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm thinking some time between Mando premiere and Thanksgiving. That should give them chance to ship most of it out in time for the holidays.

Hopefully they learnt from the backlash and will just have everything next time rather than keep spreading it out and making people pay multiple postage costs.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm still a little salty that one round through the wash ripped my ESB 40th shirt :(

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. If there wasn't a label on it saying 'Don't wash' or similar maybe you can email the seller about it?

21. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    What was that shirt made of? silk, spider webs? very sad! I'd contact Reed about it since they contracted out that company to make the shirts. Wait! spider webs are pretty strong, maybe tissue paper?

22. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    So Reed Pop told me in August they had fixed the problem with sending emails to the wrong (old) email address...yet they are still going there. I found out yesterday the Celebration Store opened up last Friday to those with tickets when I went into that old email address and found the email...not a thing is going to the correct address...shocker!

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So have you seen the art show? https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-2020-art-show-revealed-exclusive

So many gorgeous Padmé and Leia prints this time, I would have been ruined if I could have picked them up. Now I might still splurge on some, but not as much when I have to count in the shipping and customs fees.

My favorites are:
    [​IMG]
    It's Jerry Vanderstelt so it's probably going to be both expensive and quickly sold out.

[​IMG]

It's so beautiful, but maybe a bit too sad. Could go really well in my empty Padmé spot on my wall.
    [​IMG]

Dawn Murphy is a friend of mine, we got to know each other through the costuming forum here while it was still active. I'm so happy to see her getting into the art show.
    [​IMG]

Not Padmé or Leia, but a simply beautiful image with the whole saga present.

ChrisLyne and JonSB like this.
  24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I got an email from Reedpop to enter to win VIP tickets. Keep an eye out in your mailbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]