main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference 10 ABY: Fringe Elements OOC/Reference Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Jedi in the Pumas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Can I fanboy out... just a little over this game?

There are so many different levels to the characters and so many small differences in how you guys construct your posts that it just... it’s freaking awesome to see.

(WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BLU? SPECIFICALLY)

Right now, seeing how different players and characters interact with the same NPCs, while acknowledging that the characters have different goals and wants is exhilarating.

Chord and Sabel’s bubbling rivalry compared to Chord and K’ir Tor’s friendship and alliance. It’s so fun to write.

Okay. Fanboying over. I’ve just never had a game run long enough for me to actually see these differences in action so I had to blab about it somewhere. @greyjedi125 why didn’t you warn me how awesome this feeling was??

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *Is presently too busy in the midst of feeding his addiction to all the awesome players and characters in Marvel doing all kinds of amazing things in their posts. =P~ 8-}[face_laugh]:p

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Now I have visions of a treasure room with my arm in it! I was skim reading to catch up and my eyes tripped over that image of the room where I made my deal and I went whatttttt.

4. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    We. Got. Connections!

I’m trying not to keep too many things a mystery. But there are definitely some loose ends floating around for any players that want to pursue.

K’ir Tor has been exposed to the waters of Ringilla. Which collects and stores data on every individual that has ever swam in the waters. Through that, he was exposed to Minute.

Minute is part of the Dark Tower with Sera. Sera is working on behalf of the Dark Tower to protect the Jedi legacy, but also to stir up trouble. We don’t always choose the best bedfellows, do we?

The living treasure that enticed the hunters and treasure seekers to go to Nobu Genesi is connected to the Machine world of Crisis, and Uberemonde. Uberemonde is a location on Crisis but also the name of the machine entity that rules over Crisis. This entity, Uberemonde, is an older version of Sera that he abandoned on the planet and trapped there. Uberemonde seeks revenge on Sera for this and is now inserting itself into galactic affairs by:

A: Making a deal with Wapoe and releasing the Huzon Fleet(which will have some very big consequences for the state of the Unknown Region)
    B. Storing, collecting, and transporting intelligence that will tip the balance of power in the Unknown Regions.

That being said, however, the treasure on Nobu Genesi will only have as much importance as the person who claims it wishes it to have. If the Falkirk heir claims it, he might turn around and sell it to the highest bidder. Perhaps Tiona would try to uncover the deeper mystery to the treasure. Obviously, if someone like Wapoe was to find it... it could fundamentally alter the entire existence of Wapoe and give him access to untold levels of power.

And then we have the Ascendancy, the CDF/Empire, the Syndicate, and the growing settlement of Trande. Tek is on his way to save his beloved Deya, but finds himself picking up and working with trickster machine Sera. Will his rescue mission be a success or will he arrive too late?

The underboss of the Syndicate Supreme and his handler are on Trande after following Mara Jade after the skirmish above the Artemis Cradle. What are their intentions now that they have infiltrated Chiss Ascendancy space amid the growing tensions with the Ascendancy? And what are their plans for the Trande Settlement in the meantime?

Lord Sabel has been called back to Csilla, the same Csilla that Borek Tek and Sera are headed towards, and is hoping to discover who betrayed him and how deep the deception goes. maybe the Ascendancy is calling him back to have him executed? Or new developments in the war against the Syndicate?

——-

I say all that to say, I appreciate you all giving me your time and effort and as we are approaching the end of 10 ABY and preparing for the next game’s time skip, there will be consequences and repercussions for the actions taken in this game. And I also wanted to point towards how while there is an overarching narrative, participation in it is entirely up to the player. Your character’s story is YOUR character’s story. This does not mean, however, that the larger events won’t affect the individual stories.

If the Chiss Ascendancy and the Empire go to war with the Syndicate, it’s going to make it hard for Thallass Falkirk to treasure dive or for Borek Tek to bounty hunt and be with the woman he loves peacefully.

Only 3. More. Episodes. People! Then the time skip!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  5. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Talk about a hell of a way to end an episode!

A warm welcome back to @Kalio_Dynkos !!

Conclusion of the episode will be posted today. Obviously, please hit me up for any intra-episode stories anyone wants to tell.

Kalio_Dynkos and darthbernael like this.
  6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi @The Jedi in the Pumas and everyone. Just wanted to let you know my alerts seem to be misfiring and I did not get the tag for 10ABY until I happened to look in just now. Sorry, I will respond soon. I had been working hard on another little thing with Pumas and Admiral this week anyway. ;)

7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Leigh. Just. Blew. Me. Away.

Not too often I get surprised at what players post. Bernael has done it a few times in the game and so has Grey. But the last post by @Jedi_padawan_leigh takes the cake.

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ECHOING THAT! I've been around these boards for donkey's years and THAT. LEFT. ME. Speechless. =D= Like wow! In an RP, you never know how much is brainstormed between the GM and the player as to plotting, etc., but whew! On the edge of my seat for what will happen with Dathisi next. [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Did I not forward you the memo about @Jedi_padawan_leigh ? She's a Legend where I come from. All Hail JPL! ^:)^

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Aww thanks guys :)

I really enjoyed writing that post. Think it was inevitable that Dathisi would end up under Dices sway, given how powerful and terrible he is. I look forward to exploring this new side to her

That said, if any dark side exorcists/servants of the living force want to pop over to Vas Nihollia and say hello at any point...please feel free haha ;)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  12. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    @Jedi_Ascension

The cognitive dissonance of Unknown following Mara Jade to make sure she’s safe, while simultaneously pulling out his blaster...

EXTREMELY well written.

Also... we got to 300 everyone! Which is beyond my wildest dreams! One game to 100 and another to 300 posts in the same 24 hour period....

You guys spoil me! Thank you!

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    No! Thank you, Pumas.

This is epic.

14. Jedi_Ascension

Jedi_Ascension Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 20, 2020
    Thank you. [face_blush] Happy this game has reached 300 posts. it is very engaging and seems like everyone is having fun. Hope it keeps going!

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Next Episode will be posted this weekend!! I’m excited for the goodiesssss

16. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
  17. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *Grumbles Grumbles*

UPDATE EVERYTHING BLU.... MORE MORE MORE

18. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
  19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Post coming late tonight ( trying not to miss the party! )

21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Shhhhh, still have to start a combo. But haven't had a chance to yet.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    But...but....they is shootin' en swishin' lightsabers already!! and pplz hearts are getting broken.......=((

23. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Uh huh, and I have to deal with a droid hiding everything around the damnable security agent, a bounty hunter around, and one other. Not to mention a Jedi I know nothing about taking an interest in me.

24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I have to say... while in my head the conflict was going to escalate, Leigh, Warmy, and J_A went from 50 to 100 real fast.

Live image of Unknown’s response to the situation:

[​IMG]

25. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    SOMEONE PM me about what they think is going on... I need to vent about the plot but not spoil everyone in the process!! Lmaoo