main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean we are getting 3-4 years of probably really good Star Wars content on T.V...Who cares what the movie do next.

Enjoy what you got because it's probably gonna be really, really, really good.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, we are in the "Future Films" forum. So, it's kind of relevant.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s how I feel. TV is the future.

Shamear likes this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    TV should do smaller stories that can connect to the larger and grander stories while movies do larger and grander stories like sith wars, mando wars and huge wars and conflicts.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Everyone sees Fiegie or Filoni or Favrue is gonna take over Lucasfilm next.

Honestly.

Putting my money now...It's gonna be...Michelle Rejwan.

That is who I think will take over next.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, this is probably the case.

8. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The films still reign supreme over TV, and it will always be that way. All you have to do is look up Trailer views, social media interactions, ect to see that the films get way more pub. Lucasfilm knows they need to nail this next film after a rough stretch recently. I think they are calculating everything very carefully. I personally am very happy we get to wait until 2023, as fatigue is a real thing.

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think whatever they do as long as they just make sure they have good scripts it should be fine.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, someone's "good script" is another one's "they ruined the franchise". You can make sure that the people involved will like it, and you can make sure that it is coherent in itself, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be overjoyed with it.

11. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    That's one of the results of self-appointed film scholars/critics on the internet deciding that EVERYTHING has 80 layers to it. Instead of sitting back and taking a movie/tv show in, they sit there furiously scribbling notes and picking apart every line trying to decipher the secret meanings of things that are meant to be taken at face value.

12. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree. People have been saying 'cinema is dead' since the 1950's. Cinema shouldn't rest on its laurels, but until that experience can be replicated (the shared experience of watching a big film with a few hundred other people), there's nothing like it. It's a bit like saying live music is dead or watching a live football or soccer match isn't the future. Different beasts, one feeds the other (IMHO).

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I am so convinced about this being the case as well.

Regarding what comes next in terms of SW movies, I think the only real deal right now in LFL is a movie by Taika. This movie will be produced by Feige and probably counts with Filoni in some capacity too. If that goes well, the story will be continued with another two movies either with Taika or other director, and probably with Feige's involvement as well.

I believe LFL seems this potential new trilogy as a new venue of exploration at the same level than the TV universe they seem to be building. Gone are the days of huge fanfare that we had with the ST.

Also, in terms of story, I could imagine those new movies being set in a distant past that somehow serves as a historic reference for the TV universe (including mandos, Yodas, etc.) Just a guess.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Rejwan makes the most actual sense.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    That’s a bit of a wait. I hope we get something before then :)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    makes sense to hold off on it if they're wanting full fan capacity

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If they hold all announcements until then, this is going to be a more miserable than usual forum.

It may be time to consider changing the already hope-demanding title "Future Films" to the "Maybe Someday, Possibly Films" forum. :p

19. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The next Star Wars movie is scheduled for December 2023 so we're likely to get some new info on it before next Summer/Fall.

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If only...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah we don't need fan service movie. I hope Mando kills him for good soon enough.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    It's not Boba!!!

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Jango? oh i kinda forgot about him. don't need a movie, just do some comics or animation.

24. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    YOU don't need a movie, doesn't mean everyone else in the whole world thinks the same.

Shamear and Darth Smurf like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Jango is not popular enough to warrant one, and his story isn't all that mutch different then any other bounty hunter except of course being the template for the clones.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020