main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The expectation that the ST be based on nostalgia for the OT befuddles me. The saga is a single narrative told in multiple parts in posterity forever. You wouldn’t want the third act of a play to exist primarily to reminisce about the second act.

Reepicheep775 and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Rey is a good character and rivals Ahsoka in the early seasons of clone wars. She's the female jedi, females look torwards in the future. She's their Luke Skywalker, Anakin and Obi Wan.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I did enjoy that each movie of the sequels was one of the Big Three's swan song. They put the past to rest in doing so. The problem arises in that they did so at the expense of fully developing the new heroes.

Agree. It would have been what Blues Brothers 2000 was to the original Blues Brothers.

First off, Ahsoka isn't a Jedi. She left the order. I believe Rey will start a new Jedi Order, but I think it'll be akin to the ancient Je'daii Order which was made up of both light and dark side users. Luke was more than capable of starting a new Jedi Order. It shouldn't have waited 30+ years for Rey to come along. And if Luke doesn't start the new Jedi Order, more than likely we don't see Ben fall and Rey rise to counter. So Rey wouldn't be in a position to even start a new Jedi Order.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You can say Luke is the catalyst of Rey becoming a jedi and restarting the new new jedi order with new ideals.

Kato Sai and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    TCW should have had some focus on Mace and Anakin's antagonistic relationship.

6. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree, Mace and Anakin have a strained relationship. I think he fears Skywalker’s power.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I imagine the Mace/Anakin relationship parallels the Luke/Ben Solo one - the fear that the pupil may have a tendency to go towards the dark side.

Sarge and Emperor Ferus like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    And yet Mace uses Vaapad Lightsaber form which requires a use and knowledge of the dark side.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Ok sure, but why "and yet"?

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My point is Mace is not one to judge Anakin for using dark side power.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    But I wasn't talking about "using dark side power", just talking about going full-blown Sith (or dark side user) - about turning completely to the dark side.
    In the CW era everyone is either a Jedi or a Sith and the movies, IIRC, never specify what "using dark side power" would be, right? Aside from Luke giving a little into his anger in ROTJ but ultimately pulling back.

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Anakij in TCW and AOTC film uses the dark side to get results, “ends justify the means,” without going Sith. Mace is essentially doung the same with his Vaapad lightsaber form.,

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I don't dispute that, for sure. But it doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying, does it? :p

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I don’t think we had a dispute, just a convo on the matter. I suspect Windu coukd be secretly taijted by the dark side nad coukd have become another Exar-Kun. His desire to kill Palpatine, “he’s too dangerious to be left alive,” makes me wonder if he was pulling a Rule of Two move and he was threatened by Anakin because he senses the dark side in him.

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes, exactly. Saying I don't dispute it is the same as saying that I agree with that. ;)

Kato Sai and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    All women look towards the future? Men never do? o_O

Sarge, PCCViking and Princess_Tina like this.
  17. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I have no opinion on the subject matter, but as for the form of the statement, "All X" does not imply "No Y". In context, however, it does seem to imply "Not all Y" or "Not necessarily all Y"

Sarge likes this.
  18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I nearly failed math in high school so you lost me.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A fellow Arithnostic!

Merkual likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The statement in question was still generalizing X though. That was my point.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think he meant this comment in a positive way...? Speaking with Fredrik the other day (hope I'm not off here) I think English might be his second language [face_peace]

Kato Sai and Darth_Articulate like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im from Norway,:p

Princess_Tina, Kato Sai and Avnar like this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Beautiful country! [face_peace] Yeah, wasn't meant as a slight - was just pointing out that I thought your Rey comment was meant in a positive way.

24. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, gotcha! But is that necessarily a bad thing, considering archetypes are basically generalizations in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Norway is a grand country.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.