main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Autumn Bingo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Aug 31, 2020.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Ahh, one more (because now I've started I'm going to get all five (thanks to my completionist tendencies!))

Same story arc as the last one so posted on the Something Wicked thread

Reap the whirlwind

Cornucopia, Orange, Bounty, Blustery, Festival

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats on getting your third story posted, @Kit' [face_party]I fully encourage you and your completionist tendencies to get five Autumn Bingo stories done. The more Autumn Bingo stories we have, the better in my opinion. I have added your third story to the index so everyone can find it easily.

I've finished my own third story, another Avatar fic, this time focused on dear old Iroh: Fallen Leaves.

Kahara, amidalachick, Kit' and 2 others like this.
  3. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Bravo on completing your first story, @Seldes_Katne =D= I have added a link to it in the index!

Kahara, Seldes_Katne and Mira_Jade like this.
  5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Friendly reminder that there are six days left to post your stories for this challenge!

Kit', Kahara, Princess_Tina and 2 others like this.
  6. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
  7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations on getting another entry finished, @Kit' =D=

I have just finished a Narnia story myself featuring Lucy and Mr. Tumnus entitled: Autumn Feast.

There are now four days left of this challenge, but I have decided that if anyone wants to post a story inspired by this challenge after the deadline, they can provide a link to it in this thread, and I'll add it to the index as an unofficial entry so people can still continue to write stories inspired by this challenge throughout the fall and can find those stories easily in one index:)

8. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Second story up: For Love of Mother Jungle: an ancient tale of Ithor.

I've got at least three more stories I'd like to do based on this challenge (including a Nautolan trickster tale from Glee Anselm), but I'm not going to get them all finished by Saturday. However, I'm happy this thread will be open through the rest of autumn, as I'm hoping to get them done before Halloween.

(Um, I don't suppose there will be any Halloween challenges, by any chance...? :D )

9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Ooo! That's a good point @Seldes_Katne about whether there is going to be a Halloween challenge and congrats on getting story two up (need to set aside time to go and read them now too!).

@Mira_Jade, @mavjade, @Briannakin - any halloween challenge planned? Otherwise I think I might have some ideas...

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mav has a challenge she's been waiting to do (and it's a really great one!), but it's not specifically Halloween themed. If you have an idea, please PM us and we can see if it works! I'm hoping we'll have a couple different challenges to get us all through this weird fall/winter (both from mods and from users) but of course we want to spread things out a bit.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I finished something!!! It's not that good but I finished something!! Planes and Change is now up. I used the line the line quilt+changing leaves+reap+sweater+bounty.

Note: Normally I do try to make challenge fics I write in the West Wing-verse at least somewhat understandable for non-viewers/readers... but this definitely isn't the case for this fic. It basically turned into word vomit. Sorry.

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yay, two more submissions[face_dancing] I've updated the index to include them!

There are now two days left of the official challenge. I will try to end the challenge as close to midnight EST as possible to give people the maximum amount of time to get their stories in before the deadline.

Unofficial submissions are also welcome after the deadline as I mentioned. :)

amidalachick and Findswoman like this.
  13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Didn't think I was going to get this done, but here it is. A Once Upon A Time story featuring Killian, Emma, Henry and Hope using the words Chill in the air+scarecrow+ changing leaves+punpkin+haystack.

Autumn Starlight

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Done! Just

And I shall wear dawn as chapter 5 of Something Wicked. A paraphrased title of the Discworld I Shall Wear Midnight.

Words - Quilt, Changing Leaves, Reap, Sweater Bounty

15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Ah, wonderful to see two more entries and with such beautiful titles too! [face_dancing]

I've added them to the index.

A reminder to everyone that there are only hours left to submit your official entries for this challenge:)

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    B.I.N.G.O. That spells Bingo and the end of Autumn Bingo.

Thank you to all who participated in this fun, seasonal event.

Congratulations to our Bingo Winners[face_dancing]:

@Seldes_Katne
    @Briannakin
    @JediMaster_Jen
    @devilinthedetails

And an extra large round of applause to our Ultimate Bingo Champion @Kit' =D=

A full index of the stories written for this challenge can be found in the second post of this thread:)

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, I am too late, am I?

Here my story!

The past weeks, I was very busy with work and health issues, also trying to be brave for the German-Scottish wedding of the former JC member Chilla.

Well, congrats to all the winners!

18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    No worries, @AzureAngel2!

Congrats on finishing a story for the challenge.

I'll add it to the index as an unofficial entry:)

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Findswoman likes this.
  20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yay! Another story:D

I've updated the index.