main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    What's with all the shadows in here? We need better lighting.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    But I thought your luminous presence was enough to light the temple here @Sarge ?

Ok, with my permission the Sith Temple has taken my task and presented it to their members. Last night my time, the results were posted. This is open to all Initiates, Padawans, Knights and Masters alike. It's an interesting comparison exercise, and NO ACTIONS on their responses will be taken.

I am going to call this task:

WHAT NOT TO DO!!!!

There are a few entries, so follow this link and READ THEM ONLY, you may not comment, you may not react to them. You will be whispers, shifts in the air in the Sith Temple, nothing more as you read. Choose ONE of the stories and Tell me, what they did wrong according to the Jedi way of life and our Mantra and Code. Some are VERY easy, some are more subtle, but all are wrong from our point of view.

This can be an essay or a short dot points or maybe - intercept them with your own story! Once again, PM them to me for creative secrecy.

@Mitth_Fisto
    @Ananta Chetan
    @ConservativeJedi321
    @Rebecca_Daniels

@Sarge
    @Anedon
    @Jedi Master Kenobiwan
    @Kyber Acyk
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @Tython Awakening
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha
    @Khalia Octa
    @BookExogorth
    @teamhansolo
    @ThisIsMe1138
    @SkywalkerShine
    @Justin Gensel
    @Tari Narvina

@Sadie Erso
    @jedi_Ashley
    @Force of Light

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done to @Justin Gensel who gave me yet another approach to my original task. As promised 5 points

@Justin Gensel

Having overheard the slavers' plans, Taron first relays this information back to the Jedi Temple. From there, Dell sets out to warn any valid authorities to alert parents of this potential threat, but to do so discreetly. From there, Dell uses his training to stake out and observe the slavers. To determine their resources and numbers, how likely they are to fight if opposed, and what possibilities there are to dissuade such a course. This might include providing 'anonymous tips' to law enforcement to have weapons confiscated or even direct sabotage. Removing tiny, yet highly necessary components in things like blasters or defense shields to make apprehension easier. Of course it may also be possible to simply speak to the slavers directly, but depending upon how long this crew have been in the game, outside of outright influencing their minds aggressively with the Force, other methods may be the only way.

@Bardan_Jusik Points please? [face_batting]

I see many of you have 'liked' my challenge, remains to be seen who takes it up, good points for good responses! ;)

4. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    @ConservativeJedi321

IC: Sadie Erso

Sadie had already unpacked her clothes in her new room at the Jedi Temple, she was getting quite comfortable in this small but charming room that she was going to stay in. She set her lightsaber on her small writing desk as she got ready for bed. She sat down on the ground to mediate in the Force.

Sadie suddenly heard a small creak outside her door, her eyes flew open as she sensed the presence--Darkness. She swallowed. The door flew open--she flicked her hand towards the window curtains. They opened revealing a clear moonlight onto the shadow that was not there. Sadie got up, her adrenaline making her heartbeat faster and much louder.

She looked around and saw dirty footprints on the ground that looked like that the person was running. The door was wide open like the shadow had been afraid...

She sat back down, closed her eyes and meditated.

TAGS: @ConservativeJedi321

OOC: This was kind of hard for me to write but it was fun! Thanks @Adalia-Durron for the help! :) :)

5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Greetings my fellow Jedi. How is everyone?

Spending a week alone in the quiet forests of Bainbridge Island and now have wifi. :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wondered if you were lost wandering the wastelands of Tattooine ? Good to see you back with us.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I think the current state of America qualifies to answer that question in the affirmative. :p

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have to wonder why you went back, were you not safe where you were my friend?

9. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Oh, I'm relatively safe where I am here now too. It's actually nice to be back and experience the culture once again. Been a long time. Really enjoying myself.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Bainbridge Wastes are not to be traveled lightly. :ben:

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Glad to hear that. I have been concerned.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    What's new in our entourage of Jedi? I see we have a shiny new initiate @Sadie Erso and a creative light/ dark side task which I have yet to explore.

Just went for a rainy walk in Grand Forest Park West. Number of Ewoks seen: 0

13. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    Hi!!
    I won't be seeing you guys for awhile so see u soon!!
    S. E.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop Sadie, take care.

I'd love to see your take on the light side / dark side task Ananta!! Walking in the rain? How romantically classic [face_love]

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  16. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    [face_batting] Is that a volunteer to make the wookie cookies this Christams?
    You sure do!

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OK one more late entry to the original Task! Awesome work @BookExogorth !!! I award 5 points to you !!

I urge you all to take a look at the links and read the Sith Reaction to this task, its VERY enlightening. ;)

IC: Edo Vilsa
    Far away planet

The mocaf slipped out of Edo's hands as she heard the horrible plans being discussed. Only a quick reach with the force saved her from drawing unnecessary attention to herself with a spill. What to do?

She reached out with her senses as the group began to leave. Focusing on listening, she heard one say, "Good one Miron," but nothing else seemed too significant. Edo knew that she wouldn't be able to immediately overpower such a large group of people, but she knew she had to do something, so she started to follow them from a distance to give her a chance to gather her thoughts, entering into a moving meditation focused on tracking the group's force presence.

The group finally reached their destination, which seemed to be some kind of educational facility. Edo's heart skipped a beat when she saw some kids playing outside. They're targeting a school? How?

Edo had stopped at the entrance when a familiar voice greeted her. "Hello, miss? Can I help you?"

It was one of the group from the cafe. She had to think quick. "Hello! My name is Ireth, and I was just checking out the schools around the area. I was hoping to find someone around here to guide me around and show me the place." Right, Edo. Like they wouldn't immediately see through that one. "I uh, was just granted custody of my late sister's child, and I'm really clueless about how to navigate her education." Did she buy it?

It seemed the woman was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, as she immediately ushered Edo inside to an office. "Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't work with the school, see, but it's a great place for kids, especially now that they're partnering with the Learn Expedition!"

"The Learn Expedition?"

"Yeah, that's my company. We're an outside non-profit that gives lower-level schools the opportunity to send 500 of their students on a once-in-a-lifetime field trip!"

Wrong. Edo didn't need any of the force's intuition to be absolutely disgusted by such a horrible lie. But she decided to act interested and conclude her visit to the school as soon as she had found enough information both seemingly useful to her as a prospective guardian and actually useful.

After several hours spent frantically searching up all the names, dates, and credentials she had been given, she had to admit that this group was good. Every single member whose names she'd been given came up perfectly clean on the holonet, when she could nail them down from the millions of other people in the galaxy who had similar names. The organization even seemed to have legitimate credentials, and if Edo didn't know any better, she would think she'd made the whole thing up. Only through some thorough data analytics (courtesy of Temple Suppliers) was she able to find any kind of records on these people. Once she found one, the others were not nearly as hard to track down, and it turns out that they were all wanted on some planet called Manaan for various minor legal infractions. Edo frowned. Something is still missing here - going from basically jaywalking to child slavery? So Edo continued her searching. Maybe she could work backwards, searching for someone whose plans were similar and maybe finding them that way. There! It was well-encoded, but that domain held some interesting details.

She knew she had what she needed to discredit this group at least, and hopefully sent to Coruscant's jails for life. She sent a message with all relevant facts to the school board of the region, with a way to contact her if they needed more information.

Edo checked the date. Tomorrow already, huh? Hopefully I can get some sleep before I fly back from this relaxing vacation...

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Here is my response to this challenge:

I chose Bernael's story as the one how not to do it. Firstly before the story even beings his actions in destabilizing an anti Sith government in a covert way causes probably quite a bit of trouble to the people of that world, especially as now their only protection against a brutal conquering Empire is gone. Also it is very much possible that him destabilizing the government was what gave the slavers the opportunity to act in the first place.

Once he listens on the conversation Bernael doesn't show the slightest bit of sympathy for the victims but immediately thinks on how he can twist the situation to his own and the Sith's advantage.

Then he shows his single shred of decency in the entire story by actually paying the bill for his food. Of course instead of taking any actions to stop the slavers or warn the people he instead locates their ship and then lets them do the dirty work for him..

Once the slavers are done Bernael enters the ship, knocks out all slavers save the leader and then proceed, in the typical Sith delusions to call slavers pathetic, despite employing the practice himself.

His following punishment for the slavers might on the surface seem like karmic justice but it's terrible in many ways. Their contractors might not punish the slavers at all but simply send them on another raid somewhere else, but even if they do decide to punish them this could hardly be considered lawful justice when slavers are punished by even worse slavers. Not to mention by dealing with them in this way there is no chance to interrogate them about contractors, co workers and other contacts they might have, preventing justice being brought on them.

Him handing over the slaves to the Sith order, an undoubtedly worse fate than the spice mines of Kessel is the final icing of the cake. Instead of helping these people he made their situation a thousand times worse.

All in all this story perfectly demonstrates how cruel and uncaring the Sith are, how they only seek opportunities where we Jedi seek peace. They do not serve the galaxy, they only serve themselves. As the Jedi order we must continue to stand against them and the injustices they create wherever they go. And it's a tough struggle, but if I read stories like this I am reminded on why I´m on the path of the light.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Anedon This analysis is awesome! Well done !! Very impressed.

I award you 5 points for this!! It's very good.

Bardan_Jusik, Sadie Erso and Anedon like this.
  21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You know what? If another Master Looks at CJ wants to award points to any of my tasks, I whole heartedly approve!!!

Sadie Erso and Anedon like this.
  24. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    Wookiee Cookies?!
    Yes, yes yes! I love making X-mas cookies!!
    And I also make gingerbread houses. ;)

25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I've gotta feeling you're going to have a lot of Jedi wanting you to be their apprentice soon. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.