main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C2 - B5: one of a kind?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by The battle of MAW station, Sep 19, 2020.

1. The battle of MAW station

The battle of MAW station Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2013
    C2-B5 is an astromech droid from Rougue One that appeared in a trailer for Rougue one, but did not appear in any theatrical or home version of the film like Blue Ray.

Could this be the only official and commercial release of an action figure who's character did not appear in any film, let alone the film it was maketed for?

If this turns out to be true, there are issues about value, present anf future, that collectors might be interested in.

If not, C2-B5 is part of a very small list of action figures.

I have the Disney Sideshow 6th scale version.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was a Hasbro figure of Constable Zuvio from TFA. As far as I know the character wasn't in the film.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. The battle of MAW station

Sep 24, 2013
    Yes! And C-3DO was scrapped from TFA also. He was in that "Droid Factory" line of action figures.

C-3DO was the red protocal droid. Mabey C-3PO's red arm in TFA came from him?

"Droid Factory" also had some astromech droids who were scrapped from the theatrical "Clone Wars" pilot movie.

4. The battle of MAW station

Sep 24, 2013
    C2-B5 may have been the only Star Wars character, human, droid, or creature, that appeared in an official trailer, but did not appear in any of the 12 films.

I might be wrong here, but C2-B5 would be unique in this respect, and could be of interest to collectors if this unique status can be confirmed.

Granted, C2-B5 is not rare. He was mass produced with all of the Disney merchandise for "Rougue One".

I have the Elite Series as well as the 6th scale Sideshow version.

When I first saw C2-B5, I was convinced that this was going to be K2-SO's sidekick, like a homage to R2 and 3PO.

But, he is one of the bad guys! An imperial astromech droid.

Iam sure you have seen the evil protocol droid from the VADER comics.

I can't think of a better side kick for him than C2-B5!

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Are you sure he's not in the movie? I could have sworn I saw him way back in the background somewhere
    This is the one right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  6. The battle of MAW station

Sep 24, 2013
    Yes! You're correct. When Jen, Casion, and K2-SO exited the elevator when they first arrived on Scariff, you could see C2-B5 way off in the distance moving toward them at the other end of the passage way, but only for less than one second.

Mabey C2-B5 has the shortest amount of screen time for any Star Wars action figure.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    He was packed in the Rogue One AT-ACT walker that I have. He goes for $10-$15 loose. I'll look for him next time I watch RO.

Princess_Tina likes this.