main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    @Jedi Knight Fett,
    Given how the Empire suffused the known galaxy during the Imperial Period—would you say that a bias hampers narrative creativity through cliché, implausible action, or Deus ex machina to promote a supposed underdog? If so, how may that bias be countered?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    On the weekends I enjoy doing work. Especially with my online classes I try to do all my school work on the weekends and do volunteer stuff during the week. So just work

yes I do. I don’t actually think any of them are real but it’s cool to see how they are said and what they may have been “based on” per say. This isn’t really ghost stories per say but there is this show called Buzzfeed Unsolved supernatural. One of the best series I have ever found on YouTube. Some great ghost stories one of the hosts thinks ghosts are real the other does not. It’s such a wonderful pair.

I know that another question was asked, but I am gonna respond to that tomorrow. I gotta think about that one a bit more.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Jedi Knight Fett

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t really know how to answer this. I have tried to multiple times now. Lol

Chiss are my favorite aliens. Because of you know who.

Favorite culture is the Mandalorians. Thanks TCW for that one

I can’t really say. I don’t watch much fiction besides Star Wars and avatar and for that there is much crossover

Real world civilization I think it would be cool to see something based off of Imperial Japan. Think Empire but more attacked to the Emperor.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to @Jedi Knight Fett for another fun interview. @Jedi Knight Fett, you can feel free to answer the last three questions from @Gamiel whenever you get a chance:)

Now it is time to move onto our next exciting interview with another one of our community's excellent authors, @JediMaster_Jen=D=

@JediMaster_Jen:

1. Do you like pumpkin spice flavored foods and drinks? If so, which are your favorites?

2. Do you prefer apple pie, pumpkin pie, or pecan pie?

3. Which character has the best Star Wars lightsaber design?

4. What is your favorite style of music (country, rock, rap, etc.) and who are some of your favorite singers or musicians?

Gamiel and Sadie Erso like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

More LGBT+ Representation by far there have been a few in new canon but I need more.

I was going to say time travel but Star Wars has already done it. So I can’t say I know.

I don’t like Pie at all actually I know I am a failure of a human.

10. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    @devilinthedetails Thanks so much for picking me! Here we go. [face_dancing]

1. Do you like pumpkin spice flavored foods and drinks? If so, which are your favorites?

I love pumpkin spice! :D My favorite pumpkin spice drink is a hot latte from Starbucks. Favorite pumpkin spice food is definitely cupcakes. Our local grocery store has a box mix and they are fabulous.

2. Do you prefer apple pie, pumpkin pie, or pecan pie?

Given those choices, I'd have to say apple. :)

3. Which character has the best Star Wars lightsaber design?

I've always liked Ezra Bridger's lightsaber/blaster combo design.

4. What is your favorite style of music (country, rock, rap, etc.) and who are some of your favorite singers or musicians?[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a favorite style or genre of music. I listen to pretty much anything excluding opera and jazz. As far as favorite singers or musicians; too many to list here. Some that I listen to a lot though are Keith Urban, AC/DC, Billy Joel, Luke Bryan, Adele, the Beatles, Bob Segar...and the list goes on.

@Gamiel

Don't know that I really have a favorite, but I suppose the Wookies, if you're asking about SW specifically. They are possessed of a strong sense of honor, duty and loyalty which I admire.

Same answer as above.

Definitely the Klingon's from ST. As for how, haven't given it enough thought to formulate a good answer. I know for me, when writing I find it difficult to blend one fictional culture into the lore of another one.

I'd like to see the class system of Japan's feudal period brought into SW. I've wondered where the Jedi would fall. I don't have any real in depth ideas about how, but I'm sure someone much smarter than I am could come up with some good ideas.

I'm not sure I'd change anything. For all of the things I dislike about the newer films and the PT, they are part of the whole and I love SW as a whole. :)

SF?

Meat, for sure. :D

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Easy one what is your favorite lightsaber color?

What is your favorite force power?

@JediMaster_Jen

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-Jedi/Sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character/s in ST deserve to get its/their story told?

13. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    @Jedi Knight Fett Easy one what is your favorite lightsaber color?

Purple. :D

What is your favorite force power?

Mind trick.:p

@Gamiel

What now Legend non-Jedi/Sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

Without going back and reading the Legends books again, I can't answer this one. It's been so long and I have retained so little from the old EU that it's impossible.

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

As I said above, it's been a long time since I've read any Legends material, so it's hard to answer this one.

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

The Porgs!!!! No, just kidding. Although, I'm sure a book about them could be interesting. I'd love to know more about the Fathiers that were seen in TLJ as well as the Vulptex (crystal critters). Last, but not least, my favorite character from TRoS, the Anzellen, Babu Frik! The little dude is fascinating and I'd love to have more info about him.

Which background character/s in ST deserve to get its/their story told?

Temiri Blagg, aka Broom Boy.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Podcasts! Any you recommend?

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    @Gamiel

Podcasts! Any you recommend?

No, I don't watch any podcasts. :(

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?

What would you like to see in the future of SW?

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    @Gamiel

What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?

There isn't anything specific that I'd like to see. I've not read much of anything related to the new canon so I have no knowledge of what might have already been included.

What would you like to see in the future of SW?

More TV!:D I'm a huge fan of The Mandalorian. I really enjoyed Rebels. Not a huge fan of Resistance but I think there is way more of a future for SW right now in television, both live action and animation than I do in terms of films. While I loved Rogue One and enjoyed Solo, I just don't think stand-alone films are the way Lucasfilm and Disney should go.

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

Not a clue. I do not visit the fanon thread at all. :( Perhaps I should.

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

Well, again as I have said above, I am so far removed from reading the old EU I can't really answer this.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    :ben: Yes, you should :ben:

19. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Sadie Erso likes this.
  20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Mostly spending time with my hubby and our kids. We often go hiking, boating, golfing. Just spending time together as a family.

21. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    JMJ,
    Howdy! What are some software tips, tricks, and techniques you discovered as you've pursued writing (e.g., add custom dictionary, keyboard shortcuts)?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

Which background characters in ST deserve to get their story told?

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Hi! :)

Have you ever read Chewie and the Porgs? [face_mischief]

Do you have a favorite hiking spot, or do you like trying different places?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's a cookbook right?

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Not too many to be honest because I'm pretty old school-pencil and paper. [face_blush] Sad, I know.

Asked and answered above. :)

No, I've never read it. I guess I will be now. :D We don't have a favorite spot really. There are some great spots near the beaches and that's usually where we end up, but I wouldn't classify any as a favorite.