main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Congratulations to the winners! :) =D=

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow! :eek: [face_blush] That was honestly the last thing I expected when I logged on this morning, and I'm beyond flattered and touched. Congratulations too, @Raissa Baiard and everyone else who wrote such wonderful stories for the challenge! It made for some mighty fine reading. [face_love] =D=

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very well-deserved wins here! Congratulations to @Mira_Jade and @Raissa Baiard on some jobs beautifully done. [face_party] And well done by all who participated! What a great crop of stories we had, and what a community we have! =D=

5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty, everybody! It gives me immense pleasure to announce our next challenge:

[face_whistling] OTP Challenge #17: Our Song [face_dancing]

So many couples have that one song that's “their” song—whether it's the one they first danced to, one that makes them think of each other, or even just one they both happen to like a lot. Likewise, many writers of romance have songs—even entire playlists—that remind them of their OTPs. Here's your chance to let those songs inspire stories!

In this challenge, here's what you'll do:

(1) Choose a song that in some way reminds you of your OTP. Yes, the choice of song is completely up to you—no numbered lists this time!
    • It can be any song, from any era, in any style or musical genre, etc., as long as it's TOS-friendly.
    • It's OK for more than one writer to use the same song, though there's such variety out there in writers, OTPs, and styles that I doubt that will happen!
    (2) Write a story inspired by that song. And by "inspired" I mean pretty much anything. You can write a straight-up songfic, or borrow/use/explore the imagery or themes of the song, or even include an in-universe performance of the song or a GFFA equivalent thereof. The sky's the limit!
    • Please do specify the song when you post your story. You are also encouraged to share lyrics, a video, or both, but it's not an absolute requirement.

As usual, you'll have eight (8) weeks, and stories will be due on November 18.

[face_dancing] ENJOY! [face_whistling]

Challenge Index: In Competition
    Manhunt by Anedon and Adalia-Durron (OCs Adrian Malek and Marie Firestone)
    Song: “Manhunt” by Karen Kamon (from Flashdance)

You Decorated My Life by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade)
    Song: “You Decorated My Life” by Kenny Rogers

Battle Scars and Bloodstone by Adalia-Durron (Kyp Durron and OC Adalia Tehannis)
    Songs: “Battle Scars” and “Bloodstone” by Guy Sebastian

Seeds of Love Growing in Dark Soil by devilinthedetails (Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala)
    Song: “The Rose” by Bette Midler

How I Met Your Mother by Kit’ (Kithera Rinani and Del D’ladame)
    Songs: “Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, and “To Love Someone” by Ben Abraham

Dance Me to the End of Love by Briannakin (West Wing, OCs Marc Lyman and Leo Lyman)
    Song: “Dance Me to the End of Love” by Leonard Cohen

High Hopes by Bel505 (Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker)
    Song: “High Hopes” by Pink Floyd

Roll Down the Window and Let the Wind Blow by amidalachick (Stranger Things, Steve Harrington and Billy Hargrove)
    Song: “Thunder Road” by Bruce Springsteen

I’m a Believer by Raissa Baiard (Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono and OC Wren Ordo
    Song: “I’m a Believer” by the Monkees

Non-Competitive Entries Index
    Simply the Best by Briannakin (Schitt's Creek, David Rose and Patrick Brewer)
    Song: “The Best” by Tina Turner

Long, Lonely Time by Findswoman (Garazeb “Zeb” Orrelios and OC Shulma Trilasha Orrelios)
    Song: “Unchained Melody” by the Righteous Brothers

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Ewok Poet, mavjade , Kahara and 4 others like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEAGE! SQUEEAGE! So many "standards" are mush fuel especially for me! [face_laugh]

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmm, this looks very interesting!

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, now which one do I use? San’s theme song from Mononoke Hime or And Forever from Big O?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    So excited for this challenge! Sounds delightful[face_love]

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I’ve got three songs for this challenge. Are we allowed to use more than one for our entry?

12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Sure, it's fine to use more than one song / have the story be inspired by more than one song, but if possible, it would help for one of them to be chosen as the "main" one (because it's going to be difficult for me to list more than one song per entry in the index). :)

13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! You guys are fast! But, I'm glad to already have a wonderfully written story for the challenge to enjoy. =D=

And, speaking of, what a wonderful challenge this is! I'm that nerd who normally has a playlist lined up for every story I write, so this challenge just speaks to me! Now, the question is how do I ever choose which song and pairing to write for? Decisions, decisions . . . [face_laugh] [face_love]

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! An entry already! Got it in the index above. Can't wait to see what this will generate! :D

16. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Hope nobody minds if I use the Japanese version of Nobody Knows Your Heart. The original just sounds better.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And another! [face_dancing] Got it in the index.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I've done with @Anedon, can I do this alone?

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Yes, I think that's fine, since the collaboration can be said to count as a different enough "author" than the individually written story. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  21. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Re: the last challenge

Congratulations @Mira_Jade and @Raissa Baiard! [face_dancing] And my sincere appreciation to all the other writers too, this was a fantastic bunch of fics and I enjoyed reading them very much!

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, got it in! Wow, we're up to three entries already--pretty good with three weeks left to go! :)

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Keeripes! :eek: I guess I should start the brainwheels turning, then! It will be easier once the current chapter is out of the way, though...

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Just for fun, alongside the current competitive OTP challenge, our stalwart and awesome @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha has proposed the following new noncompetitive challenge:
    Happy Endings
    So, this challenge is dedicated to the couples in SW—from EU, films, TV, or anywhere else—that you wish could have had a better, happier ending. No better folks to give it to them than you, my awesome OTP-writing peeps! :D [face_love]

And here's the cool thing! Because I know so many folks have written awesome stories of this type already, I'm going to allow you to add them to this index retroactively, if you so choose! So, if you already have a posted story that is of this sort, let me know here, and I'll put it right in. (And yes, earlier challenge entries—from any challenges—are welcome, too!)

As with all noncompetitive challenges in this thread, this one is always open, and there is no deadline. Feel free to enjoy and indulge whenever you want! :)

Index
    Homecoming (chapter 6 of Redemption) by Anedon (Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka Djo)
    Together Again by devilinthedetails (Shmi Skywalker Lars and Cliegg Lars)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020