main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Shudder announced today it has passed the 1 million subscriber mark. I think that's just horrifying.

The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Scary, even.

EDIT-

Hulu: "Disney-"
    [face_laugh]

EDIT 2- In the wake of the Paramount+ rebranding of CBSAA announcement, the Paramount Network will become the Paramount Movie Network.

It'll be focusing on producing 52 original TV movies a year and one mini-series or scripted series per quarter, ala Yellowstone. Current non-scripted shows are being cancelled, with only a few like Bar Rescue and Lip Sync Battle being moved to other ViacomCBS networks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    **** they are canceling Ink Master, one of my favorite shows. **** that, I am canceling my now Paramount+ subscription if they're going to do that.

Reaaaally hope some other network picks up Ink Master :(

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beneath the jewel case, lies the future....

[​IMG]

Saraband recently released this first volume and, hopefully, there'll be a second. This one basically has one disc with the full score to the pilot film and a second disc with selections from the first season.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    All seasons of SNL are coming to Peacock

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So they’re lowering the price as an apology, right?

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You realize they already have a free version, right?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Exactly. Pay me and then we’ll talk.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For UK folks - according to the TV magazine I got with the Mail today the following Disney channels will close on Sky and Virgin as of Oct 1 - Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Jr. Shows will move to Disney+. This is due to the failure of Sky, Virgin, and Disney to reach an agreement on carrying the channels. The Sky Disney Cinema channel will stay. Fox and National Geographic are unaffected at this point.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Roku is Splitting off App, Adding Apple AirPlay Support, Allows HBO Max to Finally Stream on Roku Devices.

Roku is taking a bite out of rival Apple’s book – announcing a re-designed version of its top-of-the-line Ultra media player, along with announcing plans for a new standalone app for its free Roku Channel later this year.

One key addition, along with upgraded 4K HDR and support for Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos, is that the company plans to add support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit for select 4K Roku models in the next few months.

This provides a way to stream HBO Max on those devices. Roku has not supported WarnerMedia’s HBO Max natively since its May launch as the parties continue to discuss terms.

Roku Ultra will remain priced at $100 and will ship in October. Roku reportedly boasts 43 million active streaming accounts as of the end of June and easily holds the lion’s share of the U.S. domestic market. Overseas however Roku has little traction, beaten by Apple with the five generations of the Apple TV box having reportedly clocked up at least 53 million global sales as of a year ago.

The Roku Channel app will also be made available as a free mobile app for iOS and Android smartphones – split off from the regular Roku app. The new dedicated mobile app doesn’t require you to have a Roku device, will also be available on the web, and delivers free, ad-supported on-demand entertainment and live TV channels along with access to premium subscription services.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    This is misleading. You still need an Apple device to stream HBO Max. Just give us a native app. I tried Chromecast and the streaming just doesn't work.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The easiest way to stream HBO Max on Roku devices is to have it as a Hulu or Amazon add-on.

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It sounds like the feature that will allow you to stream HBOMax will be added in a few months time, it doesn't say it's included right now.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah but I get it for free with my Spectrum Cable subscription, and I don't want to pay for it again.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Been watching HBO Max's Raised by Wolves (it's on CTVSciFi and Crave in Canada, Bell bought the rights to all HBOMax content) and it's one of the most Ridley Scott things I've ever seen in my life, pretty awesome. White android blood! Crusades and religious zealotry! Space aliens!

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    harold ramis died like five or six years ago, right? this must have been a large/long project for him to be involved.

that looks fantastic, btw. looking forward to it.

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    First look at Jim Carrey's turn as Joe Biden.
    Can't wait!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The final season of GLOW has been cancelled, even though they had previously given it the green light :_|

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There’s been a few shows that have been unrenewed due to present circumstances. Up until now, that usually only happened with Syfy shows. ;)

Princess_Tina likes this.
  22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    And in other news, all Disney movies on iTunes are now finally available in 4k, including all Star Wars and MCU [face_dancing]

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. ManMDC6691

ManMDC6691 Jedi Padawan

Nov 15, 2019
    I just completed watching all of Super Sentai from Shout Factory on Tubitv.com which Power Rangers is based off that runs from Jetman to Hurricanger. I have to say that Super Sentai is better than Power Rangers IMO even though I still love both. My two favorite shows that I watched are Jetman and Dairangers. Whats amazing about Dairangers is one of the music sounds like the imperial march theme from Star Wars. I recommend checking out Super Sentai from Shout Factory on Tubi.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    SNL getting a new musical guest this weekend because the original one's covid-fail