main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Americans, who will you vote for in November 2020, for President?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Apr 10, 2020.

?

Americans, who will you vote for in November 2020, for President?

1. Trump

6.5%
  2. Biden

50.8%
  3. Libertarian

3.2%
  4. Green

4.0%
  5. Someone Else (who?)

8.1%
  6. Not Voting

2.4%
  7. Can’t Vote / Not American

21.8%
  8. Undecided

3.2%
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I believed in Creationism, was against abortion, against LGBT stuff. But oddly enough a democrat. My family was conservative democrats.

2. Phil Swift

Phil Swift Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2018
    Don't be so sure about that
    We're working on our biggest repair job yet. If Biden was in the picture instead of Trump, it wouldn't be good for marketing.

Also, I was bribed.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    The exact same here. The JC was much more effective than anything else at changing my thinking on a lot of issues. There’s something to be said for hanging out on an online forum where no one gives a **** about your feelings and everyone is perfectly happy to pounce when you’re wrong, glorying in demonstrating how dumb you are.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Deliveranze, Ghost, FatBurt and 7 others like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Makes me wonder how different my political beliefs will be in 9 years. I have definitely leaned a lot more left since trump took over. Let’s just hope I don’t become some jackass conservative who laughs at the fact that I thought people should be treated equally. Although I highly doubt that will happen. I think Trump nocked any bit of conservative out of me.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    are those game of thrones cat people holding you hostage again?

listen, fat. cut the malarkey, like you cut those boats in half. vote for jill biden.

CT-867-5309 and Point Given like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s a doctor so she can cure Covid! Brilliant

7. Phil Swift

Phil Swift Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2018
    Like anyone could hold me hostage. I'd saw them in half and not fix them using the power of Flex Tape, or any of the other Flex Seal family of products, which you can purchase using the link in my signature. 10% off when you use the word "Trump" at checkout.
    If anyone tried to cut the malarkey in half I'd fix it right back up again, using any of the Flex Seal family of products, which you can...

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That's called pulling an Alex P. Keaton

9. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I'm gonna vote for whoever is leading in the polls when I fill in my ballot. I just want to be a winner.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Toot that Trump train

toot toot

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don’t know if my teenage crush on Michael J. Fox came from Alex P. Keaton or Marty McFly, but either way I was fairly conservative as a teenager and considered Alex P. Keaton a role model and probably would have voted for Bush 41 in 1988 if I had been old enough.

I’ve gone steadily further to the left as I get older. I’ll probably catch up with @Lord Vivec and @vncredleader if I live to be 100.

Deliveranze, Ghost, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    lol. If things get even worse you might surpass us. I love the reworking of the old adage "if you're not lefty when you're 20 you have no heart, if you're not right wing when you're 50 you have no brain" to make it more accurate to what studies have shown.

"if you're not lefty when you're 20 you have no heart, if you're not right wing when you're 50....you didn't survive your heart attack". Cause the reason older people are more conservative has a lot to do with poor people, minorities, people who do hard labor, not being allowed to live that long. It is not universal, but it is more likely for a sheltered person of privilege and with conservative views and conditions to outlive others
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/201...-dont-survive-to-become-seniors-who-vote.html

poor yorick and Emperor Ferus like this.
  13. Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2020
    [​IMG]

I love the good US of A! Trump pledges to defend the America I have always known, while Biden is possessed by little demon people who want to take my very legally obtained cash dollars. If Biden was president, this would be IRS:

[​IMG]

But I would not give them my dollars! Because they are my own! My totally not money laundered dollars. This is why I vote for the man Donald.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I have ranked choice voting

so I will cast my first vote for the Green Party, like the poll says I did.

and in the off chance that Democrats don’t get a majority of the vote in my state of Maine, my second ranked vote will go to ******* Biden.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I live in CA, which is reliably Democratic, so I don't see my vote as making a much of a difference. I will probably write-in Bernie.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Likewise Biden isn't winning Missouri, so Bernie it is.

17. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I live in Michigan, so my vote could conceivably matter. If there weren't that chance, I'd write in something--Bernie, or Tardar Sauce the Cat, or Hitler's Undescended Testicle, or any "lesser evil" I could think of.

Sadly, I feel backed into the corner of voting for ****ing Biden. That's pretty much just like Thelma and Louise shifting gears in their car so they go off the cliff in 60 seconds rather than 30, but I'd just like to slightly delay being burnt at the stake by the Rittenhouse Youth, you know?

Of course, I live in a deep blue pocket of the state, so it would be quite easy for the ballot boxes from my zip code to get mysteriously "lost." So that way I could both sell my soul and also have it do no good at all! [face_dancing]

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Sigh. Found out tonight my mom, who voted for now-Biden supporter Kasich in 2016, is gonna vote for Trump this year.

So much for principles. I now know I have to vote for Biden to cancel out her vote, and it ****ing sucks.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  19. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
  20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Worth checking that that will be counted, or considering if there's someone that will be counted. In theory there should be a list about write-in candidates, but the secretary of state website for the election appears to have been redesigned to be utter trash, it used to be easy to find information on there like who the qualified write-in candidates are but I can't find it.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I would argue that we should vote for Biden even in states where it doesn't make a difference. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million, and that's been used as a strong argument for abolishing the Electoral College. If Biden wins the popular vote by a larger amount, that will make the case for abolishing the Electoral College even stronger.

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Similarly, voting, but not voting for either of the two party candidates, makes the case for abolishing a system that favors a two-party system even stronger. Be it not voting, or voting third party.

23. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    IMO, demolishing the electoral college is the first step to dismantle the two-party system. As long as it isn't done, third-party candidates won't be anything other than an adjustment variable who gain 0 electors while altering the way the two parties have to campaign.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Glitterstimm, heels1785 and Rew like this.
  24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think too much gets blamed on the two-party system. No, it isn't ideal, but in other countries that have multi-party systems, much the same thing occurs. You have a larger, more centrist party forming a coalition with smaller parties, which is then for all intents and purposes the same as one of our parties.

I'd say the real structural factors distorting democracy are 1) the lack of strong labor unions to counterbalance the power of big businesses, and 2) the Senate. The Electoral College, maybe a distant third.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ranked choice is what is needed to demolish the two party system. I would prefer a no party system, but unlike ol' George Washington, I know that that wishing it weren't so isn't going to make political parties go away.

Getting rid of the Electoral College - and let's face it, no other nation has anything like it - will be a step towards being a more representational government. It was a garbage compromise with smaller states that didn't factor in the concept of new states being created, welded to the failed safeguard of keeping demagogues out of office because people are idiots.