main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    That is wonderful news, please do not strain yourself. Take your time and heal, we shall be here my friend.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Glad you are alive and well, it was becoming a worry in this Covid World. [:D]

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
  4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Walks the Gardens, and groves, taking in the beauty of nature.

[​IMG]

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Simply walks alongside @Kato Sai , enjoying the peaceful gardens. The Force is with us.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I pledge myself to The Way, to the Force, to the Path of Balance, and the Teachings of the Gray Jedi.

*Bows in a grove, feeling the winds lap through the tree branches swirling around me*

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Basks in the peaceful moment, smiles faintly and speaks words of encouragement:

The Force is One

Through Passion, We gain Focus

Through Knowledge, We gain Power

Through Serenity, We gain Strength

Through Harmony, We gain Balance

There is Only the Force

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Soaks in the words of Caretaker Polmoth*

Yes.. I feel it.. Caretaker it is so gentle yet powerful, serene yet passionate.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Just now getting to reply to this properly, don't mind my tardiness. Also keep in mind this uses a lot of headcanon, because the Grey Jedi are all but fanon and headcanon is pretty much the only way to establish their lore.

Not quite. I still differentiate two different uses of those powers, because in our eyes powers aren't inherently light or dark, but rather a reflection of the user's intent. While I also don't believe in a "lightside" or a "darkside", I still believe that caution must be taken when using the Force, because even though there is no light or dark, the emotions one uses to channel the Force will affect the outcome.

The Emperor used an extreme amount anger and hate to channel Force Lightning, and that's why it so destructive in his hands.

Consequently, Rey's Force healing was fueled by much more benevolent, compassionate emotions.

When you flip these two, for which we thankfully have two canon examples for, you'll get different results.

When Rey used Force Lightning, yes it was destructive but she couldn't control it. She did use negative emotions to channel it, but it wasn't under her control because she wasn't trained to channel the Force in that manner, but rather discouraged from it. So without any proper experience she effectively let it loose on accident, after losing control of her emotions.

A little known fact, is that Palpatine used the Force to heal Darth Vader and keep him alive after his duel on Mustafar, but since a Sith doesn't draw on the positive emotions that a Jedi calls upon for the same ability, he couldn't hurt stitch his wounds back together out of thin air. Like most other things the Sith appropriated from their ancient Jedi origins, like Force Ghosts (Sith ghosts were bound to objects or locations, and lacked the overall freedom a normal Force Ghost does), he had to find other, more malicious means. Palpatine didn't keep Vader alive out of the kindness of his heart. He was furious with him for his failure, and rather than allow his suffering to end by allowing him to die or healing him in a more benevolent manner, he magnified it. Not only did he put him in a suit that forced him to live in constant agony, but he only was able to keep Vader alive by draining and killing Padmé.

Actually... My own character is a very good example of my take on this subject.

You see, Kev-Mas is a Sun Guard. An ancient warrior culture that in their golden age during the old republic were conquerers, whose feats in that area rivaled the Mandalorians. When Kev-Mas revived the Sun Guard a couple weeks after the Battle of Endor, he added in Grey Jedi teachings to their belief system, using the Thyrsian religion, which was heavily centered around symbolism and prophecy, to work them in. It worked, because the Empire had all but destroyed the cultural identity of the Thyrsian people and nobody could remember exact details about their ways. Ironically, Kev-Mas was the only one alive who remembered the old ways, and even further ironically, he was the one responsible for their oppression during his time as an Emperor's Hand and commander of the local Garrison base (I'll get back to that part later).

Anyways, around 7 ABY, the Sun Guard were growing at a decent pace and he started working on his next project: expanding his territory, returning the Sun Guard to their former glory. However, conquest was not an option, at least not conquest of the known Galaxy. That would disrupt the Balance of the Force too much, or the equilibrium, as the Sun Guard called it. Instead, he set his sights beyond the known Galaxy. Wild space, to be exact. From there, the edges of the Galaxy, not only could he restore the Sun Guard to their former glory, but keep an eye on the Galaxy from their territories that practically surrounded the perimeter. From there, they could easily spot potential threats to the equilibrium and intervene quickly and discretely, given they had the necessary resources to do so.

As for Kev-Mas' darker past I'd say I'd get back to, he was a literal mind slave to the Emperor. Using a Sith talisman, he forced him to do his bidding. His individually was all but a cover to allow him to serve his different roles in the Empire (Shadow Guard, and then Stormtrooper Commander, the latter being a cover for his real role as an Emperor's Hand). He committed terrible atrocities to his own people and had no free will to stop himself, much to his own chagrin. After Palpatine's first death, he was freed from this control, effectively permanently because the Emperor didn't reappear until he had already willed himself away to the netherworld of the Force.

How does this relate? It relates to my view, or at least Kev-Mas' view on the role the Empire played in regards to the Force. He understandably despised the Empire, and backed up his own personal reasons with grey jedi teachings, which he learned from an unknown echo in the Force that helped him escape the Empire (which was actually Sekot, otherwise known as Zonama Sekot, the living planet. Though he did not know of this, or even that the planet existed). He felt that rather than the Empire being the Force's design, he believed that it was simply just of Palpatine's design, reflecting the state of imbalance present in the Force during his reign. He felt that any form of personal ambition that came at the cost of innocents was an attack on the Force itself, and if successful at such selfish goals, one would throw the Galaxy into chaos, throwing the Force out of balance.

If the Sith is minding their own business doing their own thing, they don't. They aren't zealots like the Jedi who go full deus vult mode when they find out there's Sith somewhere, going on a crusade to eliminate them simply because they're Sith and old habits die hard.

Unfortunately, given the nature of the Sith, it's almost impossible for them to mind their own business when given the opportunity to cause mayhem. When that happens, that is when they will fight a Sith.

As far as the Jedi go, there's only one example I can think of in established lore (legends) where someone who could be considered a Grey Jedi has fought a Jedi. Though this one is actually only a Grey Jedi by the definition of a Jedi Order far in the future, that being the New Jedi Order in legacy era using the term to describe anyone who follows Jedi teachings but isn't a part of the order. This includes exiled Jedi, those who left the order, and any other outside Force users who followed Jedi teachings, like the Imperial Knights.

The example comes from the Knights of the Old Republic, in which Zayne Carrick, an expelled Padawan, is harassed by Jedi and forced to fight them repeatedly. Though this is a bit of a stretch and he wouldn't be a grey jedi by my own personal definition, Zayne would've at least be considered a grey jedi by the definition of at least one Jedi Order, and he did fight Jedi.

As far as my own definition however? As of yet I don't think there has been any instances of that happening. However, if a Jedi, or anyone for that matter were to do something that could potentially, that does cause an imbalance in the Force or interfere with their work on preserving it, they need to be prepared to face the blade of a Grey Jedi.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You have given me much to ruminate on @Kev-Mas_Colcha , now that I have pledged myself to Gray teachings I shall meditate on what I have learned from your answers.

Should I address you in any particular manner, as I call @greyjedi125 Caretaker Polmoth?

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I saw that! Welcome to the grey jedi, hopefully your experience here will be an enlightening one.

You can refer to me as Supreme Sun Guardian, Kev-Mas Colcha, Kev-Mas or just simply Kev.

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Supreme Sun Guardian it is.

My name here shall be
    Dynamikó Nkri Tzénti, which literally means Gray Jedi Potential, which I derived from the Potentium Sect, and that I am in process of exploring my potential as a disciple of the Gray, when I am oneday more learned in The One Force, and deemed worthy by my training here and the wisdom of you Masters, I will drop Dynamikó (Potential) and be simply Nkri Tzénti (Gray Jedi).

Call me Tzenti or Zen for short.

This temple is most serene, a welcome place of tranquilness for this Wayfarer. At last I have a place to rest my weary soul and learn of the Living Force. I have found my home.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Cool name, is it derived from a real world language? Linguistics and conlang of that sort is something I'm fairly into. I actually have a few phrases and a little bit of grammar syntax developed for a Thyrsian language, based on a hodgepodge between latin and icelandic.

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed it is Supreme Sun Guardian @Kev-Mas_Colcha, Dynamikó Nkri Tzénti is Greek.

Dynamikó
    is Potential
    Nkri
    is Gray
    Tzénti
    is Jedi

I tried Gray Jedi in a few languages, but Nkri Tzenti felt right, I loved how its pronounced, and that Zen is in the name which is very suitable for a follower of the Gray Way.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Big on titles I see @Kev-Mas_Colcha :p

Here, I'm just Adalia or Addie ;)

Kato Sai and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Rises from a stone bench in the Garden.

Hello Adalia @Adalia-Durron , its good fo see you here in this sanctum.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm around.........never far from anywhere in particular :p ;)

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    @Adalia-Durron
    Are you a Gray Jedi as well as Jedi Master/Council Member of GoL?

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not making a claim to that..........but I have RPG characters that fall into this category. ;)

Amber Tehanis
    Adalia Tehanis
    Cousins, their grandmother is to blame!

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I also am in the GoL... But with a different character. My Jedi character is still related to my Grey Jedi character though, and even has the same first name. Kev-Mas III is Kev-Mas I's great great great great great grandson.

Adalia-Durron and Kato Sai like this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Was not Kyle Katarn a Gray Jedi? He if I recollect wielded both Light and Dark Powers. @Adalia-Durron do you know if I am correct in this assessment? I know Kyle was also part of The New Jedi Order.

I know Revan (in the Novelization) wielded both the Light and the Dark as One, and believed The Gray Way, “He no longer clung to the simplistic ideals of right and wrong or good and evil. He understood better than anyone that dark and light were intertwined in strange and complex ways.” (Revan, Drew Karpyshyn)

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The GoL is set in the future, so the Jedi Master there is the great great great grand daughter of one of the above..........actually it is Adalia as Amber is unable to have children..... wow, I'm complicated.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I am a Sith Acolyte in the Sith Empire called Darth Tormentum, under my Master Hekate. There is no connection between Tormentum and Nkti Tzenti, totally separate characters. I am also a Mandalorian named Kaster Mereel. Gray Jedi Sith Mando, I get around. ;)

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You get around!?!? LMAO!!

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I'd actually say that Kyle Katarn, while he did use powers like Force Lightning, wouldn't really be considered a Grey Jedi in my eyes, in the same way that Luke and Plo Koon aren't for using Electric Judgment. For all intents and purposes Electric Judgment is the same thing as Force Lightning, it's just how it ends up when used in a more Jedi like manner. It's one of those things from legends where they differentiated Force powers that are effectively identical for various reasons. For example, Force Push, Pull, Repulse, etc are all just different applications of telekinesis, but they were separated because in certain games like the Star Wars tabletop games and KOTOR it would've been too overpowered to allow you to have one ability be so versatile. For Electric Judgment, they probably decided to give it another name because they figured it'd be too controversial for an already established Jedi character like Luke or Plo Koon to use a power that is primarily associated with the Sith.

Then, there's also the fact that in universe Force users very rarely refer to Force powers by name, with certain exceptions such as flow walking and the art of the small. The names are only really there so the games they're in have an easy means to identify them, as "you have unlocked the ability to use Force Push" is much more easy to digest than "you have unlocked the ability to channel the Force to create a burst of telekinetic energy".

DarthIshyZ, greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.