main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Of course comment are always appreciated. It will only improve what goes up to have such comments.

Begins looking for pictures muttering "Timothee, hmmm Timothee"

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Because who doesn't love a High Seas Adventure, not much better, than a Fantasy High Seas adventure.

[​IMG]

Sea of Freedom

Give me a ship a crew, a map and plenty of rum, and an adventure will be had. Though the life of a free ship, not bound to any nation or company, is not an easy one. There's the threat of pirates, clients going back on their word, rival companies stealing your routes, or undercutting your prices, not to mention the horrors of the deep. But, even with all those dangers nothing beats the freedom of sailing for you and your crew. And the allure of the pirate's life is always there, to take what is yours and leave nothing behind. A violent, dangerous life to be sure, but the rewards are richer than any trade route. Many humans, elves, dwarves and men and women of all kinds join the ranks of the black fleets.

The sea is yours, the only limitation is your heart and your ship. What will your crew choose, a noble honest life, or the life of a brigand, and Scallywag, hunted by the law. The choice is yours.

The crew is ready, the provisions are loaded, and the winds are high.

Welcome to the Sea of Freedom

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Only if it's set on Carratos. :p

4. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    What's the "fantasy" part?

darthbernael likes this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Having fantasy races, and more mystical elements, the Horrors of the deep being actual horrors of the deep not just stories or overblown natural occurrences.

Edit: Magical ships that require less crew, and a few more magical elements.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    @galactic-vagabond422

My interest is piqued... I myself am rather terrified of the ocean thus any horrors of the deep I will find extra scary...[face_laugh]

7. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    It's true, he can't even drink a glass of water. :p

8. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    It's true I intake all my water via lemonade....:p

9. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't drink water either, woo hoo! An Anti-Water buddy! @Shadowsun :p

@galactic-vagabond422 An interesting idea. Been a while since we had a High Seas game, no matter the overall genre.

*fears there will be a saturation of fantasy games by the time his is done* :p

Any more potential details you could drop, out of curiosity?

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I've had two or three games locked. . .I might be tempted to go ahead and join one more as I am a gluten for punishment o_O

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Well then wheat be remiss to not assist you with that. :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Since Halloween is coming soon I have a small group game idea (5ish players), I will post the intro here to see if anyone is interested. Oh and I am definitely joining the Dune game!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

October 15th, 2020, Derry, Maine

I have been here for almost a week now, no luck so far. I have written tons of pages in my journal, trying to put an order to what I have found. At first it started as a fun project, go to places where there were paranormal sightings in order to find material for my science fiction horror book that I have been trying to finish. Most of these places were duds, full of attention seeking crazies. There have been several potential leads that were worth investigating.

So far I have not witnessed anything supernatural, but there was a gnawing feeling that there was something wrong. Maybe I am starting to buy into the BS. But when I get back to my old notes I started to notice repeating patterns. I even noticed familiar looking vehicles in several of the places that I visited. Maybe I am getting paranoid, but if the people in the conspiracy subreddit that I started to frequent were to be believed, it meant that I must have attracted the attention of Them.

The users did not seem to agree who They were though, some thought it was the government in league with the greys, others believed that they were aliens in disguise, or even the Illuminati Lizard People hiding under the Denver Airport. Either way it is spooky enough. That got me all jittery and made me check on the back mirror to see whether I was being trailed...

Melissa Smith had to step away from the desk where her laptop was sitting. There was a weird brownout, that seemed to be affecting her computer. Given what was happening recently it spooked her mightily. She moved towards the window of the hotel room. It gave her a nice view of the forest surrounding this small town.

She had gone there to chase a lead. Her fictional scifi-horror book was turning into an investigation. She had heard that some paranormal activities had been going on in Derry. Hopefully this trip would not have been for naught. She also hoped that she would get something bigger this time, not just some random scrap.

The sky was dark, even the stars looked dim. Then something caught her attention. There it was! Some light was moving at random over the trees. She reached for her phone and managed to take a short clip as the light suddenly sped up into the sky and disappeared. "What the...!?" she muttered to herself and started uploading the video so that she could share it in the r/UFOWatchers subreddit, where her Internet buddies hung out...

About the Game

This is a small group game, centred around people who are interested in conspiracy theories, urban myths and so on. They can come from different backgrounds, a journalist, an Internet conspiracy theorist, law enforcement, even a potential whistleblower, etc. It is inspired by the X-files, Fringe, Project Blue Book series.

Their first case can be a UFO sighting in a small town, so when starting to investigate pieces from a bigger picture start to emerge. Pieces indicating that not all the wakos and tin-foil hatters on the Internet are wrong.

Genre-wise: horror, thriller, scifi

Here is a CS template:

Name:
    Physical Description:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Profession:
    Bio:

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    What would you like to know? The current idea is once I get a crew together 5 or so if I'm so lucky, have them pick a ship from three types. An Elven ship that is quick and maneuverable but, not very tough and lacking in firepower, would be good for mail carrying, or time sensitive cargo (And in real life Pirates much prefered quicker smaller ships to sneak up on their prizes and take them before they knew what was happening.) A Dwarven ship that is more like an 19th century Iron Clad, but with sails. Tough armor, and big guns but slow and plodding. Would be good for besieging ports and narrow passes, or transporting goods that require security, like a Governor's Daughter or a large amount of money. And last would be a Human ship that is a balance of power speed and maneuverability with an expansive cargo hold for bulk goods: cotton, wool, and other such non perishable items. It would also have smuggling compartments for transporting contraband.

It would be the most sandbox of sandbox games, there would be jobs for the crew to take, or they can simply pick a direction and sail. I would be in my element...Making stuff up as I go along. It would be a collaborative improv writing. And the crew would get lots of time to just bounce off each other, let personalities clash, come together and when the moment is needed fight together.

14. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  15. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Given the recent news about the delay to the release of the Dune movie the OP is being given more time to refine, as I'd prefer to release it closer to when the movie is released, possibly enticing some new writers to join as well and get to see the RPF in it's glory. After some of those refinements are done I will share it here again as well.

16. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    It seems I jumped the gun with The Truth is Out There

I am now in an Assassin's Creed mood, and have developed a game set in the 60s, with a parallel side story set during WW2 set 1944 after D-Day.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everyone remembers where they were on that fateful November 22nd 1963, the day that JFK was assassinated. Everyone was shocked then it turned into anger, demanding answers and they were provided to them. The masses gobbled them with ease, not questioning anything. That too was part of the Plan hatched in 1910 by a secret cabal that referred to themselves as the Templar Order. An order that wanted to shepherd a New World Order under their enlightened leadership, bending humanity to their will and to their vision.

The now dead President was one of their few enemies at high places, who almost managed to put a stop to their machinations, or at least hinder them long enough. But his efforts were in vein. The Templars have people everywhere in every organization on Earth. After all they have been around since Cain. Each generation adding to their power and influence.

Opposing them is the Assassin Brotherhood. An equally ancient and secretive order who fought for the liberation and the betterment of the humanity. They were stretched thin hunting for Hitler's Apple of Eden that was lost at the end of the war. Along with the hunt for the surviving Nazis who were taken to the States, who were now working for the Templars and a certain company called Abstergo.

Meanwhile individuals around the country experienced strange visions. Seeing glowing symbols on walls that no one seems to be seeing. Or their vision suddenly changing, seeing everything in a muted bluish colour and people glowing with different auras. Strange and inexplicable events. Were they going insane or is that some sort of a Communist plot? Or maybe they were part of the MK Ultra experiment?

About the game:

So this is a freeform RPG set in the Assassin's Creed universe, so at least some knowledge will be required. For now players are going to play as Assassins (you can be an initiate - one of the people who suddenly started to experience some of the above-mentioned symptoms or a low to mid level Assassin), though they might choose to betray the Brotherhood and join the Templars. There will be an option for a second character (a Templar, or an ally to either order). The game will start in 1963, but there will be time jumps (like in the game), as well as location changes. The game will start in the US, I left it ambiguous as to where the characters can start off (they will be gathered together), but you can collaborate with other players whether or not your characters know each other or are related in some way.

If you choose to play as a character who is a spy you must know that there are Assassins (and their allies) and Templars (also including their allies) in every intelligence agency in that period.

There will be a separate thread for a side-story involving Assassins and Templars at the last stage of WW2, that will tie to the core game - so if anyone is interested in playing it we can have a separate discussion.

19. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    PM Sent.

[​IMG]

20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
  21. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I think I can launch the game if at least couple more players decide to join ;) So if anyone else is interested please PM me :D

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Not sure if these adverts do anything for anyone, but eh, the Episode X preview thread updated again. ;)

23. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    ソラーの騎
    SOLAR KNIGHTS

In 2123, humanity has spread across the Solar System, establishing colonies on the Moon, Mars, Europa, Enceladus and Titan. This year, first contact was made with a species from the neighbouring Alpha Centauri system. They did not come in peace. An interstellar war has erupted between the invading Centaurians, and humanity.

Technological advances coupled with an accelerated genetic engineering program have produced humanity’s last hope for survival. The Pilots were conceived in the laboratory, their DNA altered and cybernetics implanted to enable them to mind-link with macro-suit mobile weapons known as the Solar Knights. The young Pilots drive these devastating war machines into battle against the mysterious alien adversaries…

[​IMG]

(Just testing interest for now...)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    @Kurisan

Oh my god yes! yesyesyesyes.... 1000 times yes! Where do I sign up? When is launch? Will you accept me playing seven different characters? :p [face_laugh]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  25. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @Shadowsun OK I'll put you down as a potential "maybe"...? [face_laugh]