main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you @Bravo. I'm looking forward to the update. :)

Darth_Elu, Sinrebirth and Bravo like this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I fell asleep at the computer. :oops: It's been a very long week & weekend; I guess it all caught up to me tonight. I-) The good news? The wiki updates are finished for the opening post. Now I just need to post---I'll have those up tomorrow folks.

Sorry for the delay. My Great Dane woke me up at the computer, so I could post this I guess.

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Do take care and make sure not to push yourself too hard, @Bravo. We need our Imperial soldier fix. ;)

Bravo likes this.
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    And we are off and running! :cool: Game open! [face_party]

For our new folks, blue hyperlinks & bold blue hyperlinks take you to the wiki on useful articles of information, or to the Wookieepedia. Either way, I would suggest you click on those links to get useful information & background for the posts, especially if it involves the Kingdom of Jod (KOJ). KOJ info will always be very helpful to fill out the scene both visually and in terms of story.

As a note, the first 3 posts set the story tone from 3 different points of views 8 hours in the future. Then there is a game master announcement that states "8 hours earlier". So please be mindful of that time shift in posting; the Darkest Night is still around Javin in orbit, while the Hunk of Junk is still in hyperspace.

I also responded to tags waiting for my attention. :)

@greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @Laine_Snowtrekker , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral , @Darth_Elu , @Silvertough , @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, you assume correctly my friend. I shall resume posting as Winterkill. :)

Bravo likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Sinrebirth & @Silvertough

Feel free to jump right into the game! I forgot to mention that. :oops:With that said, if you want a tag from me to get started, I can get one going for you tonight. Just let me know. :)

Silvertough likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I feel as if I may need a TAG. [face_apologetic]

Bravo likes this.
  8. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    A TAG would be most appreciated :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bravo and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    First post in The Kingdom is away! Huzzah! [face_party]

That said, oh my. Saraali and Rick are just going to be the bestest friends forever, aren't they. :p

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_waiting]

:p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Details my good man! Details! ;)

Darth_Elu and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Darth_Elu

Best friends forever!!! [:D] Johnson & Deatar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    A pretty apt visual, if I do say so myself. :p

Bravo likes this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll be regulated to my 2014 backup laptop for the next few days, so expect me to be on limited posting status for at least until Friday. Long story short is...

My desktop computer is going in for a full diagnostic. I'm having random shut-offs with no external input to trigger them (2 so far, last Tuesday and yesterday). While first thought is power supply (although a new 700w, you get what you pay for in $59.99 after 5 months of use), Windows 10 also pushed through driver updates and I have an odd one from 2017 that showed up last week when the first crash happened (why 3 years later...Windows Update?). And the 2017 driver update isn't going away, while the others successfully installed. Event Viewer shows a problem on that date of a failed driver update, so we're investigating. Also, my computer turned off yesterday while playing Jedi Fallen Order without external input. So onto of a full diagnostic, I'm getting a fancy new E850w NZXT power supply to cover all my bases. I'm paying the money this time for a quality PSU.

Silvertough likes this.
  15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome back to running on all cylinders, @Bravo. ;)

Bravo likes this.
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you! The Thermaltake 700w PSU was fine, but I ended up installing the new E850 from NZXT anyway. With the NZXT cam software in my H510i case, it's really nice being able to "see" all the background functions of the computer in one place, that you normally need 3 different apps to use. For "advanced users" (definitely not me), you can split the power rails between CPU, GPU, and "other" tasks, essentially categorizing what power goes where. On the readouts, its nice seeing what hardware is using what power. Case in point---right now, utilizing light applications (internet browsing and basic computer functions)----the PSU is at a cool 37c with 82.79 total wattage usage, utilizing 19.75w for the CPU, 12.02w for the GPU, and 51.02 for "other". I'm a nerd for that kind of stuff.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Darth_Elu , @TheAdmiral , @TheSilentInfluence

I have tags for you three coming tomorrow afternoon or evening. I ran out of steam tonight and its near midnight here. [face_tired] Despite a late cup of coffee at 8pm, my body is telling me to go to bed. I-)

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    You're way ahead of me in the computer gadgetry department, @Bravo. lol But I'm glad it's all working out and improvements have been made. ;)

All good on the wait. These things happen and we all need sleep. :)

Except me. I refuse!

:p

Bravo likes this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @greyjedi125

=D=

I did not see that coming, good sir! Great post! :cool:

greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank YOU sir! your update was quite inspirational, lol!! I was like...oh no you don't, LOL!! my boy has something for you! [face_laugh] But, yeah. That was fun, let's not do that again anytime soon, m'kay. [face_relieved]:p :D

Bravo likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Sinrebirth ; I'm going to wait for @Darth_Elu to respond to my previous tag, before I respond to your tag. Just FYI. :)

Sinrebirth and Darth_Elu like this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    @Bravo @Sinrebirth Posted!

And the mini-war between Rick and Saraali continues. :p *smirks* Turr's arrival was the icing (see what I did there) on the cake. Perfect timing, Sinre!

Right about now, I think Rick is wishing he could just toss out the whole shipment of new pilots. [face_laugh]

Bravo and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh this is going to be fun.

Darth_Elu and Bravo like this.
  25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

*Cracks knuckles & neck.*

Bring it pal.

(See what I did there) ;)

Sinrebirth and Darth_Elu like this.