main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    :)

Really like the new suit, a mix of First Avenger and EndGame.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    does the Avengers game do a good job of covering her origin story, I've seen her pop up in a few comics with Miles Morales but haven't read her series. I know she's an Inhuman, pretty sure. It'll be interesting what Marvel Studios does with Inhumans if they keep it since it was well covered in Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans for Marvel TeeVee.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s really cool that this is her first role. Really looking to the show!

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's not like Hollyweird has a long list of young muslim women to choose from...

Diversity is not it's strength.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It was narrower than even that though. They were also wanting the actress to be Pakistani or at least have some family connection to Pakistan.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    No this is interesting.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Either he'll have a different take on Electro from his earlier role (ala J.K. Simmons's reprisal of his role as Jameson) or they might be setting up the Multi-verse to bring in other versions of characters into the MCU.

10. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I just hope this is the same situation of using same actor in the same role like having JK Simmons back as JJ but he is not the same JJ. If they are copying DCEU desperate gimmick or merging all their movies and verse, than is not encouraging. MCU doesn't need to do that. I don't mind cameos of other marvel verse in Dr. Strange 2 but fully merging things is just confusing.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    translate plz

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Peter'd probably hear about the multiverse and be like "no way I'm falling for that bs again".

And lol, DC and Marvel have been doing multiverse crossovers for ages, it was only a matter of time before they got translated to live action films. Chicken or egg on which studio thought to do it for the 2020s first.

13. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    DC multiverse where every movie and tv show is is own earth and you can see them all interact like having Keaton back for dceu Flashpoint movie. I don't need the mcu to do this. The only reason dc is taking this approach is because of the failed snyderverse they are trying to fix with the multiverse gimmick.

If mcu is just using same actors from other movies but not doing in multiverse than I'm ok with that. Meaning JKS is playing JJ but is not the same JJ from Raimi's Spiderman. Same with Electro and Fox.
    This whole thing is giving me headache already.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Could be using it as a further set-up for Doctor Strange and the Multi-verse of Madness or some sort of aftermath from it depending on the slotting of each movie.

EDIT: BTW BossLogic has come up with a concept manip with the new Ms. Marvel:

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt he’s playing the same Electro. At least for his appearance in the MCU. No telling what the hell Sony will do outside the MCU. But he’s another member of the Sinister Six to appear in Holland’s Spider-Man.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I wanted J.K.Simmons to return for more Spider-Man movies. We all loved him in the Rammi films. I feel like none of us liked Jammie Fox's Electro or Amazing Spider-Man 2. But I'd bet most of us would like to see Jammie Fox get a fair shot playing Electro. I'm all for it.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    ASM 2 was just bad all around so yeah I don’t blame Foxx for that. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with the character. And of course I’m just excited for more Spidey!

Princess_Tina likes this.
  18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Like 8 years ago I read something about movies - mega block busters films - being made with the help of an algorithm and focus groups that would create content to maximize profits in the most countries around the world.

Part of doing that would leave the movies sort of post verbal. Words would be very simple in English and work more like sound effects. All plot points would be show through action and not conveyed through words. No more "I am your father" moments.

The end result would be these huge action films that felt like a foreign film in every country in the world. While that would be sort of strange for US and english audiences the rest of the world would more than make up for it since foreign films already made huge amounts of money. These films were engineered to make the most money in the widest number of markets. And over 10 to 20 years US viewers would get used to it.

Not sure if this ever really happened, but when Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out I was sure this was one of these actual algorithm movies. Also the two later Transformer movies. And a couple other movies from around that time. Either I'm use to them now or things went another way.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually really liked Foxx's Electro (and I like Amazing Spider-Man 2 more than most) so I'd be totally okay if they brought that version of the character back instead of Foxx just happens to be Electro again. That makes sense of JJJ JK Simmons cuz he's embedded in pop culture and comic book nerds as JJJ, Foxx having to be Electro but MCU verse Electro doesn't have that pep. So to me it seems more like they are acknowledging Spider-Verse multiverse continuity (and I'd be totally okay if MCU Spider-Man 3 is basically just MCU Multiverse version of Spider-Verse). Maybe MCU Peter has to escape to ASM Sony Verse because Mysterio ruined his life?

Anyway, yah, I'm down if he's doing ASM-verse Electro who transplants to the MCU because I actually thought he was great. "I had a friend once. It didn't work out."

Gamiel likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they almost did an ASM1/Avengers crossover link with Oscorp Tower but production timelines didn't allow for it. Making ASM2 the link seems bizarre given how disliked that film is, however.

To be fair, Foxx's Electro was fine as Electro (he had arguable the best scene in the movie in Times Square), it was human Max that was Raimi-reject trash.

ASM2 wasn't an algorithm film. It was the result of Sony execs getting cold feet after ASM1 did well but didn't break records ,and wanting to force incompatible Raimi-like campy elements into the more grounded style ASMverse. On top of wanting to force it to launch a Sony Spiderverse (it was basically BVS before BVS wasn't cool) and swap out to a more Avengers-like ripoff score. And that just ended up being an incompatible approach that could only be achieved through human stupidity.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I know that. The end effect from having so many voices diluting the final product on ASM2 made it feel like one.

The good news is we got the absolutely fantastic Spider-Man: Home Coming and Spidey in the MCU thanks to ASM2 not taking off.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Official promo art. This looks like it's ripped right out of the animated opening to Bewitched with a little bit of The Jetsons thrown in.

[​IMG]

Westview is the town where the series is primarily set. A clue in the tagline maybe?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I just can't stop thinking about that they are doing her classic costume wrong. It's suposed to be full body.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It's an adaption of it. Vision is rockin' Chuck Taylors and gym shorts in that.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was thinking of the show overall actually. The clips we have seen where they are showing her in an homage to her classic costume are her arms and the area beneath the neck bare.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.