main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Maybe this has already been mentioned, but...

[​IMG]

Literally...

[​IMG]

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I was watching a woman react to the SW Prequels for the first time on YouTube and she had an interesting observation.

She noticed the nightclub in AOTC was very human-centric or, almost human like Twi'leks, while she noticed Dex's Diner was more alien and diverse. She questioned if that meant there were signs of xenophobia/segregation, and given AOTC's 1950s inspired aesthetic, I thought that was a fascinating thing to notice.

2. I love how Anakin is shown to be very arrogant in his fighting style. Anakin seems to slouch a bit when he holds his saber to his side to signal he doesn't care. The best shot that I noticed it was the rematch duel with Dooku in ROTS. After Obi-Wan says, "You won't get away this time, Dooku," notice the stances Anakin and Obi-Wan take. Obi-Wan holds the blade up, close to his body to show his defensive and cautious nature while Anakin is very nonchalant about igniting it, not even making a stance. He just ignites it to his side like he is confident he will beat Dooku.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Watching TPM on 4k. I’ve never noticed this before but for some reason there is a series of discarded medical droids in Watto’s backyard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Forgot to mention the all time great

Kit Fisto’s smile in AOTC

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    You know, I believe until a recent viewing it took me almost 21 years to notice those Theed citizens running for safety.

6. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    Maybe this has been pointed out, if it has I haven't heard it, but I noticed the name Amidala is similar to "Amid Allah", as in "amongst God"... and what does Anakin compare Padmé to when he first meets her? An angel.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  7. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Is "amid" an Arabic word or do you mean the English word?

8. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    ^English, like I said, "amid" as in "amongst".

9. Moonshield76

Moonshield76 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2020
    Four emotions for 3-second scene

[​IMG]

The whole dialogue is amazing.

Anakin's unique trait is his youthful maximalism. That's why he calls Padme as an angel. Hatfield's first phrase ("Stagecoach") about Lucy Mallory (11.17): "Like an angel in the jungle." Because Hatfield's unique trait is maximalism, too.

Damn. The whole TPM is a masterpiece.

10. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I like this parallel between ROTS and The Dark Knight in how Joker treats Two-Face to how Palpatine treats Vader.

In TDK, Joker brags to Batman how he corrupted Harvey Dent's idealism and turned him into a rage-filled vigilante. And in ROTS, Palpatine taunts Yoda that Vader, the boy Obi-Wan trained, will become the most powerful Sith Lord ever even if he dies.

Just cool/crazy to see how manipulative villains find so much glee in corrupting good people, The Chosen Ones of their respective films, and rubbing it in the face of our heroes.

11. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I wouldn't say arrogant. Confident is the word for me. Anakin had passed the time from 'this weapon is your life, don't loose it' to the point where the weapon is just like continuation to his arm and no matter that he has prosthetic arm he fights as he hasn't. Full mastery of the weapon. Anakin had grown up: not only literally.
    Speaking of this, I like the change that Hayden himself passed through between both movies. Is not small detail but is rarely mentioned. He looks older, stronger and bigger: as Anakin should look in his full prime. This confidence that he demonstrate wouldn't match well with the teenager Anakin from Attack of the Clones.

12. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Perhaps confidence with a pinch of playful arrogance, sprinkled with the occasional clumsy mistake. That whole first act is just dripping with that Lucas Star Wars style humor.

But yes, it's like his saber became an extension of his arm. That igniting style is something that continued on with Vader, too.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I love how Sidious almost tells Dooku about that hidden Sith world:

- I have good news for you, mylord. The war has begun.

- Exe... lent! (Whew, close call)

[face_mischief]

14. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Just realized he still has the scar he got as a Jedi, and presumably the droids didn’t remove the Jedi robes now burnt into his skin.

Like a visual metaphor that Anakin is still in there.

Toddy and CampOfSorgan like this.
  15. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Something I noticed about ROTS is how darker and more sinister the CIS military are visually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Tri-Droid fighters look especially primal and insect like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Dwarf spider droid also looks more rusty and barbaric.

[​IMG]

As shown in TCW these gunships are probably the deadliest enforcers to the CIS air force.

The makers seemed to have also employed more dark grays and blues in their color schemes for the CIS as well.

16. imperial scum

imperial scum Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2020
    Clones on Kashyyyk being the first troopers to use camouflage instead of plain white.
    [​IMG]
    White armor never really made sense, especially in woods.

And Kashyyyk looks like a real battlefield, shame that there are only glimpses of the droid attack on the wookies.
    [​IMG]

17. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    As a veteran who was sent to the desert in 2007 with a forest camo flack vest due to budgetary reasons, it makes sense.
    *this is meant to be humorous, but it comes off as snide, so I just wanted to clarify

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    "So love has blinded you?"
    "Well, that's not exactly what I meant"
    "But it's probably true"

Just great foreshadowing. Padme is right. Anakin's love is blinds him from making the right decision, but it is ironically what saves him in the end too. His blind love for Padme causes him to reject his Jedi teachings but his blind love for his son causes him to reject the dark side.

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Sure made for some say targets on Endor, lol.

20. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Exactly. Thats why I love that dialogue so much. It tells everything about Anakins mindset...

21. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    All the transports and ships flying around outside the Chancellor’s office right after Anakin turns to the dark side. As Sidious tells Anakin what to do next, people of Coruscant are still out living their lives — unaware that evil has grabbed control of the galaxy.

22. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I like Anakins reaction to Palpatine's reveal that he knows about him and Padme's relationship. The look and line delivery Hayden gives perfectly conveys someone who is both surprised, confused and angry at the same time.

[​IMG]

23. Moonshield76

Aug 21, 2020
    Padme (Episode I):
    "My fate will be no different to that of our people."

Anakin (Episode III):
    "His fate will be the same as ours."

I love how Anakin has adopted some of her traits because he loves her. (and married her)

"But one who loves must share the fate of his loved one."
    - Mikhail Bulgakov, "Master and Margarita". Chapter 32. Absolution and Eternal Refuge

Or traits.

Also, Mike Klimo's Ring Theory again works: part V "Rings within rings". (I-III, IV-VI)

Damn, Lucas is an incredible writer.

Tonyg, Toddy, Samnz and 2 others like this.
  24. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006

Adding onto this:

"This vote is very important. You did your duty, Corde did hers, now come!"

"No, they're doing their duty so we can do ours!"

Both Ani and Padme want to save everyone but must be reminded to stay on to their missions.

25. Moonshield76

Aug 21, 2020
    There are three things you can watch forever: fire burning, water falling and Natalie Portman's performance with Lucas's direction.

[​IMG]

Such amazing combination of love, pain and compassion I didn't see even in Max Payne.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020