main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    What happened to the surviving senators after the Hosnian Cataclysm? Were they hunted down and captured by the First Order? Were bounties placed on their heads?

2. chained_vulptex

chained_vulptex Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2020
    Perhaps a really stupid question, but maybe it just didn't catch my eye.

in TFA, the scene where Kylo smashes the room in rage from Rey escaping:
    Kylo's hood/cowl/cape whatever you wanna call it, the garment draped across his shoulders, looks to be tattered. I can't really make it out, but it looks frayed in atleast one end.

Was it always like this? Did we at any point see this getting frayed/tattered? I've watched this movie a handful of time and tend to put it on from time to time just to speedwatch/hop along scenes, but I've never actually caught if there was a reason.

I guess I assumed it would have happened during the movie, because he's fairly pristine (and so is everyone else in his crew) so for him to have a frayed piece of clothing struck me - especially on board where he'd probably either could have fixed or replaced. But then again, perhaps he is the kind to not care at all?

Does that question make sense?
    I'm hotlinking a picture, but it doesn't really show it too much because it's so quick.

[​IMG]

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    It would definitely make a good story. I wonder if the Knights of Ren were tasked with hunting them down.

DannyD likes this.
  4. Mdriver1981

Mdriver1981 Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
    In ESB, why did Han and Leia exit the Falcon on that asteroid without a g-suit of some kind? Within two seconds they would have died of hypothermia within two seconds and floated into space due to high acceleration force. They're wearing oxygen masks but no g-suit to protect them from hypothermia and high levels of acceleration force. Perhaps it was being inside the creature that protected them from those things, but that doesn't explain why they, believing they're in an asteroid, exit the Falcon so recklessly.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  5. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    What acceleration force? The asteroid was on a stable course, couldn't have accelerated without its own drive in any case. The Falcon was safely parked on the ground. No acceleration going on there anywhere.
    Pressure and temperature would be a much bigger problem here. But apparently they checked the ship's instruments first before exiting.
    Besides, since when are gravity, atmosphere, temperature, pressure etc. EVER considered in a SW movie? The only exception I can think of is Hoth, where temperature is shown to be a problem.

6. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    [Dumb question, needed to watch the movie more closely]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Aren't we all asking such questions here???

chained_vulptex likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    No such thing. We all have asked or two of those type of questions before.

9. Mdriver1981

Mdriver1981 Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
    I'm glad you acknowledge hypothermia is an issue in the SW universe, as we see on Hoth when Luke nearly dies from it. But when Han & Leia checked the Falcon's instruments before exiting why didn't they find it weird that the temperature outside was tolerant for a human? I say they still should have frozen to death. And how the hell does ANYTHING live on an asteroid?

10. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    The space slug is probably the single thing that bothered me most about ESB. I mean, how does it even breathe and what the hell does it eat? Rocks? Anyway, I wonder why the atmosphere on every single planet in SW is breathable for humans. They did a good job with solving the problem in Aliens, atmosphere processing plants. Maybe they have something like that in SW, but we never see any, nor is it hinted at. Well, SW is fantasy, not hard sci-fi, so I guess we have to accept many physically impossible things. For realism there is nothing like 2001.

Count Yubnub and chained_vulptex like this.
  11. chained_vulptex

May 12, 2020
    I started rabbit holing yesterday but I didn't really get any solid answers. Who has the highest kill count in the SW universe? And I mean direct + indirect. So not "the henchman that pushed the big red button" etc, but whoever was in charge of most deaths? At first I thought maybe Vader, being that he was in power for so long - and this seemed to be a popular answer. But what about Palpatine? Palps has had his fingers in quite many pies. Any thoughts? Confirmed answer?

Another question that snowballed while I was doing mundane stuff at work - who has and has no pockets on their outfit in the SW universe? Does Vader have pockets? I was near certain Han Solo had pockets on his pants, but now when I checked, it seems he doesn't. Not even Poe's outfit seems to have pockets. None. How are they not going insane without pockets? No wonder it's Star Wars, everyone's cranky casue they can't bring their chapstick.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tarkin's gotta be up there since he ordered the destruction of Alderaan. However Vader is complicit in that as well since he didn't countermand the order.

Boba Fett has pockets - his trousers in ESB seem to be a type of cargo-style ones. Jango seems to have an equipment belt rather than pockets from what I see on a poster I have.

christophero30 likes this.
  13. chained_vulptex

May 12, 2020
    Jango and Boba out there living the moisturized lip life, haha. But really, where do all these pocket-less dinguses keep their stuff!

christophero30 likes this.
  14. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Boba Fett shops at the Mos Eisley Gap.

chained_vulptex likes this.
  15. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    I never paid any attention to that. But it seems everyone has belts where they can hang all kinds of equipment plus blaster holsters. Luke and Han certainly do, so do the stormtroopers. Han wears a vest that may have pockets on the inside in ANH. For movement and mobility alone it makes more sense to have pockets in your vest rather than pants anyway. Vader doesn't really need pockets, since all he really needs is his lightsaber or is built into his suit. And how about Luke's outfit in ESB?

[​IMG]

LOTS of pockets there, plus utility belt.

Han's outfit in ROTJ:

[​IMG]

Again, enough pockets in his vest plus belt plus holster. What more does he need?
    Was your question serious by the way?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  16. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Palpatine pitted two armies (or more) against one another so his kill count, including civilians, must be quite high in PT. Including Hosnian Prime in ST, that'd put him above Tarkin I think.

Pockets? How about wallets?

17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    the pockets were for SW trading cards, which were all the rage back then.

18. chained_vulptex

May 12, 2020
    Indeed it was! But in good fun of course. I've had many a discussions about pockets IRL you see, as women's pants rarely have them anymore, and if they do it's the tiniest litle pocket where you can keep 1 single crumb of dust. Whilst guys' pants can fit like half a dimension in each.

Anyway, I was almost certain Han Solo had the sideway slit pockets on his pants for some reason, (think formal pants pockets). It wasn't until I googled it that I saw he had never had pockets on his pants. And it kinda spiraled. Seems cargo pants-pockets are the norm for pant-pockets, whilst utility belts/vests with pockets are for non-pocket pants.

I also noticed that there were come concept art (wether official or not, I don't know, just googling) for DJ in which he had pockets, the denim jean pocket-style pockets. But I don't know if he had them in the movie or not.

But yeah, I was just curious, just comparing what we take for granted vs what's normal/different in the SW universe. I must confess, the chapstick thing was just a little bit tongue in cheek. ;) Although without mine, the dark side would be tempting too, haha.

@DannyD haha, wallets! Now I picture someone with an overstuffed wallet, filled with receipts and stuff, on the brink of bursting like Costanza's in Seinfeld. [face_laugh]

DannyD and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Forgive me if the answer to my question is obvious, but where is the best place in the JC Forums, if any, to have a formal debate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Sounds like you just started one.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Meh. I’m starting debates all the time, just not formal ones. I don’t know the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyD likes this.
  22. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    1. Is there any canon informationen from who or what Snoke was “made“?

2. What again was the reason why Palpatine had observation labs on Jakku? And was it pre-ROTJ?

23. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Good points. At the highest level of combat, all it takes is one mistake, one brief lapse of concentration and focus and BAM!! You're filming Taken 3.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  24. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    Is there an in-universe explanation for why humans exist a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

25. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I can only guess that in case Darth Vader ever rose up against him, he wanted to be ready to exploit Vader's greatest weakness by studying the GFFA's various varieties of sand. ;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.