main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So unlike the White House the Titans have gone 2 straight days without any positive COVID tests.

Runjedirun, Rew, Luke02 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Unlike the White House, they know how to control an outbreak! :)

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well with 20 COVID Positives that caused the cancellation of a game and forced the team they just played to go into a 3 day quarantine with their next game in doubt during that time, I wouldn't go that far.

PCCViking likes this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    All the other teams know what to do, though. I am glad the NFL has made it clear that future large outbreaks like this might just cause the team in question to forfeit.

5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Compare to the White House they do. :)

PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Low bar is low bar. :p

Runjedirun, Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Lmao. Aaron Rodgers has a weekly appearance on Pat McAfee's podcast and he just said "Down years for me are career years for other quarterbacks". I love him

dp4m, Healer_Leona , Havac and 3 others like this.
  8. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    So, the NFL went on and allowed the game between Pats and Chiefs to be played on Monday.
    Now others NE players are testing positive for COVID19. Stephon Gilmore already confirmed he is infected.
    Surprising development.
    NOT

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    rivera benching haskins to go with kyle allen. will be drafting a new quarterback next year.

Luke02 likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They can get Lawrence, that's a good place for him. Out of the AFC which has all the great young QBs right now.

As for Gilmore now testing positive and his proximity to Mahomes there... The CDC defines close contact as within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes. I am not that worried.

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The Haskins NFL Experience:

I get it from Rivera's perspective. He didn't draft Haskins and IMHO would never have so he wants his "own guy". But I really don't see what Josh Allen does for you other you want to make sure you get Lawrence in the draft next April.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    What does Rivera see in Kyle Allen that the rest of the world can’t? Does he have incriminating photographs or something?

Luke02 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Word on the street is that the Titans will face a HISTORIC punishment over this.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There needs to be, if only to get the message across to all the other teams.

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    What level of historic punishment? Forfeit all games (would they still play, just not be able to "win?") or pull an Adam Silver and force the owner of the Titans to sell the team.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My guess is forfeit at least the Steelers and Bills games that they were supposed to play.

solojones likes this.
  19. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    The only way I see them forfeiting the Steelers game is if they still have this outbreak going in week 7.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Haskins was behind in terms of knowledge and experience and hasn’t had enough time to catch up.

Why do the Titans deserve punishment for getting infected during a pandemic?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I figured as much. Hopefully Haskins gets another chance either later in the season or on another team.

It's not so much getting somebody getting infected, as I think we all knew there would be infections during this season, especially given there's no 'bubble' like the NBA and NHL did to salvage their seasons. It's the sheer number of infections that have occured in just a short amount of time (about 22 now). Clearly it's an indication that perhaps the Titans haven't been following COVID protection protocols or at least not as stringently as other teams have (which is why we haven't seen this many mass infections on other teams). If the NFL determines that's the case, then yeah, there needs to be a punishment, and it needs to be in such a way that it sends a message to the rest of the teams that the NFL and NFLPA are serious about these protocols being followed.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Covid-19
    Titans-0

YES! Yes, I will continue to make this joke all season.

mnjedi, Point Given and Juliet316 like this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They were being investigated for not following the protocols, which puts everyone at risk.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The word right now is that after the team facilities were shut down due to the outbreak, a group of Titans players decided to hold a private workout at a high school.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I blame the NFL. They’re trying to have their cake and eat it, too. The punishment shouldn’t be too severe, should not have any consequence outside of this season.

mnjedi likes this.