main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - Voting for RYL Award nominees now open (see pg. 1072)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Oct 8, 2020.

?

Next tentative movie-night movie

1. The Last Samurai

27.3%
  2. Meet the Robinsons

9.1%
  3. Horton Hears a Who

18.2%
  4. High School Musical

36.4%
  5. Alien/Aliens

9.1%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    HELLO. HI! Welcome! You! Yes, you! And you! Welcome all to RYL, once again! Someone find a gif of Ardyn Izunia doing that overly dramatic bow and curtsy with his hat (holy **** that hat is awesome)

So first of all! Before we begin, there are two things that need to be established in this here thread of socializationism. We have - A NEW RULE. Wait, let me post the old rules first

Oh god, Cub posted them in blue. I've gotta purple them up

1. We are going to ask everyone to use a spoiler tag when posting 3 or more images, gifs, memes, or videos in the thread to help make the thread easier to read and navigate. I know at times we like to spam memes or gifs in celebration of a holiday or a RYLer's birthday and in those cases it will be allowed without tags, but please use spoiler tags in all other instances.
    2. We ask that you use spoiler tags with a note of why if you decide to post an image that might be a bit "non-family-friendly" but doesn't violate the TOS. We'd also like some sort of context as to why the image is being posted to drive the conversation in the right direction. If you're not sure we'd ask that you either just use the spoiler tag or ask a mod for advice. We also ask that we keep all conversations about photos family friendly and not devolve into overly sexual conversations or conversations that could be considered demeaning. If you feel a conversation is going in the wrong direction or is making you feel uncomfortable please contact one of the mods.
    3. With everything going on in the world right now we know a lot of people are feeling angry, scared, confused, and sad. We should all be here for each other and be allowed to seek advice and comfort from each other in RYL. We do ask, however, to please keep your conversations as free from politics as possible. We have threads elsewhere for debating politics and want to keep RYL a place to escape from those types of debates and conversation. Again, if you have questions about this please as a mod.

Oh yeah, and be nice and ****. Also, given current events, extra emphasis on the "let's not get political in here" thing.
    But like I said, we'd also like to institute one more teensy little new rule

π. Please refrain from "spam posting" in order to reach certain milestone pages or some such. I mean, this is like, a social threaaaaad, so **** being formal. And I'm not necessarily saying posts need to have substance, they just should be like. I dunno, not for the sole purpose of existing. Most of the time

Now, with that out of the way, there is one more even more important thing to be placed in the opening post! Cub, Guidman, feel free to edit in appropriate pics/gifs/music videos/whatever else

In the mid 90s, boybands were really popular, I guess. For some reason, I thought that was more of an early to mid 2000s thing. Huh. Maybe I just caught the tail end of it? I dunno, I get the impression the "main" thing nowadays is the lone pop star, but wtf do I know

But anyways, these guys I think were music people decided to counter that with a girlband! And holy ****, I've gotta copy-paste this ad as well, because this is like the most 90s **** ever, and it is ****ing awesome

OH MY GOD, IT SAYS TO BRING A CASSETTE! I MISS CASSETTES! I had one of those for the TPM soundtrack as a kid! Anyways, where was I

So I guess the managers or whatever were being asses, so once the group had formed, they got frustrated with it and decided to leave. I get the feeling this exact thing has happened a lot. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HASN'T HAPPENED A LOT?

They went on to release an album.... an album soooo powerful that it would forever cement them as..... a cemented group in musical history. That album was called.... SPICE. That's right, we're talking about the Spice Girls!

Tell me what you want, what you really really want

You want me to continue, so

They were awesome and got like a bunch of awards and ****, I guess. But then they went on hiatus in the year 2000. See, the real y2k disaster wasn't some computer bug that would cause the apocalypse. It was the Spice Girls going on hiatus. None could have foreseen this disaster. Until salvation was at least brought upon us.... at last, in the year....

*checks Wikipedia article*

2007! The grand return! And they were still awesome I mean, listen to their songs. You could dance to this. In fact, I probably will at some point, but anyways. I guess they did a lot of reunion tours until like at least 2012. Cause there's a gap, and the next section says 2016-present, and it says they had more reunions

Wait, there's gonna be a movie based on them? With all of them? That's effin' awesome! Ok, so get hyped for that. What the **** is a star war? Get ready for this!

WHOOOO-OOOOO-OOOOO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

You're someone who is now knowledgeable of the Spice Girls. Ok, sort of. I skimmed a LOT, cause holy ****, they have quite the history. But everyone, do yourselves a favour and listen to their songs

In fact, **** it. POST SOME. Do it. DO IT. MAKE-THE-postaboutSpiceGirls

Also, just before we get socializizing, to observe the observance since today is the 8th of October!

Happy International Lesbian Day!

Oh, and fun fact, two of the Spice Girls were together too. But yeah, so behave, have fun, listen to Spice Girls, and RYL!

2. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Fourth the golden firebird

5. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Which version of RYL is this even? The 11th I think

Khalia Octa and IHeartKenobi89 like this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I made the first frickin page.

[​IMG]

9. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013

10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Well, we're off to a great start. Page 1 and Ingram is posting Showgirls gifs.....

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Apparently this is the 14th version of RYL if I am not wrong

12. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Doing laps in my basement because it’s raining

14. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    The good news is, those are the only two I can safely post.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There was this really weird storm yesterday the wind picked up from like nothing 30 mph for like three minutes and then disappeared wasn’t fun driving during that time thought a tree was going to fall on me

IHeartKenobi89 and BookExogorth like this.
  16. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    JKF is the James Dean of sentence structuring.

17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    To be fair to that sentence I am using voice to text

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I am typing normally like now. I am more likely to use periods.

still not likely but at least a bit more.

20. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    You've got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
    and I've got that red lip classic thing that you like
    when we go crashing down we come back every time
    we never go out of style, we never go out of style

21. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Voice...text?
    Witchcraft.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014

Ah, new RYL at last :)

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That was one of the longest RYL’s in a long time. I think the 2017 one still remains the longest in time by a lot.

24. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    I just like how Nomi's shirt matches Seagoat's font. That was unintentional—serendipitous, you might say.

Or perhaps an omen for this thread's future.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s going to nice to drive up to Canada soon. Plus I get to miss the election so that will be a plus :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.