main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice challenge.
    I kinda already did that for Jacen and Tenel Ka in form of a vision in my Jacen story so we could add that in retroactivley.

Beyond them I feel there are two more pairings who would really deserve a happier ending. [face_thinking]

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Please let me know the title and link, and I'll put it in the index ASAP. :)

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Here
    Its technically a part of the story "Redemption" but I gave it a standalone title of "Homecoming" as well

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in--thanks so much! :)

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Inspired by Bette Midler's "The Rose" I present an Anakin/Padme tragic romance for the OTP Challenge #17 "Our Song": Seeds of Love Growing in Dark Soil.

I also really do like the idea of giving a couple with a sad ending a happier ending, so hopefully I can write something for the non-competitive challenge some time soon. It'll help to put my broken heart back together after writing Anakin/Padme tragic romance...

6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And indexed! We're at four now--this is great! :D

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Yay! Got mine up - It's How I met your mother with Kithera and Del. Del is explaining to his son how he and Kit fell in love (I just couldn't pass up on the title).

There are two songs chosen for this as both fit. The first one is Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, the second is To Love Someone by Ben Abraham.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I did something! It's West Wing but you really need to know NOTHING about the verse or the OCs to understand the story.

Dance Me to the End of Love is up with Leo Lyman/Marc Lyman. I was inspired by Dance Me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen.

9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, thanks! Got it in the index. Now we’re at five! :)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  10. Bel505

Bel505 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    I never thought I'd do something like this, but I was skimming the challenges and came across the OTP challenge. I had an idea, I wrote it up. Sorry, it's angsty, but the song is angsty.

High Hopes, Luke/Mara.

11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Fantastic! And no worries, angst is totally fine—we accept OTP stories of all stripes here! I’ve just added it to the index. And now we are six! :D

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    For the non-competitive Happy Endings challenge, I have a Shmi/Cliegg story where Shmi survives her capture by the Tusken Raiders: Together Again.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in, thanks so much! :)

And once again, a reminder that preexisting stories may be retroactively added to this index, too—they don't have to be specially written for the challenge, though that of course is totally fine as well. :)

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey again, everyone! Just a reminder that there is one month left for our main competitive challenge, OTP Challenge #17: Our Song. Stories are due November 18! :)

15. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I've posted Roll Down The Window And Let The Wind Blow. It's a Stranger Things oneshot with Steve Harrington/Billy Hargrove, and the song is Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. [face_love] I don't think you need to be familiar with the show because I don't do canon anyway. :p

Thanks so much for hosting this awesome challenge! [face_love]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it in the index, thanks! And you are welcome. :)

Woohoo, now we're at seven! This is amazing, folks! Keep 'em coming! :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I did an additional/out of competition fic for the Song Challenge. Mostly because I just wanted an excuse and an easy fic to write for my new OTP. Simply the Best is up. The pairing is David Rose/Patrick Brewer. Fandom is Schitt's Creek and the song is The Best by Tina Turner.

18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Got it in its own all-new noncompetitive entries index. Thanks! :)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey everyone! Just a friendly reminder that there are two (2) weeks left to get stories in for OTP Challenge #17: Our Song! Due date is Wednesday, November 18, at 11:59 pm PST. We have several wonderful entries already—can’t wait to see what else will come in! :)

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I finally finished my entry: I’m a Believer, a little vignette featuring Kaz and Wren, inspired by the Monkees’ song of the same name

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it in the index, thanks so much. :) Woohoo, everybody, we’re up to eight in-competition entries now! [face_dancing]

23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaand last day, everyone! You can post stories here anytime through 11:59 pm PST, and then it's on to voting!

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, my entry is ready:

Long, Lonely Time

It is based on "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers, features Zeb and Shulma, and is out of competition, as usual. Because I also worked in my prompt from the Romantic Quotes Roulette, it's an entry in that, too.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Kahara, Raissa Baiard, Kit' and 3 others like this.