main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Expanse (book and TV and...video game series?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    December 16.

Three episodes then weekly.

EDIT:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I thought that was awfully soon after the last season, but I'd completely forgot it was the same time last year. Roll on December 16th! Really hope more shows go back to a weekly format. It's so much better.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i see cas anvar is still in it. anyone know what happened with the sexual assault allegations?

Darth Guy likes this.
  5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I think they'd pretty much finished filming by the time the allegations came out. I've not seen anything more on it, though he's not tweeted since.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I got full body chills from that trailer. I might not have loved book 5, but I did always think it would make amazing TV, and if that trailer is anything to go by, it will!

I'm happy they are doing mostly weekly format. I love to binge watch and I know I'll be itching to watch more every week, but I like being able to talk and speculate with people, read reviews, etc.

They'd had Season 5 fully in the can long before that came out. They've not said anything since they announced it was under investigation. My guess is they'll say more closer to when the season comes out.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's going to hard for me to get use to weekly after binging the first 4 seasons... 3 times. lol Still , so damn excited for this and feels weird having an understanding of what's going on in 5 since reading the books.

Which btw, I knew what would happen with Peaches in Persepolis Rising, that was telegraphed a mile away and like Amos, I'm ok with that.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i knew they were done shooting, but they were done shooting that movie with kevin spacey and they still removed him. thought we might see something similar here.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Given Book 5 that's... not really possible, given his role.

He was also not at all present (in actuality or spirit) at the NYCC Zoom event for The Expanse today. And curated questions, so nothing mentioned.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well i meant that they'd replace him with a new actor, but yeah i also haven't read the books. maybe book 5 says that alex must be played by cas anvar.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You know that's not what I meant, and that reshoots for a TV series already completed and in post-production in a post-COVID world vs. a movie that only needed to replace 22 scenes and paid $1 million dollars to do that and didn't need terribly much CGI post-production in a pre-COVID world. :p

I'm not defending Anvar here... but we all knew this was what was happening.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    jeff bezos has half a trillion dollars, he could have had anvar removed from this season if he wanted to.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    We wouldn't be getting Season 5 this year if they replaced Anvar. That's just a fact man.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Covid probably had a bigger role than Bezos’ silly wealth.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Only 1/5th of a trillion. @};- :(

tom likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh yeah, i realize the season would have been delayed.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And to be fair, he’s only accused at this point? I really haven’t kept up, but has he admitted wrong doing or been found guilty?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He is, and we haven't heard from the investigation, but unless it's a really widespread, very specific conspiracy, all signs point to him being a huge creep at best.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    In a normal year I think they would have done reshoots around Anvar, but with the uncertainty of Covid and the lockdowns I can't really fault them for going with what they had.

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with them taking Season 5 as is and figure out whether to recast or kill/write him off (hopefully the former) for Season 6. Spacey was a much more high profile case and that movie had Ridley Scott behind it. This series can't afford to reshoot massive parts of its season to work around this.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, I assume the same thing. But devils advocate and all that, especially as it’s a business decision for Amazon, morals aren’t exactly a thing for the company.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Monetarily yes they can.

23. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't blame them, but it is going to feel really weird when he's on screen.

That said, I'm incredibly excited for the rest of the season.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The show's budget isn't Bezos' net worth. :p

I don't really trust internal investigations because they're always going to do what's best for the company and not the right thing. Looks to me like they're hoping people forget about it.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It would cost the spare change down his sofa!