main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    As you said, it's an homage. The difference between pink pantyhose and a pink bodystocking for undergarments is pretty minute in that context. I'll venture to guess that Halloween costume will be the closest thing we ever see to her classic attire.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

That's the primary "main era" of the SW (West Coast Avengers) and this is the "erase Vision" storyline they're likely gonna crib somewhat from, since this has the fake kids/etc.

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and JEDI-RISING like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Remember I mentioned the other day that perhaps Electro being in Spidey 3 was setting up for Doctor Strange and the Multi-verse of Madness or it's aftermath? Well...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    PENGWINGS!!!

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    YAY! Stephen & Peter are a fun pair up. Glad to see Benedict continuing as Doctor Strange.

I’ll happily rent.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Something to look forward to, no doubt!

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Hope Wong also appear

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder if that means Dr. Strange somehow sends Peter into another universe, one where his identity isn't exposed.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So with delays and production schedule and dates moving (and it's a Sony movie and not technically Disney) now is MCU Spidey 3 officially on track to be out now before Multiverse of Madness? So maybe they're setting up Mutliverse of Madness in MCU Spidey 3.

Also I do get the weird feeling it'll end with MCU's Peter in a Sony-verse parallel dimension to wrap up the contract headaches between Disney and Sony.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    if only to finally get his damn sandwich

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    GAH! They’re going to One More Day him, aren’t they? GAH!

Yodaminch and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Bring back Tony in exchange for everybody forgetting him? Didn't I call that when Far From Home came out? *ducks*

Master_Lok likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I did think my mind went to retcons immediately after the ID reveal at the end of Far From Home. I'm not pro or con either way, although you'd figure you'd get more than just one movie of "Peter Parker's ID revealed!" chaos.

To be fair, the Hollywood Reporter story said that Doc Strange would be yet another mentor for Peter like Tony and Nick Fury were. And there was the recent Symbiote Spider-Man, Alien Reality comic, pretty sweet, where it was Peter became a protegee of Strange in an alternate universe.

[​IMG]

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Why won't the MCU let Peter carry his own movie I'm sick of this stuff lol

15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Stephen and Peter are a known and fun team up in the comics, Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon etc.

I am 100% fine with Stephen guiding Peter, especially if it’s multiverse-related (As Far From Home teased). Besides, Benedict and Tom have great chemistry on and off screen.

No way either studio will leave that tie in box office off the table.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He did in Far From Home. Yes, there was the aftermath of Endgame hanging around, but I liked it. I liked the fact that MCU allowed Peter to grieve Tony. In the end he stood up on his own two feet and faced Mysterio on his own.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yes Mysterio, who hated Tony Stark and wanted to hijack Tony Stark's weaponry and was defeated with assistance from Tony Stark's best friend.

Ghost and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Don't forget that Strange was also in Ragnarok for like 3 scenes, too. It doesn't mean that he's necessarily going to be the co-lead or overshadow Peter.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wish it were Daredevil. :(

Rebel_Padawan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Honest Trailers had a funny alternate title for Far From Home: The Boy Who Knew Iron Man. While I get the criticisms, I think considering the big picture MCU overall that making Far From Home half of an a Endgame epilogue did work and considering how much they interacted in Civil War and Homecoming. But, yah, if Pete is still moping about Tony in the 3rd movie and finds another gift left to him from beyond the grave and the bad guy has another vendetta against Stark that Peter gets caught up in, that'll be a bit much. Hopefully not, though, the casting at least seems to indicate they're moving on from there.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Because Sony wants Spider-Man movies to be MCU-level successes to buoy their Spiderverse films and having MCU crossover characters gives them added team-up marketing bonuses.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And, in general people will pay more to see RDJ or Cumberbatch than Tom Holland I'd wager.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    M.O.D.O.K. panel:

Has a couple clips of footage in there. Did not expect the Robot Chicken stop motion approach but it certainly works for this sort of thing. The idea of M.O.D.O.K. having to deal with professional and domestic issues due to A.I.M. going bankrupt is certainly an amusing premise.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Disney+ has reorganized its Marvel page.

The rows now go: MCU (basically newest films), Phase One, Phase Two, Phase Three, Timeline Order (w00t!!! though Thor 2 is in the wrong place, everything else is surprisingly correct- including starting with the two Captains before Iron Man 1), Marvel Legacy Movies & Marvel Live Action Series & Specials and Marvel Legacy Animation.

The two Legacy banners are most noteworthy, as that's what they're organizing all of the non-MCU stuff under. Also makes one hope that maybe this is what they'll eventually apply to the Star Wars page as well, so we can finally get Droids, Ewoks & Clone Wars 2D.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015