main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Gonna be honest....Can't sympathize with folks who say ONE thing destroyed their investment for the whole entire franchise to be honest.

Like I get it if it was a string of burns.

I even get if you don't like something because it's a continuation of the thing you don't like.

But liking/disliking TROS I don't get how that effects one's opinion on The Mandalorian or how Mandaloran would effect your opinion on Cassian or Obi-Wan.

Different crews, different writers, different timeline, different characters different things.

I mean not liking the entire direction okay...but one thinking ruining the entire future....I don't know....I can't sympathize :(

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You both need to stop mentioning this completely fake character that I know you made up, you're not going to convince me he's real, I'm sorry. It's time for this bit to end.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    @A Chorus of Disapproval and @Bor Mullet did you guys hear that?

[​IMG]

Riv_Shiel, Aah Fisto, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This is how I look at things as well. For every franchise. One bad film in a series doesn't ruin the whole series for me. Even one (or a few) bad moments IN a film doesn't ruin the whole rest of the film for me. This is why I very much enjoy both AOTC and Batman v. Superman.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Lee_ and Vader Bob like this.
  6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Three Mandos and a baby

7. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Am I the only one that doesn't mind a 2 hour 2D cartoon ?
    They can make the art style similar to Clone Wars 2D.

They can adapt ideas that George Lucas had for the sequel trilogy in three 2 hour long cartoons.

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  8. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I like your idea because I believe George Lucas’s ideas for Sequel Trilogy would translate better animated than on film. I wouldn’t mind seeing a whole animated trilogy. The last episodes of Clone Wars was animated in such a gorgeous fashion I would love to see a trilogy of that quality with George and Filoni working together. Sign me up!!!

antitoxicgamer likes this.
  9. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Well, I meant the 2003 clone wars cartoon though.

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  10. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    The 2003 Clone Wars style was cool too. General Grievous vs Mace was awesome!!!

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The only good Grievous is the Tartakovsky Grievous.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah too OP to believe he could take out 6 jedi by himself when in other media he has difficult taking on one or two.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He just looks and sounds better. And the style of show was completely OTT. So I wouldn’t focus on that.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah i remember Mace Windu pucnhing droids.[face_laugh]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I like Tartakovsky and hope he makes another series, but here's hoping he also seriously tones down the "power levels" of the cast. He could make it work, but the best Star Wars, especially in terms of characters, are usually grounded in terms of characters. Even the "third part" of the micro-series was at its best when the Jedi Council was just... talking and having a conversation.

The early micro-series, to me, wasn't as good because none of the characters slowed down, waited to catch their breath, and talked about what they were thinking, imho.

Later part of the micro-series > early part of the micro-series

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I much prefer Geroge's Grevious he's more fun. More true to Star Wars.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2020
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    George's Grievous, for me, is the least Star Warsy creation in official Star Wars.

18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Rogue Two: A Bothan to Die for

A Bothan tale of suspense, romance and intrigue as a crack team of Bothan agents obtain information around the Death Star’s location, status, and the Emperor‘s plans to visit.

Another on my wish list ... whatever the Rian Johnson trilogy is/was going to be.

Jedi Knight Fett and Riv_Shiel like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Still better than 2D Grevious.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I found it refreshing that, after countless homages to various classic cinema tropes, that George finally included a mustache twirler. Grievous could easily believably tie Padme to the railroad tracks from SOLO.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If he had an actual mustache that he twirled, I would’ve been more open to Grievous. If you’re gonna be on the nose with a trope, I say go under the nose too.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Agree on AOTC. I think a lot of people didn't get the point around that movie- it was intended to be how it was- that was the style of sort of trite, corny love affair stuff that is in the stories that influenced Lucas. You hear people railing about that to no end, as if Lucas slipped up in making it that way, and doesn't get the point- it's like no, you don't get the point. Lots of re-watch value to that movie.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  23. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    A Star Wars related story set in our world. Perhaps some kid in a lab discovers that the Force is real and by the end shows limited Force wielding powers (somewhat plausible considering the role of midichlorians).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'll take a Babu Bliss series please and thank you.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Should the old EU not be used as inspiration/